DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2021 Discussion of Wrestling

2 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Ah - the quarterly "WWE female worker yells at Dave" story

Followed probably by the quarterly "she is exceedingly attractive" line from Dave 

Of all the people going after Dave, I didn't picture a Flair though.

More WWE Business news, from Wrestling Inc by Marc Middleton:

"Khan touted WrestleMania 37 on Peacock, the first time the big event has been held on the streaming platform, and said they are thrilled with the outcome, while Peacock officials were even happier. He said WWE couldn’t be more pleased with the first event on Peacock, and with the promotion that they got from FOX and NBCU in the lead-up to WrestleMania. He talked about potential partnerships coming off the Peacock announcement. WWE is excited about possibly replicating the WWE Network licensing deal to potential streaming partners in key international territories.

Khan talked about how partnering with Tencent in China has led to a major increase in views there. They’ve also had an increase in growth in India and the UK, and are focused on growth there. He touted WWE’s first ever NFTs, many of which sold out in just seconds during WrestleMania Weekend. WWE will continue dealing in NFTs. He also touted the new deal with DraftKings.

WWE has a new multi-episode anime series with CrunchyRoll coming in the near future. Khan touted the ratings success of Young Rock and the A&E Biography on WWE Hall of Famer Steve Austin. Austin’s episode was the highest rated Biography doc in 16 years. The premiere of WWE’s Most Wanted Treasures on A&E retained 79% of the viewership with the Austin doc as the lead-in. Nick turned the call over to Stephanie."

I will post the rest in the box as link

Edited by D.Z
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I didn't have my coffee when I initially read that so at first I thought it said Joel Gertner.  Whoops. 

I didn't misread that, but was indeed going to say "Yup, that sounds exactly like something Joel Gertner would say!"

• Like 1

Going forward the new WWE moto is: Then. Now. Together Forever. Another variant has Together and Forever flipped in order.

Expect live crowd shows for TV Episodes Smackdown and Raw, PPV shows, International shows, Saudi shows when they go back on the road post Summerslam. No more Thunderdome too.

Edited by D.Z

1 hour ago, D.Z said:

Going forward the new WWE moto is: Then. Now. Together Forever. Another variant has Together and Forever flipped in order.

Expect live crowd shows for TV Episodes Smackdown and Raw, PPV shows, International shows, Saudi shows when they go back on the road post Summerslam. No more Thunderdome too.

Then. Now. Forever. Me and my friend Mark.

On 4/21/2021 at 10:24 AM, Raziel said:

I almost wanna say it's Manu, who was picking up a lot of steam around that time working the eastern Indies and WXW (I remember a going to a couple indy shows and seeing him and thinking he has a bright future head of him.  But looking at it, looks like he did do a stint in WWE but never amounted to anything.

I've probably always have had a bias towards multi generational wrestlers. It's easier to have a common ground with a lapsed fan or someone who grew up as fan and not watching anymore ,you could point out how this guy/girl is so and so's Son, Daughter , Niece , Nephew etc and it might make the person show more interest because of that. 

All those Legacy members came off bland except for Orton. That was at a time when everyone coming out of Developmental looked like a generic Randy Orton. I was rooting for them all to do well. I remember everyone was impressed by Batista going out his way to Make Manu look like a million bucks because he started out with the Samoans. I didn't think he was any more Bland than DiBiase Jr and Cody.

Wait...all Meltzer said was that she was getting dental surgery and commented on how shitty it is that women have to keep doing this kind of stuff to satisfy certain expectations of women in certain circles in the industry.  Her tweet doesn’t really match up too well with what he actually said.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

While the trash bag thing is horrible, did the other released wrestlers get the same treatment?   If so then it isn't just one douchebag it was a company decision to treat all of them like shit. 

Apparently according to Meltzer and others, others have received the trash bag send off and one itme sent the wrong person's stuff.    So this person organize this is not only a douche but a moron

Edited by hammerva

Referee John Cone is no longer working in the Talent Relations Department as a Senior Manager, but is staying on as ref.

Nicole Zeoli, who was the Director of Talent Relations was let go. She worked for WWE over 11 years and moved into her role as Director in February 2018.

• Sad 1