DVDVR Message Board

SDL - Clearing The Table (Reigns/Bryan) - 4/30/2021

The Natural

I'm intrigued by this match since last week's announcement because of the two involved particularly Daniel Bryan as I rate him as the GOAT the stipulation if Bryan loses, he's banished Smackdown and the directions this might go in:

• Daniel Bryan wins and then drops it to Cesaro. Least likely possibility.
  • Daniel Bryan goes to RAW. Bryan's one of the few wrestlers to stay on the same roster he was drafted to when the brand split was brought back in 2016. RAW is fucking purgatory.
  • This starts Bryan to becoming a part-time wrestler.
  • It's a sendoff to Bryan as his contract is coming to an end and if he doesn't sign a new one for WWE.
  • Cesaro wants revenge for Bryan and challenges Roman Reigns who accepts despite dismissing his challenge on Smackdown this week.

We'll see soon enough! Hope the match gets time and less Jey Uso interference, the better.

I expect Bryan to lose to start Cesaro's quest for vengeance and the title.  But I'll be pretty furious if he ends up going to Raw.  The show is a shithole and I'm worried about how much they'd fuck things up.  I mean if it leads to him getting Gulak to get serious then fine I guess but I don't have high hopes.

Now if he were to go to NXT that'd be a damn fine spot to be in.  He's got plenty of friends working there and he can get some good matches out of the youngins on the roster.  It's unlikely for this to happen but I'd love to see it.

Also, this is all assuming that he doesn't just end up sitting out the rest of his contract and go elsewhere.  Reading that interview he did it sure would be grand if he had a part-time schedule that paid well.  Don't need to say further about that since y'all know what I mean but that would meet his criteria.  I'm just hoping that if it is indeed that place that they get the rights to "Final Countdown".

Edited by NikoBaltimore

• Dolfan in NYC changed the title to SDL - Clearing The Table (Reigns/Bryan) - 4/30/2021

Swear that Bryan was telling Roman to switch the arm at the end haha

Also, were they chanting "fuck you" at the end there? And who would "they" be anyway? I still don't understand the mixture of canned responses that WWE whips up (badly) for these broadcasts.

Edited by Curt McGirt

On 4/27/2021 at 7:20 PM, Dolfan in NYC said:

Well, I guess I should have anticipated this opening early.  

On 4/27/2021 at 8:09 PM, odessasteps said:

I mean, we always start threads three days ahead of time, right? 

Just seen you two now. Way to crap on someone looking forward to something.

Roman Reigns has new entrance music, something we've wanted for a while and it was worth waiting for. Great match between Roman Reigns and Daniel Bryan as expected. Post match angle as Cesaro tied in the ropes witnesses Roman do the Conchairto to Bryan. That's it for Bryan on Smackdown, WWE as well?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, D.Z said:

Bryan to Raw or NXT.

RAW is wrestling hell. NXT would be different but Bryan belongs on the biggest wrestling stages. Having said that, please give us Bryan vs. WALTER. I think the Conchairto will act as an injury angle to buy Bryan/WWE time to see what happens between the two than Bryan just jumping so soon to RAW/NXT, let the stipulation carry weight.

The giant CGI Roman thing before he came out distracted me. I sense they do that a lot now and I would be confused why there isn't a hologram at ringside distracting someone.

1 minute ago, Infinit said:

DB talked about wanting to wrestle internationally, maybe they're going to send him to NXT UK? ?

That's an avenue towards getting Bryan/WALTER. Be interesting to see if Bryan signs with WWE as his contract is running out, a part-time schedule with them or goes elsewhere. There is this thing called AEW and NJPW though the latter is nowhere what it once was from 2012-2018.

The difference in quality between SD and RAW now is bonkers. I can't even get through the hour and a half Hulu RAW , but I actually try to watch SD in real time. It really is the "A-show" now. Which was inevitable. This is Big Four network. That still means a lot, despite being in the age of streaming.

• Like 2

Most everything on the show was generally solid.

Roman/Bryan was fantastic and the match we should have gotten at Wrestlemania. I loved that there was no bs chicanery and Reigns won on his own. The post match angle with the conchairto to Bryan as Cesaro was held back was wonderful as well. Love Roman's new music. It is perfect for him.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Most everything on the show was generally solid.

Roman/Bryan was fantastic and the match we should have gotten at Wrestlemania. I loved that there was no bs chicanery and Reigns won on his own. The post match angle with the conchairto to Bryan as Cesaro was held back was wonderful as well. Love Roman's new music. It is perfect for him.

Co-sign on all you say, @Eivion.

Reigns vs Bryan was a great match. Easily the best match on free TV this year, these two just match up so well together. Probably as good as the PPV match, the ad breaks were a bit awkward and broke up the flow a bit, but it had a much better more satisfying conclusion.

I am cautious they could still add Rollins to Roman vs Cesaro, but if they don't then I am PUMPED for that match.

Crew and Big E had yet another fun if unspectacular match with a guff finish. Looks like they are setting up for a fourway with Owens and Zayn for Backlash. Personally I am so over both of those 2 pairings, but it could be a fun match.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, killsteve said:

Reigns vs Bryan was a great match. Easily the best match on free TV this year, these two just match up so well together. Probably as good as the PPV match, the ad breaks were a bit awkward and broke up the flow a bit, but it had a much better more satisfying conclusion.

I am cautious they could still add Rollins to Roman vs Cesaro, but if they don't then I am PUMPED for that match.

Crew and Big E had yet another fun if unspectacular match with a guff finish. Looks like they are setting up for a fourway with Owens and Zayn for Backlash. Personally I am so over both of those 2 pairings, but it could be a fun match.

Naively hoping WWE puts Reigns/Bryan without adds on YouTube like they very briefly did with Cena/Punk on RAW in February 2013, the famous Piledriver match. I thought this was the best Bryan/Reigns match.

• Like 1