Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board

UFC Fight Night on ESPN 23: Reyes vs. Procházka (5/1/2021) - Las Vegas, NV (UFC APEX)


Recommended Posts

Procházka makes intense entrance, warrior music fades.

Dramatic Pause.

Montell Jordan "THIS IS HOW WE DO IT!" 

Here comes Dominc Reyes.

LOL

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Reyes is still out as they went to the break.

Reyes has gone from 12-0 to losing three in a row. One of those, I and a lot of people thought he beat Jon Jones. Two of the three defeats by TKO and now KTFO for the first time.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Jiri Procházka vs the winner of the UFC Light Heavyweight Championship fight between Jan Błachowicz vs. Glover Teixeira, right?

Link to post
Share on other sites

If Procházka came to the ring yelling HUSS HUSS he'd be Top 5 favorite fighter in the world. 

Hard to watch that KO with the way Reyes fell on the top of his head. Hope he's okay.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, jaedmc said:

If Procházka came to the ring yelling HUSS HUSS he'd be Top 5 favorite fighter in the world. 

Hard to watch that KO with the way Reyes fell on the top of his head. Hope he's okay.

I'm more worried about Reyes' face somehow....he was a bloody mess like 90 seconds into the fight. Jiri was trying to give him a facelift manually.

It's scary watching a guy who doesn't give a flying fuck about getting hit. And it's not like Reyes has pillows for fists (he was also landing some strong kicks to the body). He was trying his very best and only one strike really affected Jiri. Many times that's all you need, but his glimmer of hope faded away quickly once he didn't get that guillotine. 

I don't see many people stepping up to fight this guy. And after beating Reyes this decisively, the only logical step forward is a title fight or an immediate title eliminator.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

I'm more worried about Reyes' face somehow....he was a bloody mess like 90 seconds into the fight. Jiri was trying to give him a facelift manually.

It's scary watching a guy who doesn't give a flying fuck about getting hit. And it's not like Reyes has pillows for fists (he was also landing some strong kicks to the body). He was trying his very best and only one strike really affected Jiri. Many times that's all you need, but his glimmer of hope faded away quickly once he didn't get that guillotine. 

I don't see many people stepping up to fight this guy. And after beating Reyes this decisively, the only logical step forward is a title fight or an immediate title eliminator.

Reyes hit some of the same shots he's used to KO others in the first including that retreating left that put away Weidman. And all he got for it was another broken nose. Fucking demoralizing. 

What worries me about Jiri is that he absorbed a lot to get what he wanted, and I don't know how good a solution that is long term. Can he do that against "Polish Power"TM?

I sure as hell want to find out.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

Jiri Prochazka is really fun to watch. That spinning back elbow was awesome.

Elbow KOs are a favourite of mine be it the savage elbow by Matt Brown to Diego Sanchez and the spinning version used by Jiri on Reyes.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jaedmc said:

If Procházka came to the ring yelling HUSS HUSS he'd be Top 5 favorite fighter in the world. 

Hard to watch that KO with the way Reyes fell on the top of his head. Hope he's okay.

Give him special dispensation to wear furry boots and he’s number 1.  Failing that get some hair growth treatment on his lower legs.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Jiri is THAT DUDE! i'd been watching him in Rizin for the past few years and he was dominant, but i always wondered how he'd stack up against UFC competition. we got our answer, but i want more.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

One of my fav girls Randa just can't catch a break. That fight was awesome while it lasted though. I hope she gets another shot and doesn't get cut coming off this kind of loss even if it is 4 straight now. 

Amazing performance and KO from Jiri. Absolutely brutal. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, DreamBroken said:

One of my fav girls Randa just can't catch a break. That fight was awesome while it lasted though. I hope she gets another shot and doesn't get cut coming off this kind of loss even if it is 4 straight now. 

Amazing performance and KO from Jiri. Absolutely brutal. 

It feels like she has been on the chopping block for the better part of 2 and 1/2 years.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Elsalvajeloco changed the title to UFC Fight Night on ESPN 23: Reyes vs. Procházka (5/1/2021) - Las Vegas, NV (UFC APEX)
  • Elsalvajeloco unpinned this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...