DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 4/21/2021

I work Saturday nights. Sunday ppvs 4eva!

(Also, they did their best ever doing that Sunday show, it's worth seeing if the day played a part in that.)

I think the real answer is "we know Sunday is better but we won't go against the NFL prime time game"

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

That's Nick Commoroto and he is the future of this sport.

He looks like Hercules Hernandez to me not saying it’s a bad thing he just reminds me of Hercules Hernandez.

Did you guys know Hook has a twitter account, follows one account, and hasn't tweeted a single thing? The one account isn't his dad, but the AEW official twitter account.

Those fuckin' leather pants. ? Fashion icon, super athlete, future of pro wrestling. HOOKAMANIA.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, The Natural said:

So Double or Nothing 3:

Young Bucks vs. Jon Moxley/Eddie Kingston for the AEW World Tag Team Championship.

Hikaru Shida vs. Dr. Britt Baker as Baker will end Shida's year long reign as AEW World Women's Champion. First champion in AEW history to have a year long reign.

Will Kenny Omega defend his AEW World Championship or God forbid a six man tag with the Good Brothers? Omega/Good Brothers vs. Death Triangle?

Just looked, it's a Sunday PPV. Fuck.

Bank Holiday Monday for us so at least we can stay up to watch it (unless you’re an unlucky soul who will work a bank holiday pandemic Monday)

• Thanks 1

Kind of weird how life is imitating art (or vice versa) with this MJF/Jericho feud, right? Like the story is that MJF is the younger, fresher, ascendant, upgraded version (albeit a dickhead) while Jericho is holding onto whatever he has left by surrounding himself with superior talent.

And, like, in the execution of what the performers are doing on TV, from the very onset dating back to the show tune bit or whatever, MJF has indeed been that upgraded version as a performer and outclassed Jericho at absolutely everything. If I didn’t know any better I’d think it was very much intentional that he clowned Jericho on the mic last night, as an example.

The only two outs I see as viable at Blood and Guts are: (1 - preferred) Jericho goes out early and it’s Sammy as the guy that knew MJF was bullshit from the start that beats the odds and stands tall at the end or (2) MJF straight up beats Jericho, starting some kind of redemption type arc. If Jericho ends the show standing tall, it’d be pretty bullshit IMO.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

That's Nick Commoroto and he is the future of this sport.

4 hours ago, Web Conn said:

He looks like Hercules Hernandez to me not saying it’s a bad thing he just reminds me of Hercules Hernandez.

4 hours ago, John from Cincinnati said:

I'm telling you guys: Muscly Mandy Patinkin. 

I'm still saying he's Ogre from Revenge of The Nerds.

Great overall show, but I'm kinda confused how they're going to (possibly) explain the Elite trailer thing. Did they get out off camera? Was it a different trailer? Time-delay related-fake-out?

• Like 1

Pinnacle kind of need revenge for that brutal locker room attack that the Inner Circle did a few weeks back. AFAIK they haven’t gotten that yet, so unless it happens next week, you gotta assume they win Blood ‘n Guts - whether it’s a dominating victory or not, who knows. But they need the win more, I think.

I’m really intrigued with what they’re gonna do for Double or Nothing. Pinnacle/Inner Circle is getting a big gimmick match on Dynamite instead, so what do all parties involved do at DoN? Where does the Kingston/Moxley vs The Elite story go by then? It seems like they’re building towards Hangman being the next challenger sooner rather than later in the year, too. Do we get a ten man tag somehow, with Mox, Eddie, Hangman and two members of the Dark Order? Some other tag team?

I had a discussion with someone on Reddit last night about the Nightmare Family vs Factory feud. I think it’s clear as day we’re being set-up for another Cody/QT match, but the consensus on there is a Cody/Agogo match for some reason? I wouldn’t hate that, but he’s not the leader and the story starts and ends with Cody and QT. 

Also, you kind of have to have Britt Baker winning the title at Double or Nothing, right? They’re building towards that, and Shida is running out of challengers again. I wouldn’t hate a heel Shida vs face Statlander, tho.

EDIT: @The Green Meanie Granted I was watching this right before I went to sleep this morning, but it looked like there was a second entrance/exit to the trailer. I noticed some stairs towards the back got FUCKED UP when Mox and Eddie went to enter the trailer. Maybe that’s how?

Edited by Casey
  • Like 1

Yeah, there was definitely a second door open on the trailer when Mox and Kingston went in the one closer to the camera.

Maybe they segue to Bucks vs Kingston/Moxley and run Kenny/Hangman on top? That would be two huge matches.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Mr Harms said:

Can I change my board name to Emo Facepaint Daddy? 

miro looks like a real killer and I hope we see him wrecking fools for a while. 

On 4/21/2021 at 7:38 PM, Dog said:

"Arn Anderson powerbomb"

I thought nothing would top "Emo Facepaint Daddy" then we had that incredible JR/Tazz exchange:

"That Arn Anderson-like...power...bomb."
"It's a Spinebuster"
"Yeah...it's a lot of things, Tazz."
"Yeah but it was a spinebuster."

then about half a minute later after Tazz had changed the topic JR goes "Spinebustah"
====

Loved Tay-Shida. They really beat the tar out of each other. Much nastier than I was expecting. Conti's repeated judo throws really popped the crowd and I was wondering if she shouldn't turn that into a repeating spot (a la the Cesaro swing or repeating Germans), it maybe would take too much to do TOO many but I could see a crowd popping big for her hitting a bunch of those in a row, maybe even better after a hot tag. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Yeah, there was definitely a second door open on the trailer when Mox and Kingston went in the one closer to the camera.

Maybe they segue to Bucks vs Kingston/Moxley and run Kenny/Hangman on top? That would be two huge matches.

Bucks & Good Brothers vs Moxley, Kingston, Nick Gage and I dunno, someone else. Sign me up.