DVDVR Message Board

2021 Post-Mania WWE Purge

35 minutes ago, D.Z said:

All the releases are budget cuts related, but are really for rerouting money in WWE.

Oh I won't say all of the are budget cuts related.  I can't imagine that Drake was making a ton as ref.  If he wasn't crazy he would still working there.  It seems like Triple H liked him.  Hell wasn't he the ref in Rousey debut?

As far as him going back to wrestling, there isn't a promoter on the indies that could give him more than a bunch of gullible suckers who starts seeing him on OAN or Newsmax or Fox News.  

Sad that Jessamyn didn't amount to much. I was a fan of her early MMA career and with her being a wrestling fan, I thought she would excel here. WWE just filed to trademark her name a few months ago. Too bad we couldn't keep Raw Underground.

Shame that Alexander Wolfe got cut. He was always a highlight during his time in NXT UK, his series with Dragunov was great.

They signed Skyler Storie in August, she worked a battle royal in September, they officially announced her signing in October and then she was never used again. Odd, thought she had potential 

• Like 1

More Drake stuff:

Drake Wuertz is gone from WWE, and the NXT roster were not short on words about his behavior.

In the wake of Drake Wuertz's backstage NXT county commission video and news that he wasn't allowed in the CWC for weeks, more people that had spoken about him off the record were more willing to go on the record. Several names at the Performance Center claim Drake has had "nuclear heat brought on by himself" for the better part of a year. This follows instances where WWE had to warn him about attending events without a mask and not being vaccinated, and several "attempts for political plays," we're told.

In regards to political plays, the roster was well aware that Drake Wuertz had been trying to position himself for certain roles within the company, and was willing to try to put heat on others to get there, and attempted to numerous times.

There were a couple of instances where we're told that minorities within NXT took exception to the way things were worded by Wuertz. One situation we've heard of involved EJ Nduka (Ezra Judge) almost feeling the need to get physical with Drake. There were numerous times when talent, specifically people of color, went to NXT higher ups about situations like this.

Last year's NXT In Your House gained Drake Wuertz significant heat after the show, as story of his behavior circulated. Triple H gave a speech in the middle of the Black Lives Matter movement, which saw him say (paraphrasing) that all people, races, genders, and religions were welcomed. We were told that when "religions" were mentioned, Wuertz's attitude immediately changed, and he aggressively gathered his belongings and left.

In the months following, no fewer than ten wrestlers have told Fightful they didn't feel comfortable or safe around Wuertz. He was also known to have loudly criticized wrestlers for getting vaccinations or even simple flu shots.

Source: Fightful Select

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Infinit said:

Jessamyn reminded me alot of a female Kendall Windham. Just real tall and gangly and kind of awkward looking. (Not a shot at her looks, just how I saw her as a competitor)

Re: Jessamyn

It always struck me weird that she would try to transition to wrestling. I mean she wasn't bad at MMA compared to the other members of Ronda's crew, but she wasn't going to be above a certain level. Nothing about her MMA career led me to believe she would be successful at pro wrestling. She probably is passionate to be a wrestler, but if you weren't that much of an athlete in MMA, it's not going to change as a pro wrestler. 

I'm surprised Marina did nothing because in MMA (a very small sample size based on the # of fights she had), she was an infinitely much better athlete than Shayna and several worlds above Jessamyn. She just couldn't take a punch, which ended her MMA career prematurely. So pro wrestling seemed like a very good backup plan if MMA didn't work out. 

40 minutes ago, Infinit said:

Jessamyn reminded me alot of a female Kendall Windham. Just real tall and gangly and kind of awkward looking. (Not a shot at her looks, just how I saw her as a competitor)

I actually liked her look a lot for a heel wrestler.  She had great, "I'm waiting for my opportunity to sucker punch the shit out of you," energy as Shayna Baszler's toady. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Unless you are putting peanut butter or drugs in your hard drives, I am not sure how the dogs will notice anything

The illegal content comes from the same satellites that the Jews use for the space lasers, which thankfully for us, happen to emit a high-pitch frequency that only our four-legged friends can detect. Leads 'em right to it.

• Haha 2

I know it had been said that Duke wasn't really interested in wrestling, preferring to produce content for UUDD so her release isn't that surprising. Wonder if her release could be similar to Josiah Williams release/re-hiring.

Drake is completely nuts, but to be fair, there are dogs that are trained to sniff out hidden electrical items. 

https://www.techrepublic.com/article/electronics-sniffing-dogs-how-k9s-became-a-secret-weapon-for-solving-high-tech-crimes/

I dont know exactly how Drake worded it (god forbid a clealry biased twitter recap may have puprosly misrepresented someone to make them look as bad as possible) but thats likely what he's refering to. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wolfe just always seemed like a solid worker, and I was happy he was put in Imperium because it at least gave him something to do after Sanity was disbanded and given nothing to do after going to the main roster. Imperium was a cool stable. Hope he lands on his feet and will continue to get work.

• Like 2

Skyler Story/ Brandi Lauren is Joey Janela's current GF, I think. So most likely she gets another shot outside the E. Meltz seems to be super high on Ezra Judge.

10 hours ago, bazzil said:

Drake is completely nuts, but to be fair, there are dogs that are trained to sniff out hidden electrical items. 

https://www.techrepublic.com/article/electronics-sniffing-dogs-how-k9s-became-a-secret-weapon-for-solving-high-tech-crimes/

I dont know exactly how Drake worded it (god forbid a clealry biased twitter recap may have puprosly misrepresented someone to make them look as bad as possible) but thats likely what he's refering to. 

Yeah, and it's not hard to find connections between OUR and a few of these pups. 

But man was it fun to live in that misunderstanding for a couple minutes. 

Dog trained to find hidden objects is not the same as dog trained to find hidden FILES on said objects.  Now that being said imma chalk it up to Drake being dumb as a box of rocks and or not explaining it correctly.  However.  I can also see him and other Qanon wackados thinking that the dogs find the files not the objects.  Which would be par for the q course.

• Like 2