DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2021 Discussion of Wrestling

7 hours ago, The Natural said:

Check this video package out. Very well done.

This made it into the Hulu version. It was nice, more importantly it pretty much said they will add more members. I assume Thatcher ends up joining.

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Of course they're just doing this for clicks, but what in the actual fuck is this take. 

Its a shitty take probably being used as an excuse to give Edge another shot at the belt, probably in an actual singles match this time around. 

• Like 1

• RIPPA locked this topic
  • RIPPA unlocked this topic

I randomly found a 2009 HDNet ROH show on my Fight Network On Demand. Kingston vs Claudio, Briscoe Bros vs Dark City Fight Club, a Steen& Generico tag match, and Colt Cabana vs Austin Aries in the main event. Pretty nice hour of wrestling. Goodtimes.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Infinit said:

I randomly found a 2009 HDNet ROH show on my Fight Network On Demand. Kingston vs Claudio, Briscoe Bros vs Dark City Fight Club, a Steen& Generico tag match, and Colt Cabana vs Austin Aries in the main event. Pretty nice hour of wrestling. Goodtimes.

Fight Network is showing them in order on the cable channel. The VOD is probably doing the same. I agree, good stuff.

• Like 1

Not sure what number Raw will stabilize around at some point. 1.5? 

Anywayz WWE should be fine with the amount of money they make, and Smackdown being the most watched American "wrestling" show.

20 hours ago, Infinit said:

Yes, it's funny looking back because by the time the they were on HDNet it wasn't the same Ring of Honor as the Gabe era of ROH. It was more structured for the TV show and alot of Cornettes influence and Pearce being the Booker but it was still a really good show every week 

2 minutes ago, The Green Meanie said:

WWE Fan Council sent out a questionnaire today asking about celebrity involvements. After saying that I don't like Logan Paul and don't want to see him, the survey abruptly ended.

I've gotten phone surveys sponsored by political groups that end like that.  

Edited by Eoae

EDIT: At first I thought that was a tasteless joke but from poking around a little bit, it appears that there was indeed supposed to be some sort of Slim Jim-based wrestling promo on GMA that day involving Randy Savage, and Nate Webb was indeed in NYC on the day of 9/11.

Edited by clintthecrippler
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, PetrolCB said:

If Nate Webb ever shows up in AEW for whatever reason, does Khan get the rights to "Teenage Dirtbag"?

Considering Wheetus actually performed on a show he was on and got involved in an angle, they'd probably be amenable to it.

• Like 2

anyone else happen to hear the news Pelle Primeau dropped regarding Joey Ryan?  If you missed it i'd hurry to Pelle's twitter while it's hot.  He has a google folder of texts and pics (don't worry no dick pics)  that Joey sent to Veda Scott while she was engaged to Pelle.   Joey comes out looking like a desperate fucking fool and it's weird that Veda never once asks him to stop with the behavior.  Just an odd situation and Joey certainly comes off as the prick we''ve seen and heard about. 

18 hours ago, twiztor said:

completely unrelated to everything, i just shipped an item to a customer named "Dustin Roades"

One of my co-workers got an RFQ from a potential customer named Tim White and he was tempted to send a GIF from the Friendly Tap.

• Like 1