DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 4/14/2021

Dolfan in NYC

1 minute ago, Craig H said:

Also, here's a question that I know I should ask in the TV thread, but Snowfall on FX was third on the night. I have never watched it, but from the rating I assume it's a good series that a lot of people are into.

Anyone here watch it and think it's worth checking out?

Paging @Curt McGirt and @supremebve

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jiji said:

Do we still do the "nxt is in da mud" and "damn it feels good to be elite" shticks? 

I'm happy both shows saw a good jump and I hope they retain them. The more fans that tune into NXT and AEW, the better.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Also, here's a question that I know I should ask in the TV thread, but Snowfall on FX was third on the night. I have never watched it, but from the rating I assume it's a good series that a lot of people are into.

I'm a couple episodes into the 3rd season, and I love it so far.  Uncle Jerome is legitimately one of my favorite television characters of all time.

• Like 1

Actually, pretty good week for wrestling all things considered. Raw, as bad as it was, beat out the NBA, NXT saw a huge bump in viewership and demo, and AEW hit one of their biggest viewership levels ever.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Actually, pretty good week for wrestling all things considered. Raw, as bad as it was, beat out the NBA, NXT saw a huge bump in viewership and demo, and AEW hit one of their biggest viewership levels ever.

Didn't NXT do a .22 in the demo after doing a .21 last week and didn't really jump all that much?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Web Conn said:

Ok I’m just gonna say isnt the Babyface winning the big bloody war match against the heel only for the babyface to come on tc for a few weeks and talk trash about the Face that just beat them only for the babyface to make their return and smack some sense into the heel pretty fundamental booking? 

I thought the point of the Lights Out match was that it was the end of the Britt-Rosa rivalry? Britt's promo seemed to suggest her vs Shida is next on the agenda

6 minutes ago, killsteve said:

I thought the point of the Lights Out match was that it was the end of the Britt-Rosa rivalry? Britt's promo seemed to suggest her vs Shida is next on the agenda

Britt takes the belt then Rosa comes back in and demands the shot she thinks she earned is certainly a way forward. Britt ducks her because the lights out match doesn't officially count. This isn't difficult, and I wouldn't be shocked if it wasn't the end. It certainly wasn't for the Moxley-Omega feud. 

You probably won't find that satisfactory if that's the route they go, but that's a different story. 

Edited by John from Cincinnati
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Craig H said:

To be honest, this is what I always think of when I think of the brainbuster. My memory may be shit, but I swear he called it the Ghostbuster, which made it even cooler if you were a kid that was huge into wrestling, ghostbusters, and Koko B. Ware. I was a WWF kid first, so Koko hitting that was my first exposure to it and that's where my memory goes.

Apparently Koko's version of it was distinctive enough that the Japanese mags called Tarzan Goto's brainbuster the Ghostbuster as well.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Britt takes the belt then Rosa comes back in and demands the shot she thinks she earned is certainly a way forward. Britt ducks her because the lights out match doesn't officially count. This isn't difficult, and I wouldn't be shocked if it wasn't the end. It certainly wasn't for the Moxley-Omega feud. 

You probably won't find that satisfactory if that's the route they go, but that's a different story. 

Nah, that would all make sense if it happens that way, it's just not how I've read it coming. Britt should definitely win the belt soon but I get the feeling there are still blockers to do anything title-related with Rosa due to the NWA situation. I could see them going Shida > Britt > Cargill or maybe Statlander with the womens belt. 

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

I've watched it since almost the start (I think I missed some of the first season, or picked it up in the second) but I like it a lot. The reason for the rating might be because it's getting closer to the season finale. In fact that might be the next episode, I'm not sure yet because I missed it last night and planned to catch up tonight. 

But, to wit: It's a really solid, well-acted series about the various intertwining threads of the South Central cocaine trade, fueled by a CIA agent and and handed off to a young kingpin. The story evolves as it goes and honorably doesn't go totally over the top (you can watch Mayans for that). 

EDIT: Oh and it's set in the '80s so it's all historical, everything that happens pretty much happened in real life so it has to remain grounded in reality.

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 1

Paging Gordi.. Paging Gordi..

El Grant Gordi can you do a Haters Guide to Enjoying Dynamite next week with a comical reference to their ratings from this week?*

Those Haters Guides were plenty fun and actually spot on ??

*How they're a 1 trick pony or 1 hit wonder I'd guess but you're way more creative and I'm sure you'll knock it out the park ?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, killsteve said:

But then week two of the four week promo Brit said Thunder’s win didn’t count which makes me think they are building towards a “real match” which will be the blowoff. Do that match at Blood and Guts then run Britt vs Shida at DON. Britt should pin Thunder clean, cuz I think she should be the one to upset Shida and take the strap off her.

3 hours ago, Craig H said:

I'm happy both shows saw a good jump and I hope they retain them. The more fans that tune into NXT and AEW, the better.

What Craig said.  A winner is me now that the shows are on different evenings and I don't have to switch channels.

Snowfall is fucking awesome, dude.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, killsteve said:

Rosa said on a recent interview that she sees Britt as her perfect foil (Batman vs Joker was her analogy), so I am sure they will tie it up again sometime in the future. 

She also put both Serena Deeb and Hikaru Shida on notice in a recent promo, so it is likely that Rosa and Britt will see each other down the road if Britt manages to win the AEW Women's before Rosa.

Edited by J.T.

They have three excellent foils/rivalries in the women's division already with Rosa/Britt, Jade/Velvet, and Nyla/Riho. Shida needs one desperately. Each defense has been pretty good to very good but it's missing an overall story to it. I don't think Tay is that person for her but I hope they find that person for Shida's sake soon.

Edited by Jiji