DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2021 Discussion of Wrestling

15 hours ago, Ultimo Necro said:

I feel like MJF needs to learn a crazy Lucha wrist submission and call it that.

Any idea what the said manuever could potentially look like? Would it be hard or easy to distinguish from a standard wristlock? Playing on the not knowing one from the other aspect, do you think they would look very similar so it WOULD take some talent to figure out which was which, OR would they look almost nothing alike, so any idiot SHOULD be able to tell them apart? I mean, the joke would work both ways, but the impact would be completely different.

19 hours ago, BobbyWhioux said:

the best tribute to Vince commentary would be to call every hold "Whatta Maneuver!" and every near fall "one two hegothimnohedidn't"

I'll make sure to throw in a BAAAAAACK Body Drop!

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, paintedbynumbers said:

Also, what is the general consensus with the Indy shows.  Are people buying the Collective Remix or IWTV series??  

It was kinda touched upon in the indy thread but apparently the collective isn't selling so great. The Mania weekend indy cards usually had wrestlers from around the world fly in. The cards are just not interesting and the collective they ran last year had issues with COVID-19 precautions not being followed.

That said, I'm thinking I'll watch Bloodsport since Moxley-Barnett has piqued my interest.

4 minutes ago, Spontaneous said:

It was kinda touched upon in the indy thread but apparently the collective isn't selling so great. The Mania weekend indy cards usually had wrestlers from around the world fly in. The cards are just not interesting and the collective they ran last year had issues with COVID-19 precautions not being followed.

That said, I'm thinking I'll watch Bloodsport since Moxley-Barnett has piqued my interest.

that was what I noticed but didn't want to come out and say it. When you have so many shows in a 3-4 day window it really is showing how limited the current indy pool is.  Like you mentioned this year is severely lacking with international talent which with Covid is understandable. Also $130+ for the package on Fite is pretty high.  

I know a few people who worked the fall collective and were extremely pissed about how they handled things. They won't be working these shows.

AIW having a weekly show on IWTV is very intriguing to me and something to keep an eye on. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Eoae said:

No idea if this is a legit account, but it’s still funny.

Yeah that's the real Luger. DDP, Bischoff, Nikita and others interact with that account pretty regularly and Bischoff has talked about speaking to Lex on the phone every now and then has referenced Luger's tweets from the account.

• Thanks 1

WrestleMania is BACK IN BUSINESS this Saturday and Sunday!

So Cameo and the WWE® are getting in the ring together to get you up close and virtual with personalized videos from these WWE® Superstars.

From April 5th to April 9th WWE® Superstars like Daniel Bryan, Alexa Bliss, Randy Orton, Bianca Belair and Seth Rollins are completing Cameos for the first 15 requests. So don’t waste any time and request today! Don’t forget WrestleMania is LIVE on Peacock in the US and WWE Network elsewhere on April 10th and 11th!

Request a Cameo NOW

https://on.cameo.com/wrestlemania/

Fourteen of Shane's fifteen cameos are still available. That'll be $500, thanks. 

On 4/4/2021 at 8:46 PM, D.Z said:

WWE will stay at the Yuengling Centre up to Aug the 3rd,  live fans will not be permitted to attend episodes of Raw, SmackDown or pay-per-views.

I like how WWE is like that guy who got kicked out of his place, and just goes from couch to couch every couple of months, because they're not doing anything different to better themselves.

Edited by PetrolCB
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, John from Cincinnati said:

https://on.cameo.com/wrestlemania/

Fourteen of Shane's fifteen cameos are still available. That'll be $500, thanks. 

The funny part to me is, why are they limiting them to just 15, or 20, or 25? What else are they doing? Its the easiest money, just say "all orders will be taken through 4/6" and if Alexa Bliss has to cut 100 promos at $400 a pop I am sure she'd manage.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

The funny part to me is, why are they limiting them to just 15, or 20, or 25? What else are they doing? Its the easiest money, just say "all orders will be taken through 4/6" and if Alexa Bliss has to cut 100 promos at $400 a pop I am sure she'd manage.

From the looks of it, alot of them aren't selling well, even with a limit of 15.

30 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

but, but Mania is in Florida, I am sure she is spending every minute at Disney World living her fantasy 

I can't see why they wouldn't let people talk as long as they wanted if there's no crowd and it's not being shown live. But those factors may mean people don't feel the need to talk for that long. I can't see the point in them doing it tbh, they'd have been better off moving the HOF to SummerSlam weekend for this year only.

• Like 2

Bea Priestly is leaving Stardom, apparently Japan as well. Wouldn't it be funny if she ended up in NXT UK?