DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Embedded Roses - 5/3/21

Gonzo

11 minutes ago, Goodear said:

Not for nothing, but X-Pac heat is something a smart booker can harness and turn into something productive. Much better to be hated by the crowd then to have the crowd be indifferent.

as I've said several times I really do think this was the key to ECW Justin Credible.  Any attempt to make him hipper or cooler would have ensured he was a cool heel and thus doomed to eventually become a face (especially with the ECW crowd).  But cheesy shit like "That's Incredible" the "that's not just the coolest..." catchphrase being forced and contrived, even the Justin Credible name itself, kept that from ever happening.

There was an element of meta-heat.  "This Guy is the one who departing favorites like The Sandman job out to? A cooler badguy should've gotten to do that! FUUUUUUUUUUUCK!" (but of course, it's because Justin Credible was safe from contracting face-by-default status amid "you sold out!" chants directed at the people going out on their back.)

• Like 2

Eva used correctly could work, but I sort of think the place was that was NXT and I think that could have worked again. I just think it's hilarious that they spent months building up 'Untouchable' Carmella, gave her a valet and a new 'sexy' entrance....then basically had her drop all her character development because there's only room for one Emmalina Take 72 in WWE presumably.

I'm not familiar with Toni Storm's best work I am sure, but I am personally mystified as to why people think in 2021 she is considered some kind of star in waiting.

4 hours ago, Goodear said:

If this is for me, I don't watch RAW and haven't in ... years I think?

WWE sucks.

No, that wasn’t aimed at you or anyone on here in general. My original comment was mainly from my bemusement at Drew Gulak getting a rose jammed up his ass more than anything.

4 hours ago, Raziel said:

Yes, but "WWE Defender" is literally the worst insult that can be levyed against someone on this board, and is the go to for most people if you don't shit on everything that shows up on a Titan show.

As it should be.

Edited by Super Ape
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Super Ape said:

No, that wasn’t aimed at you or anyone on here in general. My original comment was mainly from my bemusement at Drew Gulak getting a rose jammed up his ass more than anything.

As it should be.

You need help dude.  Your level of obsessive hatred is unhealthy. 

I can't remember which of the youtube triumvirate (whatculture/cultaholic/wrestletalk) podcasts brought it up, but the one way Eva Marie on the main roster could work is if she becomes the anti-4HW. Like, wins the title after gratuitous interference, then brings back the Diva title and only agrees to defend it in lingerie pillow fights & shit. She swears up and down that "this is what fans want to see!" But no one in that writers room can tell a nuanced enough story for that to work the way it should....

• Like 2

11 hours ago, just drew said:

I can't remember which of the youtube triumvirate (whatculture/cultaholic/wrestletalk) podcasts brought it up, but the one way Eva Marie on the main roster could work is if she becomes the anti-4HW. Like, wins the title after gratuitous interference, then brings back the Diva title and only agrees to defend it in lingerie pillow fights & shit. She swears up and down that "this is what fans want to see!" But no one in that writers room can tell a nuanced enough story for that to work the way it should....

God, that would be fuckin awesome.  You'd then have Banks and Bayley etc. debating whether going after the title was worth sacrificing their integrity ...

AH-AH!

AND THEN ALONG CAME CHARLOTTE!

*ding dikky-ding dikky-ding dikky-dikky-ding*

ALONG CAME CHARLOTTE!

*ding dikky-ding dikky-ding dikky-dikky-ding*

LONG-WALKING CHARLOTTE!

SHOEHORNIN' CHARLOTTE! 

ALONG CAME LONG LEGGED LANKY CHARLOTTE!

Edited by nate

19 hours ago, Gonzo said:

I believe back in the olden days we referred to this as "X-Pac heat."

This bums me out. Yes that's the term, but X-Pac was the man. The whole X-Factor debacle only lasted 8 months. And for half of that they were only featured on Heat. It sucks that a bad 8 months out of a generally awesome career got him labeled as a go away heat vacuum. GWF Lightning Kid was awesome. Babyface 123 Kid was great. Heel 123 Kid was solid. Syxx was awesome. X-Pac (DX version) was awesome. X-Pac (X-Factor version) was god awful. X-Pac (2002 nWo version) was pretty awesome again. Post WWE Waltman was really good too.

Who can we nominate to get this wrong righted? Who is the 2021 heat vacuum?

• Like 6

Will I finally get my "Eva Marie + Baron Corbin" dual champion power couple that I dreamed of back in NXT?

RAW is already garbage. Might as well go full meta with it.

Send Bobby and MVP to Smackdown to fight Roman & Paul E.

Edited by L_W_P
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, L_W_P said:

Send Bobby and MVP to Smackdown to fight Roman & Paul E.

And get Cedric and Shelton back with them to go to Smackdown as well.  They would have some great matches with Jey and whoever partners with him (not sure when Jimmy comes back)

• Like 1