DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2021 Discussion of Wrestling

We don't deserve Malcolm Bivens

I about died at the Backwoods logo.

BTW, this is in response to the Fiend's shorts on WWE Shop that have "LET ME IN" in big letters across the butt.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Not to be nitpicky, but I believe the LET ME IN is written across the front.  

Which... ?

Yep, it sure it is.  I don't know about it on the back but there's so much wrong with it being on the front.

And what's bad is it's so easy to just not use that phrase and put either his logo or his face in place of it.  Heck, put the phrase on the leg instead if it needs to be there.  It can't be that hard, can it?

Just now, Dolfan in NYC said:

Not to be nitpicky, but I believe the LET ME IN is written across the front.  

Which... ?

I remembered we had a merch thread after I posted mine and I saw yours. That was the first time I noticed the drawstrings hanging in front of LET ME IN.

Yeah, to echo the other thread, whoever thought of that should be fired. My wife I have the kind of relationship where we mess with each other a lot, but even wearing those shorts as a goof wouldn't go over well.

I never thought something would be as bad as AJ Style's jizz t-shirt, but man, those shorts are the worse ever. BUT...it gave us Bivens clowning on them and the Backwoods logo still kills me so silver linings and all that.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

As much attention as the Bray shorts are getting, Drew's Big Daddy Claymore shorts are almost as baffling. Who buys this shit?

I don't know, but I want a twitter thread of people out in the wild (most likely at Walmart) wearing them.

4 hours ago, John from Cincinnati said:

As much attention as the Bray shorts are getting, Drew's Big Daddy Claymore shorts are almost as baffling. Who buys this shit?

What we really want is a pair of shorts with Brock Lenar's chest tattoo on the front.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Yep, it sure it is.  I don't know about it on the back but there's so much wrong with it being on the front.

And what's bad is it's so easy to just not use that phrase and put either his logo or his face in place of it.  Heck, put the phrase on the leg instead if it needs to be there.  It can't be that hard, can it?

cover10.jpg

Edited by El Gran Gordi
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

So, I couldn't remember exactly what the significance was, but there was something funny to me about Alexa naming her doll "lilly." Then I remembered something I read once about a figure in some forms of Jewish mythology named Lilith, who was supposedly Adam's first wife. She refused to submit to his authority and then left the Garden of Eden to couple with Samael. Samael, if you remember WAAAAAAAY back to early Bray Wyatt promos in nXt, was the entity Bray called upon to take over Bray's vessel. He even shouts in a very early promo "Samael, he's all yours." Now, ordinarily, I'd chalk all this up to coincidence. But this is exactly the type shit Bray seems to be into. If Lilly really is a reference to that mythology, good for him for working in something that obscure....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Craig H said:

Hey, someone help jog my memory. This is one of those dumb as fuck things that I can't remember that I'll think about whenever I don't have anything going on.

Around 1999 to 2001 there was some Samoan or Tongan wrestler that the young internet was going crazy over at the time. I think Eric Bischoff even said that this kid would be bigger than Hulk Hogan. The only thing is, I don't think they ever signed with WWE or WCW. Maybe they worked some WXW or some Japan stuff? I'm not sure. Either way, the hype didn't pan out, obviously.

Anyone know who I'm talking about? 

Sonny Siaki maybe?

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Craig H said:

Hey, someone help jog my memory. This is one of those dumb as fuck things that I can't remember that I'll think about whenever I don't have anything going on.

Around 1999 to 2001 there was some Samoan or Tongan wrestler that the young internet was going crazy over at the time. I think Eric Bischoff even said that this kid would be bigger than Hulk Hogan. The only thing is, I don't think they ever signed with WWE or WCW. Maybe they worked some WXW or some Japan stuff? I'm not sure. Either way, the hype didn't pan out, obviously.

Anyone know who I'm talking about? 

I'm pretty sure Bischoff used to say that about Prince Iaukea but that doesn't fit all of your criteria.