DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2021 Discussion of Wrestling

Just a random wrestling related thought. What moves did you see a lot growing up that have pretty much disappeared these days?

Some that I thought of when the topic flitted by randomly:

Atomic Knee Drop (back or front)

10 punch in the corner (doesn't help with no crowds, currently)

Scoop-type slams.

Argentine backbreaker (Lex Luger's Torture Rack)

Enzuigiri

45 minutes ago, Morganti said:

My mom was fine.  She went for a run/walk the next day.  Just hydrate lots.

It is rare but the second shot has hit a few people hard. Both my parents got theirs with just feeling a little stuffy and their arm was sore. My girlfriend got her's and felt like she had a major head cold for 2 days. Me I got it and had 48 hours where I was sweating even thought it was 40s. Hurt all over and head was stuffed up.

6 hours ago, SirFozzie said:

Just a random wrestling related thought. What moves did you see a lot growing up that have pretty much disappeared these days?

Scoop-type slams.

Enzuigiri

I saw two of those last night on Dark. Well, except Alan Angels only did five punches in the corner. But then he is Dark Order number 5. But Janela did the Scoop Slam as a 'check out this big move' move.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, AxB said:

I saw two of those last night on Dark. Well, except Alan Angels only did five punches in the corner. But then he is Dark Order number 5. But Janela did the Scoop Slam as a 'check out this big move' move.

If -1 ever does the punches in the corner, it would just be one punch in reverse in the style of Tenet.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, SirFozzie said:

I love a good knee drop. That’s always a move that stands out to me in old footage when it’s done well. I especially love a good top-rope one. 

7 hours ago, SirFozzie said:

Scoop-type slams.

Enzuigiri

JR on his Podcast pre Conrad would always talk about stupid the 10 punches in the corner was, it's probably because him Dad would bring it up as a way to shit on Wrestling. I always liked it mainly because of Babyface Crowd participation it's easy to lose yourself when watching.

It's kinda like Cornette joking about how bad the Austin kicking in the corner looked to him. I've always liked the corner stomping a mud hole thing. It always seemed very snug to me. Not a pretty spot but it always got over 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ziggy said:

JR on his Podcast pre Conrad would always talk about stupid the 10 punches in the corner was, it's probably because him Dad would bring it up as a way to shit on Wrestling.

That's hilarious because my dad, who wasn't on JR's dad's level of awfulness (he never made me kill a bag of puppies) but was definitely in the running, always used the 10 punch as a way to illustrate wrestling's phonyness. 

Wrestling is wonderful and fills my heart with joy in that we all have some stupid, arbitrary limit as far as how much fake shit we'll accept.  There's a guy out there who hates the Canadian Destroyer but has been cool with Irish whips for 40 years.  I'm cool with damn near anything but can't stand any cutter variation, like the one where the opponent has to stand there like an idiot waiting for Cody to do a slo-mo escalera and jump backwards, for example.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 4

John Cone is now second in command under John Laurinaitis in the talent department,  much bigger role than he had previously. About 1-2 others have been added to that department too.

Jason Jordan's new role in WWE is Laurinaiti's former role as lead Producer, overseeing all the others at TV tapings.

Adam Pearce has moved up within the company.

14 hours ago, bobholly138 said:

It is rare but the second shot has hit a few people hard. Both my parents got theirs with just feeling a little stuffy and their arm was sore. My girlfriend got her's and felt like she had a major head cold for 2 days. Me I got it and had 48 hours where I was sweating even thought it was 40s. Hurt all over and head was stuffed up.

I got a fever and felt like garbage in general, but my neck was already messed up too. I haven't had the flu since I was like 10, so I forgot what having a fever felt like. It sucks. That was a fun few days, but it beats two weeks or more and possible death. I drank a lot of water too. My body basically absorbed it as fast as I drank it.

2 minutes ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

DZ hates HumanChessgame

Meanwhile - the absolute fucking worst - how is this guy still employed?

Maybe Vince sees money in an angle about QAnon wackos.

I read that Karrion Kross was photographed at one of these maybe a little too extremist for their own good events with Wuertz.  I am shocked, I say shocked, that the bald white musclehead with a Molon Labe tattoo would hold such beliefs.

@Ryanmight be right.  Wuertz, Kross, Ryker, and whichever one of the Viking Raiders is a just little too into the "viking" shit would make a fine stable.  Of course, Vince would make them babyfaces.

Edited by Technico Support