DVDVR Message Board

AEW - APR 2021

The Natural

36 minutes ago, grilledcheese said:

Who the fuck is Alex Alex Abrahantes?

I’ m pretty sure it was mentioned both on the show and in this thread BUT of the popularity of the grilled cheese sandwich I will answer your question...

Alex Abrahamtes is usually the regular Spanish language announcer for AEW, part-time BTE character and Penta El Zero M’s interpreter/translator.  There are rumors that he is not translating Penta’s words honestly.  He MIGHT be using the position to get over his problems with Cody.  Penta wants to fight Cody but it is Alex who added the insults that pushed Cody’s buttons.

Adding tomato to regular grilled cheese is a good introduction to fancier grilled cheese.  There is/was a Grilled Cheese restaurant the last time I was in Toronto.  The clubhouse twist on grilled cheese was excellent.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ryan Faulconer said:

I’ m pretty sure it was mentioned both on the show and in this thread BUT of the popularity of the grilled cheese sandwich I will answer your question...

Alex Abrahamtes is usually the regular Spanish language announcer for AEW, part-time BTE character and Penta El Zero M’s interpreter/translator.  There are rumors that he is not translating Penta’s words honestly.  He MIGHT be using the position to get over his problems with Cody.  Penta wants to fight Cody but it is Alex who added the insults that pushed Cody’s buttons.

Adding tomato to regular grilled cheese is a good introduction to fancier grilled cheese.  There is/was a Grilled Cheese restaurant the last time I was in Toronto.  The clubhouse twist on grilled cheese was excellent.

He used to be a wrestler back in the 90s, too.

7 minutes ago, Ryan Faulconer said:

My personal favorite grilled cheese is Havarti on dark rye. 

Thanks for the explanation, but I was just goofing on the double name typo.

33 minutes ago, grilledcheese said:

My personal favorite grilled cheese is Havarti on dark rye. 

Thanks for the explanation, but I was just goofing on the double name typo.

Damn!  I totally missed the graphic typo.  I just thought that you had made a typo, which is easily done and not worth mentioning unless it is a super meta situation like this one.  

Swiss w/tomato on rye was my default in university.

Edited by Ryan Faulconer

51 minutes ago, John E. Dynamite said:

Alex Alex Abrahantes was an Egyptian politician and diplomat who was the sixth Secretary-General of the United Nations from January 1992 to December 1996.

White Egyptian | Nordicism | Know Your Meme

Checks out with my textbook.

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, grilledcheese said:

Who the fuck is Alex Alex Abrahantes?

Oh, I don't know why he's leaving
Or where he's gonna go
I guess he’s got his reasons
But I just don't want to know
'Cause for 24 years
I've been living next door to Alex

Alex, Alex, Abrahantes

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Ultimo Necro said:

Oh, I don't know why he's leaving
Or where he's gonna go
I guess he’s got his reasons
But I just don't want to know
'Cause for 24 years
I've been living next door to Alex

Alex, Alex, Abrahantes

OIP.vO7pgyxmttDvQzlLmtPmIwHaHa?pid=ImgDe

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wyld Samurai said:

I wonder if Adam Cole is going to get into some heat for that.

I doubt it, he’s regularly in these AEW party photos that wrestlers post on social media after they happen. It’s no secret he’s buddies and hangs out with a lot of AEW guys/gals.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Casey said:

I doubt it, he’s regularly in these AEW party photos that wrestlers post on social media after they happen. It’s no secret he’s buddies and hangs out with a lot of AEW guys/gals.

This and he seems a favourite of Triple H/Shawn Michaels.

The scene at a full capacity concert at Daily’s Place:

Surely we’re not far off from AEW trying to run something close to this.  Guess we’ll track the infection rate in Jax for a couple weeks...

11 hours ago, Casey said:

Darby Allin challenged 10 on Twitter to a match on Dynamite for the TNT championship.

Guess he's keeping it until the PPV at least. I'd go full Cornette if they put that belt on anyone in the Dark Order, even if 10 is physically imposing and the only numbered person I could describe. I guess I know Uno also but do I want to?