DVDVR Message Board

2021 Post-Mania WWE Purge

2 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Tucker is promising to "tell his story"

"So they always liked Otis more than me so I turned and then they released me"

Tucker is going to be the Madman Fulton of this crop of releases.  Will always find work and it is hard to figure out why

4 minutes ago, Casey said:

The only thing for sure is that Chris Jericho is frantically booking appearances for his podcast right now.

The fringe nutters he'd otherwise book who want to talk about mRNA vaccines have to go to the back of the line, because Bo Dallas is free!

Edited by John from Cincinnati
  • Haha 3

I guess the annual purge has officially started again.

So far the names make sense though I really wish they kept Joe. Hopefully he does something in Japan again.

Kind of happy the IIconics were released together. I'm sure they will do well in the indies and AEW. Still kind of waste. I don't think there ever a good team, but they had so much personality, especially Billie.

Good for Mickie. 

Kind of surprised it took this long for them to release Green with how often she got hurt.

4 minutes ago, Eivion said:

So far the names make sense though I really wish they kept Joe. Hopefully he does something in Japan again.

[...]

Kind of happy the IIconics were released together. I'm sure they will do well in the indies and AEW. Still kind of waste. I don't think there ever a good team, but they had so much personality, especially Billie.

For these three in particular: if they wanted this, I'm glad its happened and I wish them the best.

If they didn't, DEATH TO WWE.

No one is going to talk about him much, but I’m curious to see where Wesley Blake ends up.  He seems to be immensely respected by other wrestlers.  He may have more options than you’d expect, given he never had a really over run.

Really, there's a long line of people WWE could (and maybe should) let go without affecting the product one bit.  I'm trying to come up with a reason the Riott Squad aren't on the list and am drawing a blank.  I liked Ruby well enough when she was on the indies but the time when she or Liv was going get on tv time or do anything noteworthy seems to be past.

I guess Bo stopped Bo-believing..... that his brother would sell enough merch to guarantee him a paycheck. 

12 minutes ago, BobbyWhioux said:

STOKED that Jessie McKay and KC Cassidy are about to be All-Elite

(pleasantly surprised WWE released them together instead of keeping one out of spite)

I really like your optimism though I guess AEW existing might help with that.  I'd hate to think if there was a pandemic and WWE was the only big game in town.

There's also going to need to be a discussion with AEW and Impact for that matter on what happens next.  AEW's roster is so damn bloated that they seem to have inteferences and factions showing up all the time.  Another show will help but at some point Dark and Elevation are going to need to reconsider the idea of doing squash matches and extras coming in.  Maybe whey they start touring again it'd be mostly regulars having matches but room needs to be made big-time.  Especially if there's no plans to cut anybody who's not a dumb shit like Ivelisse.  As for Impact they seem to have a good roster but there's moves that can be made within there too.  If they pick up enough big names they might get more attention from those who normally don't watch them.  And of course there's trades that they can do with AEW if need be.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

SPOILERS regarding vignettes being filmed for a guy we might think is on the bubble:

Reveal hidden contents

WWE began filming promos this week for the return of Aleister Black, PWInsider.com has confirmed.

Black hasn't been seen on television since being drafted to the Smackdown brand last year.

Based on what we have heard about the vignettes, they are loosely based on Black's childhood.    Black, 35, signed with the NXT brand in 2016, making a splash there.  He was brought to the main roster in 2019 and most recently was seen feuding with Kevin Owens in the fall of 2020 on the Raw brand.

There is no word when they will begin to air, but one would think it would be seen.

Sean Ross Sapp comments on SPOILER (if you aren't going to click, he says some of the people cut today had been assured they wouldn't be released... I think).

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Eoae said:

I guess Bo stopped Bo-believing..... that his brother would sell enough merch to guarantee him a paycheck. 

There was talk that Bo was preparing for life after wrestling months ago so it makes sense he is gone. Might have even requested his release.

Just now, Eivion said:

There was talk that Bo was preparing for life after wrestling months ago so it makes sense he is gone. Might have even requested his release.

He & Liv have a chicken farm I’m pretty sure. If living in Tennessee has taught me anything, it’s that chicken farms are profitable.

• Like 3

This is the current state of Twitter

Released wrestlers promising to be better elsewhere

WWE wrestlers learning friends have lost their job

Former WWE wrestlers vocalizing the bitching for said released wrestlers

WWE account - live tweeting NXT UK

• Like 2

Just now, Casey said:

He & Liv have a chicken farm I’m pretty sure. If living in Tennessee has taught me anything, it’s that chicken farms are profitable.

They can go to ROH and be the CHICKEN FARM MAFIA....! with Dem Boys.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Casey said:

Just ask The Briscoes. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RIPPA said:

This is the current state of Twitter

Released wrestlers promising to be better elsewhere

WWE wrestlers learning friends have lost their job

Former WWE wrestlers vocalizing the bitching for said released wrestlers

WWE account - live tweeting NXT UK

Sure, pretend you're not excited about Noam Dar's talk show segment. 

1 minute ago, For Great Justice said:

I won’t call them evil for releasing talent because the roster is massive and they’re a public company and I totally get it, but I will call them moronic for some of the names that they did release. Kay and Joe are money just standing there talking - crazy to let them go.

I will. They're evil.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

Not seeing the Iconics to AEW at all, with the exception of the Spears connection. They're not great workers and AEW doesn't need more goofy undercard acts. Plus, you have the issue of bringing in a lower-card WWE act which has its own pitfalls.  

I mean, let me amend that - Royce has potential for sure but the jury is way out on her as a singles worker.

Of the name acts - Joe has value though I think you bring him in for a few high profile matches to put over other guys. I'd immediately bring in Green who has a total star aura if she can stay healthy. Kalisto is the kind of hidden name here. He's a hell of a worker when given the chance but that's a lot of years being buried.