DVDVR Message Board

UFC 262: Oliveira vs. Chandler (5/15/2021) - Houston, TX (Toyota Center)

Elsalvajeloco

182991513_10159348920771276_817539269765

UFC 262: Oliveira vs. Chandler 
May 15, 2021 
Houston, TX (Toyota Center)

UFC Lightweight Championship: Charles Oliveira (155) vs. Michael Chandler (155) (vacant) - Oliveira, TKO (punches), R2 (0:19)
Tony Ferguson (156) vs. Beneil Dariush (156) - Dariush, DEC (unanimous)
Matt Schnell (136) vs. Rogério Bontorin (137)* - Bontorin, DEC (unanimous)
Katlyn Chookagian (126) vs. Viviane Araújo (126) - Chookagian, DEC (unanimous)
Shane Burgos (146) vs. Edson Barboza (146) - Barboza, TKO (strikes), R3 (1:16)

ESPN / ESPN+ Preliminary Card:
Ronaldo Souza (186) vs. André Muniz (186) - Muniz, SUB (inverted armbar), R1 (3:59)
Landon Vannata (146) vs. Mike Grundy (146) - Vannata, DEC (split)
Jordan Wright (185) vs. Jamie Pickett (186) - Wright, TKO (knee and punches), R1 (1:04)
Andrea Lee (126) vs. Antonina Shevchenko (125) - Lee, SUB (triangle armbar), R2 (4:52)

ESPN+ / Fight Pass Preliminary Card:
Gina Mazany (126) vs. Priscila Cachoeira (126) - Cachoeira, TKO (strikes), R2 (4:51)
Kevin Aguilar (145) vs. Tucker Lutz (146) - Lutz, DEC (unanimous)
Christos Giagos (156) vs. Sean Soriano (156) - Giagos, SUB (d'arce choke), R2 (0:59)

*Forfeits 20% of purse for missing weight

Event Bonuses ($75,000)
Performance of the Night: Christos Giagos
Performance of the Night: Charles Oliveira
Fight of the Night: Shane Burgos vs. Edson Barboza

Attendance: 16,000
Gate: $4.11 million
Buyrate: 300,000

I guess I don't feel very strongly one way or the other. I could say that about nearly every fight on the card really. All I really want is for that fight to be good and for Tony Ferguson to not look washed.

What are Jacare's chances against Muniz? He looks a slight favourite based on betting odds but I'm pretty unfamiliar with Muniz. Looks like he's got quite a few submission wins and he's on a roll coming up the rankings, but this is a massive step up in opposition for him, despite Souza's form (man, 4 losses in his last 5 ?). Are they giving Jacare somebody he can grapple with? 

3 hours ago, Jiji said:

What are Jacare's chances against Muniz? He looks a slight favourite based on betting odds but I'm pretty unfamiliar with Muniz. Looks like he's got quite a few submission wins and he's on a roll coming up the rankings, but this is a massive step up in opposition for him, despite Souza's form (man, 4 losses in his last 5 ?). Are they giving Jacare somebody he can grapple with? 

During the weigh in show yesterday the panel was asked which one will be ranked in the top 15 at the end of the year Jacare or Muniz. Daniel Cormier and Din Thomas both said neither. 

So I guess Jacare's chances are pretty good?

• Like 1

I had a feeling Cachoeira would get to Mazany eventually. That's the bad side of the lay and pray strategy especially a fighter with very little standup ability: if you're not sapping the energy away from your opponent, all your opponent has to do is get one opening.

So the whole main card is USA vs Brazil matches, but the (televised) prelims have zero?

Very odd how in this new "Crowds back for the first time" era, match graphics get a massive pop. I wonder how long that'll last?

1 minute ago, AxB said:

So the whole main card is USA vs Brazil matches, but the (televised) prelims have zero?

Very odd how in this new "Crowds back for the first time" era, match graphics get a massive pop. I wonder how long that'll last?

Beneil Dariush is Brazilian?

The green and yellow backdrops were throwing me off.

So, all finishes so far. Poor Antonina Shevchenko's forehead. Looking all Star Trek at the end there. 

Yeah, you could hear it. It was audible live, but loud as hell on the replay. And after they'd been talking about how Jacare won with one arm earlier in his career.

I am so sorry. This is such a shitty way for a legend like Jacare to wind down his career. Like, he should retire but part of me wants him to go on a 3 fight win streak in Bellator or something. Fuck up some 3-2 dudes in Rizin. Anything but this.