DVDVR Message Board

2021 Post-Mania WWE Purge

5 hours ago, The Natural said:

Gotta love Punk saying this to what is pretty much the Underboss, Consigliere and highest-earning Capo in the Family. He might as well say "Where's Wallace?"

If you're defending this corporation you should remember they've never been unionized, call their high-risk workers "independent contractors" to avoid giving them health care, and frequently have an outright loathing for their fanbase and talent. You want to talk that corporate mess take it elsewhere because these aren't great people to work for. 

• Like 9

8 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Gotta love Punk saying this to what is pretty much the Underboss, Consigliere and highest-earning Capo in the Family. He might as well say "Where's Wallace?"

If you're defending this corporation you should remember they've never been unionized, call their high-risk workers "independent contractors" to avoid giving them health care, and frequently have an outright loathing for their fanbase and talent. You want to talk that corporate mess take it elsewhere because these aren't great people to work for. 

Please don't forget they let their independent contractors be literally held hostage while Vince and a murderer had a dick measuring contest.  But hey, smiles on faces, y'all.

• Like 10

18 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

"The Barksdale organization wishes Wallace all the best in his future endeavors."

Edited by John from Cincinnati
  • Like 3
  • Haha 7

18 minutes ago, paintedbynumbers said:

NXT cuts will happen today. If Dream still has a job I'l be done with NXT. If the SOB some how makes it to raw or smackdown i'l be done with them.  It's mind boggling that they haven't fixed the problem.  If they haven't yet they never will. 

Dream's release should have happened a lot sooner. Better late than never. I'll keep an eye out for his name and Jordan Devlin.

3 minutes ago, paintedbynumbers said:

hoping this rumor on twitter about Ciampa being released is only a rumor. 

That would be pretty nonsensical as they just aired a vignette on Tuesday of he and Thatcher saying they were coming after MSK’s tag titles. 

• Like 1

BRAIN: Samoa Joe signs with AEW.

BIG BRAIN: Samoa Joe does the indie dream-match rotation, working Bloodsport, popping up in a few other places here and there.

BIGGEST BRAIN: Triller just bought Fite.TV. Part of Triller's business model is one-off boxing PPV's that don't ultimately mean much in the grand scheme of things for boxing. Samoa Joe is available. CM Punk is available. A one-off dream rematch wrestling PPV not affiliated with any lettered organization might be worth looking into.

EDIT: in all seriousness, hoping everyone that wants to keep pursuing wrestling lands on their feet. And if anyone just wants to live the Tucker life...even better. 

Edited by clintthecrippler
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Technico Support said:

Please don't forget they let their independent contractors be literally held hostage while Vince and a murderer had a dick measuring contest.  But hey, smiles on faces, y'all.

Dick measuring contest  between a guy who takes smiles off people's faces and a guy who takes faces off of people's smiles!

Edited by Shartnado
slight typo
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

I wonder, and this is probably silly of me to do so, would this be a good time for people to ask for release? Like if the company is so concerned about the budget, people who voluntarily want to leave should be able to. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, christopher.annino said:

I wonder, and this is probably silly of me to do so, would this be a good time for people to ask for release? Like if the company is so concerned about the budget, people who voluntarily want to leave should be able to. 

if they were concerned about the budget they wouldn't be touting Pat Mcafee and Adnan Virk as if they are the answers to all of WWE's problems.  it was the answer they gave. I'm sure the talent that was released can also see through the "budget" bullshit excuse. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, christopher.annino said:

LOOOOL great point.  Instead of annual "budget cuts oh man we're doing pretty bad we need to trim some fat sorry dudes" firings, have an annual "open door" period where people who really want to leave can just go.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Raziel said:

So, back when the pandemic started, I was talking with a couple of collegues at work and we naively thought that this would teach companies to stop running so lean and start putting actual value on  people that show up even in bad shit.

Stupid me.

Nah, C-levels and EVPs love jets and mansions way more than raising an overstressed labor force's budget. Can't get investors if you're spending money on the riffraff.

This whole situation sucks on so many levels. Using budget cuts as an excuse as you bring in two new announcers who couldn't have come cheap (especially when one of those let go is probably the second best announcer in the company!), the paths which led most of the cutting block to this point (IIconics, Tucker, Kalisto all part of perfectly acceptable midcard tag teams which I'm guessing did modest merch numbers only for those teams to be split up because Vince 'saw something' in one member, and all of them going nowhere, Otis, Lince, and Metalik included; Blake getting caught up in Jaxson Ryker's bootlicking and yet Ryker still has a job?; Mickie and Joe just wanting to work and not getting used or cleared by a company that only wants older talent if they made them)... it's all shitty. I wish the best for those released and for the brain worms to eat Vince from the inside out faster.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, paintedbynumbers said:

if they were concerned about the budget they wouldn't be touting Pat Mcafee and Adnan Virk as if they are the answers to all of WWE's problems.  it was the answer they gave. I'm sure the talent that was released can also see through the "budget" bullshit excuse. 

McAfee was already working for WWE.

• Like 1

I think about someone like Wesley Blake. Two years in the business he gets signed. Probably thinks he's on the verge of stardom. This is the beginning of Obamas second term.  He then toils in nxt through the entire second half of his 20s and beginning of his 30s. Almost a decade playing grabass in Florida during his prime wrestling years waiting for his break. WWE doesn't owe him money or an opportunity but what an indictment of the developmental system. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Eivion said:

McAfee was already working for WWE.

Yeah, I know people are angry, but I don't think McAfee is a name we should be complaining about right now. 

I'm not even rooting for Jordan Devlin to get fired, and I find that's wrong. I have no idea if Devlin is innocent either, but allegations were made against him by one party. This isn't exactly a Scott Rudin thing. Heath Slater had misconduct and assault allegations brought against him once some years ago as well. What would've happened to Heath Slater if that story came out in the past three years?

WWE just brought in a lot of people for its new NXT class this year. The people they cut weren't doing much on TV and chances are they were making easy six figures on their downsides. Not condoning this, but it's probably cheaper for them to bring on new talent at a lower rate and let go the other talent that's getting paid more but they are really not doing anything with them.

Edited by TheVileOne
  • Like 1