DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2021 Discussion of Wrestling

24 minutes ago, Ultimo Necro said:

My mom called all wrestling “wrestlemania” when I was a kid.  She couldn’t tell you what WWF or WCW or anything else was but she knew the wrestlemania name. Maybe they are trying to hit the “old people who call things by one brand name market”

I don’t think the rebrand will encourage her to order the show or subscribe to the network.

This is the same audience that Asylum mockbusters are marketed to.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 4/12/2021 at 10:53 AM, Dolfan in NYC said:

Is Joe officially retired at this point?  

Because Joe vs The Tribal Chief could fucking rule if he's moving to Smackdown. 

Joe is by far the best commentator they have. I wonder if he's any less produced than the others. If he is produced just as much as anyone else than even more props to him. CM Punk was amazing on commentary in WWE too. In my mind I don't see Vince Cussing Joe, Punk or even Booker when he was doing commentary but then again he treated Foley like the other Commentators.

I've been seeing random clips of Joe cutting promos during his WWE run and he's come across so much better than everyone else, like what he says is his words and not like he's interpreting other people's words. I hope he isn't retired from the ring because he still very good over all.

NXT UK Takeovers are NOT on Peacock for some reason. Every other NXT Takeover and every NXT UK TV episode. But no NXT UK Takeovers. I can only presume that in the quest for Peacock to add a pause button they had to pause uploading all of NXT UK.

3 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Wrestlemania Backlash will 3 hours of IWC dorks complaining about the booking. 

? I don't see how thats any different from the Post Wrestlemania thread over in the wwe section 

Or any weekly show thread for Dynamite/Raw/Smackdown hahaha  ? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mattdangerously said:

On the bright side, that might actually be an improvement. 

I enjoyed it more than the first Suicide Squad movie. Seems the Asylum made a cinematic universe out of their Avengers Grimm franchise. They did 2 Avengers Grimm films and Sinister Squad. 

16 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Wrestlemania Backlash will 3 hours of IWC dorks complaining about the booking. 

Yeah, WrestleMania Backlash was basically my Twitter feed last weekend.  Lots of people seemingly offended that people actually showed up for the show and enjoyed it. 

16 hours ago, Ziggy said:

Joe is by far the best commentator they have. I wonder if he's any less produced than the others. If he is produced just as much as anyone else than even more props to him. CM Punk was amazing on commentary in WWE too. In my mind I don't see Vince Cussing Joe, Punk or even Booker when he was doing commentary but then again he treated Foley like the other Commentators.

I've been seeing random clips of Joe cutting promos during his WWE run and he's come across so much better than everyone else, like what he says is his words and not like he's interpreting other people's words. I hope he isn't retired from the ring because he still very good over all.

Punk and Heyman would be the dream team of commentators for me. I always loved Punk's work from IWA-MS to ROH, and then to WWE.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, paintedbynumbers said:

Punk and Heyman would be the dream team of commentators for me. I always loved Punk's work from IWA-MS to ROH, and then to WWE.  

Arguably Punks greatest call ever was the Joe v Necro Butcher, IWA:MS match at the arena.  Punk, Kingston & Prazak were awesome for that one.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ultimo Necro said:

Arguably Punks greatest call ever was the Joe v Necro Butcher, IWA:MS match at the arena.  Punk, Kingston & Prazak were awesome for that one.

"He just kicked him in the fucking head"

Oh God that was soooooooo awesome!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ultimo Necro said:

And Punk's second greatest call was earlier in the show, when this exchange happened:

PRAZAK: "So, CM Punk, are you sticking around for the CZW show tonight?"

CM PUNK: "FUCK Noooooooooooooooooo!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

4 minutes ago, paintedbynumbers said:

I believe that was also when he was signing the "Taco Bucks song" in his DMX voice  "Starbucks what"  "Taco Bell What"  " put em both together you get Taco Bucks"

How does it compare to Punk's Homicide impression?  "They got me wre-stl-ing KoGEEma..."

• Like 1

On 4/14/2021 at 7:32 AM, Ultimo Necro said:

My mom called all wrestling “wrestlemania” when I was a kid.  She couldn’t tell you what WWF or WCW or anything else was but she knew the wrestlemania name. Maybe they are trying to hit the “old people who call things by one brand name market”

I don’t think the rebrand will encourage her to order the show or subscribe to the network.

Wrestlemania! Streaming live on Nintendo!

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, The Natural said:

Answer: A really fucking bad one.

Are they at least using the Bash at the Beach '95 tag team title 3-way as a legal precedent? I'm not going to click that to find out!

Edited by Shartnado
typo