DVDVR Message Board

2021 Post-Mania WWE Purge

Meltzer's also of an age where he might just never have been diagnosed as a kid.

I think its fine to understand that the WWE is a business and they are under no obligation to pay people forever, It's also fine to feel that they way they conduct their business is shitty (lay off during record profits and a pandemic) at least when the go to excuse was "creative has nothing for you" that was somewhat true.

You know it used to be that we had a ton of "characters" and not a lot really good workers. Now its flipped where almost everyone can go in the ring but a lot of wrestlers leave a lot to be desired on the "character" front. In that I would have a hard time defining who they are beyond "wrester". So I enjoyed the Illconics getting over on character work from what I saw of them. I'd love to see them show up in AEW and be chased around by Abadon. 

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

I hope they offer help or rehab for former wrestlers who are possibly mentally unwell as they do for former wrestlers with substance issues. The latter is one of the unambiguously good things the company has done, and expanding that to the former would be nice. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Ultimo Necro said:

He’s a “Dark Side of the Ring” waiting to happen, and not a good one either.

He either winds up becoming some wacked out preacher or back doing deathmatches in front of 8 people, or even worse, both.

Having visions of a Deathmatch Stations of the Cross gimmick match. The guards are smashing tubes over Jesus' head, he's crucified on a barbed wire cross....I think I'm going to have to get out my copy of "Passion of the Christ," the best exploitation film of the 2000s. 

Edited by RazorbladeKiss87
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, RazorbladeKiss87 said:

Having visions of a Deathmatch Stations of the Cross gimmick match. The guards are smashing tubes over Jesus' head, he's crucified on a barbed wire cross....I think I'm going to have to get out my copy of "Passion of the Christ," the best exploitation film of the 2000s. 

What a pitty that Hillbilly Jesus is under AEW contract, because that would be a dreammatch waiting to happen.

• Like 1

It feels a little ghoulish to be happy about someone losing their job, but I'm happy Drake is gone. It needed to happen. Here's hoping that at the very least WWE left the door open to offer the guy help that's fully paid for.

13 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

They def needed to release him before there was a Rollen Stewart (Rainbow Wig guy) situation at the PC. 

"Ex-WWE Employee causes dramatic situation outside Performance Centre" is a slightly less damning headline than "WWE Employee causes dramatic situation inside Performance Centre". But not by much. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, D.Z said:

More WWE Releases: Jessamyn Duke, Vanessa Bourne, Kavita Devi.

Being Ronda Rousey's friend is really, really bad for your career prospects. First they go to train with infamous tactical idiot Edmen "head movement" Shahbazyan and ruin their MMA careers. Then a few years later she strops off from wrestling just because the fans like Becky better, and as soon as it's clear Ronda's not coming back, they get fired. In conclusion, if you're going to ride someone's coattails, pick someone reliable.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AxB said:

Being Ronda Rousey's friend is really, really bad for your career prospects. First they go to train with infamous tactical idiot Edmen "head movement" Shahbazyan and ruin their MMA careers. Then a few years later she strops off from wrestling just because the fans like Becky better, and as soon as it's clear Ronda's not coming back, they get fired. In conclusion, if you're going to ride someone's coattails, pick someone reliable.

Well, I mean, Shafir married Strong and retired, Shayna was just a Tag Champ, and Duke's actively terrible, so it's not like they had actual prospects aside from Shayna.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Maybe it's good she's been doing a lit of uudd stuff.

Poor Austin does nothing but be sad on Twitter these days

1 hour ago, SirSmellingtonofCascadia said:

I hope they offer help or rehab for former wrestlers who are possibly mentally unwell as they do for former wrestlers with substance issues. The latter is one of the unambiguously good things the company has done, and expanding that to the former would be nice. 

You need to want help first and, sadly, I don't see Wuertz as anywhere near that point.

Man, what a weird redemption story, then rise and fall.  It's really sad.