DVDVR Message Board

Fantasy Booking/Rebooking

We don't really have a place for fantasy booking ideas for the past, present and future. So I thought I'd start this and not clog up other threads. 

The reason I did this today because earlier I posted an idea in this week's Dynamite thread and over the course of the day, I'm more and more convinced in my head that it's $$$ lol

The premise:

QT as Paul Jones leading a rogue's gallery in his quest to end Boogie Woogie Cody Rhodes.

Why? Well...QT is a "trainer/mentor" so fits as a leader with a legit beef in his mind. Plus he can actually take bumps so the payoffs can be physical. This also keeps Cody from the main event scene but still in a story with gravitas. You also have the potential of turns on both sides, QT's pupils gaining character and morality when they break away from him, and Cody's friends turning on him, like Pez and Manny Fernandez did to Jimmy Valiant.

Bonus points if QT starts wearing safari gear lol

So who's got creative ideas about how they would've done old storylines, what they would do with what's going on currently, or what they would like to see in the future??

• Like 1

Sting beating Hollywood Hogan clean as a sheet at WCW Starrcade 1997 for the WCW World Heavyweight Championship. One of the best builds to a wrestling match ever and the worst payoff by far. The beginning of the end for WCW. Fuck Hogan and Eric Bischoff for that and the BS excuse for doing so blaming Sting not getting a tan.

Sting should never have joined the n.W.o either in 1998. Wolfpac Sting is the worst iteration of the Stinger.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 3

Crazy Old Man Bob Backlund should have gotten a proper WWF title run instead of 3 days of transition.

would even have been better for Nash/Diesel if he'd gotten to win the belt from Backlund on a proper TV/Pay Per View event

ideally, Nash gets to do the Rumble Win To Mania Main Event pipeline while Backlund continues to randomly murder people with the chicken wing throughout the spring of 95.  half world champ/half three minute warning.  Got a shitty match?  Can't come up with a finish?  Send Crazy Backlund out there like the Monty Python general character to shut everything down because he's convinced one of the combatants has eaten marijuana or swore in front of his children or whatever.  No one is safe. CHAOS TV in 95.

after he loses the belt, have him terrorize HBK for the rest of the year.  Michaels would've been a much better "degenerate" new generation foil for Crazy Backlund than Bret.

• Like 4

Samoa Joe should have won the WWE Championship from AJ Styles during Styles' year long reign from November 2017-November 2018. To say AJ Styles had it for a year, his matches with Shinsuke Nakamura and Samoa Joe were disappointments. Ironically his best match of the run was his last with the belt when Daniel Bryan beat him for it on the go home Smackdown Live for Survivor Series 2018. This gave us Bryan vs. Brock at said PPV.

Shinsuke Nakamura needed to beat Jinder Mahal for the WWE Championship at SummerSlam 2017. Nakamura never really recovered, his 2008 Royal Rumble win felt like a reboot trying to undo the damage that job did.

From the WrestleMania XXXVII thread:

It's a disgrace that Bayley doesn't have a big WrestleMania match for the singles title as she was one of the lone bright spots of WWE last year. Year long WWE Smackdown Live Women's Champion reign/winning the WWE Women's Tag Team Championship with Sasha Banks as the Role Models became the Golden Role Models.

I'd have made Bayley win the Women's Royal Rumble match and face Sasha Banks in the main event of WrestleMania XXXVII. I REALLY wanted that. As Bianca Belair won the Women's Royal Rumble match, I would replace Asuka vs. Rhea Ripley for the WWE RAW Women's Championship with Asuka vs. Bayley for the aforementioned title. The RAW Women's Division could do with Bayley as it's weaker than its counterpart on Smackdown.

Bottom line, it's bullshit for Bayley not to have a high profile WrestleMania match for the reasons provided.

• Like 2

Luger beats Yoko for the title at SummerSlam 93.

Bret and Owen do the 'tied' Rumble winner spot.

Mania 10 - Luger drops the title to Owen. Bret beats Yoko but is injured in the process. Bret battles the odds and beats Owen (to send the crowd home happy) but loses in the rematch due to his injury.

• Like 4

Instead of Cena bringing back the Authority to stop Rollins from injuring Edge I'd have had him bring them back to get one last shot at Brock for the belt at the Royal Rumble. The Authority returns the next week and announces the Rollins-Cena-Lesnar match to fulfill that but also gift their guy in Rollins a title shot/hurt Cena's chances.

I avoid the Reigns nonsense by not putting Bryan in the Rumble. Instead he will face Lesnar at Elimination Chamber. Get it out of the way. Don't hype Roman up.

At the Rumble, Lesnar pins Cena at the end. Run Sting-Undertaker at Wrestlemania, I don't care if it isn't mind blowing in ring, neither was Hogan-Rock. Cena-HHH is next,  where if Cena wins the Authority is gone. Bring up that the last time they wrestled HHH won clean. You can make this a clusterfuck but HHH loses and we never see the Authority again. Finally, run Brock-Reigns without the cash in. Rollins will feud with Ambrose at Mania and wrap up their feud. Rusev can instead face Orton and win.

Run Rusev vs Reigns at SummerSlam instead of Cena-Rollins in the title vs title match. 

• Like 1

Rey Mysterio winning the WWE Championship on RAW during WWE Summer of Punk and losing it on the same show to John Cena. Doing Mysterio dirty and makes Cena look a dick. Instead of SummerSlam 2011 when Cena and Punk unified the WWE Championships, postpone it and save it for later. You run Mysterio (c) vs. Cena instead for the WWE Championship at SummerSlam 2021.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, eikerir said:

Naito should have beaten Okada at WK 12 at the height of his popularity, I can still feel my heart sinking when that 3 count happened and Naito lost. 

Man, that crowd was molten for Tetsuya Naito. Find myself watching his Wrestle Kingdom 12 entrance every now and then: 

I was stunned watching it live when Kazuchika Okada retained the IWGP Heavyweight Championship. Everybody except Gedo thought it was Naito's time.

• Like 1

Charlotte Flair should have lost all the following WrestleMania matches:

WrestleMania XXXII against Sasha Banks and Becky Lynch for the new WWE Women's Championship. Banks should.

WrestleMania XXXIV vs. Asuka. Hated this as Charlotte didn't need it, Asuka losing her Undefeated Streak by tapout, the post match with Asuka further putting Charlotte over on a promo and John Cena rushing backstage to get ready for his match with The Undertaker.

WrestleMania XXXVI beating Rhea Ripley for her NXT Women's Championship. The worst of the three. Rhea's only started to recover this year.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 2

Macho takes Backlunds spot as the crazy vet and beats Bret for the title at survivor series 94. Diesel wins the 95 rumble and beats Savage at mania while Bret beats Shawn in a #1 contenders match. 

Diesel defends against Bret at the first IYH and it pretty ends like the rumble match with lots of interference but the biggest change is a re-debuting Sid taking Diesel out as Shawn’s new bodyguard.  

This sets up the summer of 95 with Diesel vs Shawn and Sid. Shawn can still turn babyface by the end of the year and get his mania win back from Bret for the title at mania 12.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, GuerrillaMonsoon said:

Is the Sting/HHH match better received if Flair comes out instead of the NWO and kicks Sting in the dick?

I'd say so, stupid Sting one last hurrah. The n.W.o helping Sting sucked. Still real to me dammit

• Like 1

On 4/21/2021 at 7:33 PM, The Natural said:

Bianca Belair should've ended one of two Shayna Baszler's reigns as NXT Women's Champion. Belair and Becky Lynch are the worst omissions in the history of the NXT Women's Championship.

Ember Moon should have ended Asukas streak.

The Eclipse should have been sold as the ultimate death move that nobody ever kicked out of for years. Then someone like Bianca can get the rub by being the first person to do it.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, L_W_P said:

Ember Moon should have ended Asukas streak.

The Eclipse should have been sold as the ultimate death move that nobody ever kicked out of for years. Then someone like Bianca can get the rub by being the first person to do it.

This. NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn III was the time.

25 minutes ago, L_W_P said:

Instead of breaking up The Hurt Business; Don't.

That's it. That's the post.

Also this.

• Like 1

On 4/4/2021 at 4:27 PM, GuerrillaMonsoon said:

Luger should have turned heel on the Undertaker at Rumble 94 instead of like half the roster murdering him.

Luger/Taker at Mania X.

Also, Razor should've turned on Taker and fought him at WM11. Neither guy had a compelling feud going on and that would've been something of a dream match at the time. I guess the only downside would be that it would've robbed us of 1-2-3 Kid's pajama....er.....kimono outfit at WM11

• Like 1

Stan Hansen should've been Sting's first challenger instead of The Black Scorpion bullshit. It's not like Hansen wouldn't have done the job because he did one for Luger at Starrcade 1990. It would've cemented Sting as a "tough guy" and a credible champion ala what Foley did for HHH and Orton. It would've robbed us of all of Tony Schiavone's stories of drunk Ric Flair wearing The Black Scorpion mask flashing everyone in the hotel while going, "Stiiiiiing, how will you deal with this?!" but I'm willing to make that sacrifice.

Edited by cwoy2j
  • Like 2

On 4/20/2021 at 3:41 AM, GuerrillaMonsoon said:

Is the Sting/HHH match better received if Flair comes out instead of the NWO and kicks Sting in the dick?

the Sting/HHH match is better received if:

A) Sting wins

B) that's it

• Like 3