DVDVR Message Board

2021 Post-Mania WWE Purge

On 5/21/2021 at 4:48 PM, Phantom Lord said:

I always thought Dream was talented too. I just figured there was no way he was ever getting called up because Vince would never get the gimmick or if he did, he would make him go off the rails with the androgyny.  

Allegations aside, I think at some point he really started being The Velveteen Dream. Like he was living that gimmick 24/7 and at some point it stopped being a gimmick.

He was the Male equivalent to Charlotte Flair in that he wasn't crisp or smooth as far as execution of moves but he was so athletic and willing to do the craziest things to get a match over. He wasn't on the indies long at all. He and Lio Rush trained an came up from the same school but Dream was basically a product of the PC you can tell how much it benefited RUSH staying in the indies. After the last big scandal Dream got into,I thought to myself that if Dream got called up a few years before,  He probably wouldn't been let go.

Edited by Ziggy

It took some time but I think it's time to remove Swann from these conversations.  Things have been fine with him and Su for quite a while with evidence to back that up. Not a fan of his but he deserves to not have people on his ass about it still. 

As for Dream I really hope he doesn't do Maryland shows as I would likely just not go anymore when they open back up.  I'm not going to constantly shit post about him but so far the more I find out the worse it is.  Even if he somehow grows up he still needs something to happen to him regarding the allegations.  But since that isn't likely to happen he's best off finding another line of work. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

It took some time but I think it's time to remove Swann from these conversations.  Things have been fine with him and Su for quite a while with evidence to back that up. Not a fan of his but he deserves to not have people on his ass about it still. 

I obviously wish that situation never happened for personal reasons and professional reasons. He got the Cruiserweight title still in the early stages of them bringing back the division. It's unrealistic to believe Vince would give those guys enough shine outside of filling up time for a 3 hour Raw or a 3 1/2 hour PPV that were a common place then. I thought Swann was going to have a good run as Champ and the crowd was behind him. Little did we know that about 9 months later Vince would put the title on Enzo smh. I liked the Enzo and Cass act especially in NXT but either of them as single wasn't gonna work. Although I haven't seen any of his work lately, Cass looks great now and he seems motivated so I hope he does well now

• Like 1

Velveteen Dream finally broke his silence and put out a statement (on Instagram, but it's also all over twitter and probably other socials too). Appears to be claiming that the reason he didn't do it earlier was to protect Kayfabe. Seems like BS.

• RIPPA locked this topic