DVDVR Message Board

AEW - MAY 2021

Casey

I'm trying not to just stomp on people living in fantasyland but why do people still think PPVs are the be all end all in 2021, there is literally no financial evidence whatsoever to support this notion anymore. Which isn't to say you shouldn't still build the shows up to be huge, but especially on the longer cycle between PPV's taht AEW runs the idea that doing a Blood & Guts on free TV is some kind of massive faux pas is utter nonsense that I don't want to spend any time breaking down at all.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

20 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I like Caster enough to the point where if he has an LP or something I would consider getting it.  It sounds like he's always been super talented and driven so would be interesting to see how that would sound.  Closest we get to that aside from the pre-match stuff is when they would show music videos on Dark.  I may be white and out of touch but they sounded pretty darn good to me.

I used to be "With It". But they changed what "It" was. Now what I'm "With"  isn't "It" and what's "It" is weird and scary to me... : TheSimpsons

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

Does anyone know what's happened with AEW's second TV show? It's been virtual radio silence since they announced it in January 2020. 

15 hours ago, Jiji said:

Think last I saw was fall debut.

I saw reports that TNT wanted them to add Dark to the title of Dark: Elevation so that people didn't get the impression it was the new show, sounds kinda newzy to me but if true, then that means it's still in the pipeline

• Sad 1

They've already announced a TV Taping on a Friday in November. But whether that's a pre-PPV Friday special, or a regular show that'll be on TV every week by then, we don't know. It's in St Louis I think.

• Like 1

I'd love for AEW to have the second show on Saturday night, but guessing that it will be a weeknight. I am hoping it's a one hour/90 minute show though, as that is enough television weekly without getting burned out.

1 hour ago, AxB said:

They've already announced a TV Taping on a Friday in November. But whether that's a pre-PPV Friday special, or a regular show that'll be on TV every week by then, we don't know. It's in St Louis I think.

I literally just saw they're doing that before every PPV now. Interesting, so maybe the new show will be taped to air Fridays, with a live go-home show? Or these could just be live countdown specials or something and the new show is yet to come. Put the speculation right in my veins

I think that the Turner getting NHL rights threw a monkey wrench onto the idea of a second show on Turner proper. We’re still not even sure if Dynamite is staying on Wednesdays.

Irrespective of the demo numbers AEW does, Turner didn’t pay the NHL as much money as they did for their demo rankings. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, AxB said:

I thought that was a Friday Dynamite

1 hour ago, zendragon said:

I thought that was a Friday Dynamite

I asked this question before...on the AEW website the St Louis event is specifically labeled "AEW TV Taping", in contrast to the other event which are labeled "AEW Dynamite".

• Like 1

Hopefully this isn't one of those need to fill up the show with indie guys and is an actual hire.  Already a hell of a talent but Garcia had a breakthrough performance at WM weekend and you have to think he is on NXT radar.   Should be a good match if Janela takes it seriously

• Like 1

He probably will, Janela's whole deal is about wanting to elevate indie workers.

See how Double or Nothing is a whole weekend deal, with Friday Dynamite on the 28th, Fan Fest on the 29th , and the PPV on the Sunday? Is Friday Dynamite an extra show, or just the regular Wednesday show delayed a couple of nights?