DVDVR Message Board

2021 Post-Mania WWE Purge

Yeah I think the argument that Joe was mailing it in at any point in his WWE/NXT run kinda nuts. I saw people feel that a number of his matches in his last year or two as an active competitor underwhelmed compared to expectations, but I think that was more a result of being a larger wrestler who wrestled a physical style most of his career being 40 years old and no longer having much of his previously impressive speed rather than him not caring.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Black Angel said:

Wait it is?

Yep, and the first half is shockingly decent before it falls completely off a fucking cliff. Probably why I never finished it in the WWE network thread...

• Like 2

7 hours ago, The Natural said:

This.

It's moments like this I always thought IIconics were underrated.  IMO they were dedicated to playing and selling their heel characters. The little temper tantrum thing and punching the air was perfect. Another reason breaking them up a few months before firing them was stupid.

What actual heel tag teams, or tag teams, are there in the WWE women's tag team division? All of them are a makeshift pairing of singles wrestlers. There are no legit tag teams in the women's division. You had Kabuki Warriors, and Kairi Sane left. Bella Twins retired before the division started. Fire & Desire split ages ago. Every other team in this division is a makeshift singles team.

I guess the only one left that counts sorta is The Riott Squad. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheVileOne said:

What actual heel tag teams, or tag teams, are there in the WWE women's tag team division? All of them are a makeshift pairing of singles wrestlers. There are no legit tag teams in the women's division. You had Kabuki Warriors, and Kairi Sane left. Bella Twins retired before the division started. Fire & Desire split ages ago. Every other team in this division is a makeshift singles team.

I mean realistically Kabuki Warriors were a makeshift team that just happened to work well together. Its not like Asuka and Kairi were good friends before that. You aren't wrong though generally speaking. Riott Squad is the only real team left on the main roster. NXT has a few teams, but when they separated the divisions last month that brought the division down to one. I think Mandy/Dana & Naomi/Lana have potential, but they need to be booked decently for a several months for anything to really blossom.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sex Machine Gun said:

https://www.sportskeeda.com/wwe/wwe-seems-sent-mickie-james-belongings

Mickie James got fired *and* WWE sent her shit to her in a trash bag. It's legit, as since the story broke this afternoon HHH has said the person responsible has been fired.

3 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

He says they were fired, anyway.

Sucks when people lose their jobs but I don't have sympathy for the person who did that to Mickie James. Treat others as you'd like to be treated.

• Like 1

It's hilarious that company execs are acting embarrassed by sending Mickie her stuff in a trash bag when, in the past, they booked her in a long angle that revolved around how "fat" she was.  I'd personally care more about being called a pig on national TV for months but hey that's just me, YMMV.

We're getting all worked up over a 16 gallon Hefty when these people are treated like absolute shit on the reg.  "Out of a job with my shit sent back in a bag" vs "out of a job with my shit sent back in a real nice cardboard box" is still out of a job.

Regarding Kalisto (from the new WON)

The Kalisto story is that he cut his own throat months back. The Lucha House Party was the idea of Lince Dorado. He figured that his idea would work to a certain degree because they’d make some merch and sell some merch money, and even if not pushed, Vince would go for it because it appealed to his idea of Mexican stereotypes. And he was right, as Vince greenlit it. Gran Metalik said nothing. He’s happy being paid more than he’s ever made before even if he’s wasting his prime as far as being able to get recognized for his ability. But he just goes with the flow and backed up Dorado. Over time Kalisto grew unhappy about being part of an act that was booked as prelim jokes. He even made a tweet about it. Kalisto kept asking out of the group and was continually told no. But Dorado asked if he and Metalik could be the team since Kalisto wanted out anyway, so they shot the angle for the split. There were never any plans to do anything with the split and it was just a way to pacify Kalisto. But the other two kept being brought to TV, whether to lose or work Main Event or occasionally get a win, even if was to be bodies to chase the 24/7 brigade while Kalisto simply wasn’t booked anymore and was cut

1 hour ago, Eoae said:

Now I'm curious what Kallisto thought would happen if he got his way and split from the group.

Good lucha things probably

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, Peck said:

Jesus. I had to read the whole thing to make sure Dave was being figurative rather than literal with the self-throat-cutting. 

Same here. Just say that Kalisto torpedoed his career or didn't help himself than "he cut his own throat".

Edited by The Natural

1 hour ago, WholeFnMachine said:

I’m not trying to offend anyone but, I cannot be the only one who thinks Dave might be Autistic right? His social interactions and lack of tact on some subjects are signs that he might fall somewhere on the spectrum.

i've long believed this to be the case. especially when you consider his focus on numbers and rankings (and star ratings) on top of your points

• Like 2

People have been saying that for years. Since before the "How's it going Bryan?" "Well, I nearly died today." "So how's the weather down there?" exchange even. And that was when Podcasts weren't called podcasts yet. They were still called internet radio shows.

• Like 1