DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2021 Discussion of Wrestling

2 hours ago, paintedbynumbers said:

anyone else happen to hear the news Pelle Primeau dropped regarding Joey Ryan?  If you missed it i'd hurry to Pelle's twitter while it's hot.  He has a google folder of texts and pics (don't worry no dick pics)  that Joey sent to Veda Scott while she was engaged to Pelle.   Joey comes out looking like a desperate fucking fool and it's weird that Veda never once asks him to stop with the behavior.  Just an odd situation and Joey certainly comes off as the prick we''ve seen and heard about. 

I browsed that a bit...and as sleazy as Joey was/is, Veda doesn't come out looking very innocent in any of this. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't she cheat on Pelle, her fiance at the time, with Ryan?

• Like 1

How many girlfriend of Primeau did Ryan bang??? Good Lord. 

Listen, the charges against Ryan are severe, serious and totally substantiated. That said, Primeau is coming off pretty sad with all this, too. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Infinit said:

I browsed that a bit...and as sleazy as Joey was/is, Veda doesn't come out looking very innocent in any of this. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't she cheat on Pelle, her fiance at the time, with Ryan?

seems like it. I responded back to Pelle's tweet and said how it didn't make Veda seem so innocent. She made no attempts to have Joey stop and kept chatting with him. Sure she may have tried to sway the topic but Joey obviously felt comfortable enough with her to keep bringing it up. 

Pelle probably needs to move on.  He's been popping up in my Twitter feed since he started trying to raise money for an attorney and he seems desperate to "get" Joey.  He has good reason, and it's not going to bother me any to see Ryan get taken down, but I mostly feel like Pelle's not going to get out of this what he hopes and is more likely to ruin himself financially and emotionally. 

The stuff he's posting today make Ryan look sleazy (not news), but don't cast him or Scott in the best light either.

• Like 1

According to Meltzer, Riddle really did forget his lines and just decided to walk off.  And Vince thought it was hilarious and laughed his ass off.  I would have bet money on Vince blowing a gasket and booting Riddle off tv.

• Haha 3

So I decided to watch the Most Wanted Treasures show on A&E and it is rather interesting.  Although the biggest thing I can't figure out how did these people get this to begin with?   I am going to assume some of this probably half of this is a work.

Also have no idea why someone other than the WWE or the person/family themselves wouldn't have Andre the Giant's casket and the shirt Jerry Lawler wore when he almost died on RAW

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Peck said:

Various reports out there saying Mia Yim and Shane Thorne are being moved to Smackdown. Unsure if they'll keep the Retribution gimmicks or not.

Here is the blurb from WON

Two wrestlers who had been part of RETRIBUTION have changed brands.

PWInsider reported on Monday that Reckoning (Mia Yim) has been moved to the SmackDown roster. Post Wrestling confirmed that news and also reported that Slapjack (Shane Thorne) has been moved to SmackDown. Reckoning and Slapjack had both been members of the Raw roster as part of RETRIBUTION.

Whether or not Yim and Thorne will still be using their RETRIBUTION personas going forward remains to be seen. Both were called up from NXT when RETRIBUTION debuted last year.

RETRIBUTION split up after their leader Mustafa Ali lost a title match against United States Champion Riddle on the Fastlane pre-show last month. When Ali berated the rest of RETRIBUTION following the match, Reckoning walked out on him and then Slapjack did the same thing. T-Bar (Dominik Dijakovic) and Mace (Dio Maddin) then laid out Ali with a double chokeslam.

Last week's Raw ended with T-Bar and Mace attacking Drew McIntyre and giving him a double chokeslam. After McIntyre defeated Randy Orton and Braun Strowman in a number one contender's match, WWE Champion Bobby Lashley's' associate MVP came out to the stage. With McIntyre's attention turned to MVP, T-Bar and Mace ambushed McIntyre. T-Bar and Mace were still using their RETRIBUTION personas.

2 hours ago, Eoae said:

According to Meltzer, Riddle really did forget his lines and just decided to walk off.  And Vince thought it was hilarious and laughed his ass off.  I would have bet money on Vince blowing a gasket and booting Riddle off tv.

It makes sense that Vince liked it. It's kinda ballsy (in Vince's concept of the term) to just be like, "Fuck it, I'm out" instead of floundering, Kallisto style, to say something.

The look on Asuka's face, though, holy shit. That's hilarious. When did this happen?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

22 hours ago, Yo-Yo's Roomie said:

Every couple of months or so I go down a Postmodern Jukebox rabbit hole on YouTube. Well, tonight I found out for the first time that Xavier Woods appeared in one of these things. Totally unexpected and awesome.

Which one?

Edited by just drew
Nm. Internet sucks ass right now. I see it.
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Eoae said:

10 hours ago, Smelly McUgly said:

It makes sense that Vince liked it. It's kinda ballsy (in Vince's concept of the term) to just be like, "Fuck it, I'm out" instead of floundering, Kallisto style, to say something.

The look on Asuka's face, though, holy shit. That's hilarious. When did this happen?

I skip Matt Riddle. Only watched for Riddle's botch and Asuka's priceless reaction:

ExsydePUcAYGzfJ?format=jpg&name=360x360

Let Asuka Face replace Cornette Face. 

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

Oh wild. Awhile back when NJPW was pulled from AXS, I thought they would land on Vice. Vice had a successful series about wrestling in Dark Side of the Ring and another series about wrestling as well. The only thing they didn't have was a promotion on their channel.

Somehow, someway, NJPW landed on Roku and now it's MLW that will be on Vice.

Wow @Craig Hthis is actually the first I've read the MLW/Vice news.

I have to say, good on Impact and NWA for getting involved with AEW out of the gate, because to me, without the whole "forbidden door" thing, this shoots MLW right up to the default #3 position (I understand ROH is likely in more homes due to Sinclair's wide reach, but 1) it's broadcast syndication vs. a full on cable channel, and 2) it kinda sucks)

1 hour ago, Control said:

Wait, what’s the story here?

His work visa was expired and he was stopped in Hawaii. He said he was coming here to close a lease but I think they found advertisements for him and sent him back. That’s a bad ass shirt though. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Wow @Craig Hthis is actually the first I've read the MLW/Vice news.

I have to say, good on Impact and NWA for getting involved with AEW out of the gate, because to me, without the whole "forbidden door" thing, this shoots MLW right up to the default #3 position (I understand ROH is likely in more homes due to Sinclair's wide reach, but 1) it's broadcast syndication vs. a full on cable channel, and 2) it kinda sucks)

Yeah, ROH does kinda suck. The only way I catch it is off of YTTV's DVR. It airs on our CBS affiliate at 1 or 2 am on a Saturday or Sunday. At least it used to. It may have moved. And the last time I watched it still looked low rent, which is made even worse by the pandemic.

I still hope NJPW winds back up on AXS or even Vice or something else other than Roku.

• Like 1

Hey, someone help jog my memory. This is one of those dumb as fuck things that I can't remember that I'll think about whenever I don't have anything going on.

Around 1999 to 2001 there was some Samoan or Tongan wrestler that the young internet was going crazy over at the time. I think Eric Bischoff even said that this kid would be bigger than Hulk Hogan. The only thing is, I don't think they ever signed with WWE or WCW. Maybe they worked some WXW or some Japan stuff? I'm not sure. Either way, the hype didn't pan out, obviously.

Anyone know who I'm talking about?