DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2021 Discussion of Wrestling

5 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Yes, Comcast is making edits to WWE programming. 

We know, you're upset you can't see a joke from 1997 that you'd forgotten about until it was brought up again just now. 

If you say "cancel culture", I'll personally fire you into the sun.  

Oh God, I fell behind on reading the monthly thread, and I'm only on page 50 so far. Please tell me there isn't 9 more pages of that shit.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The fact that the March thread didn't close when that was going on is almost a minor miracle.

As for today being April Fools I would like to celebrate somebody that knew how to pull off a great prank regardless of the day.  And with that I'll link an article about some of the pranks that Owen Hart pulled.  https://whatculture.com/wwe/10-greatest-owen-hart-ribs-of-all-time

My favorite one is not in this article but it was one mentioned in Foley's first book.  Owen and Mick were having house show matches and Austin for some reason was outside.  So they made it their mission to make him crack no matter how bad they had to be.  What finally did the trick was Owen and Mick having an awful hardcore match with the worst weapons to use that they could think of.  One of them was a big ol' bag of popcorn that MIck hit Owen with.  Owen of course sold it then proceeded to do a snow angel.  That got Steve to not only bury his head in his hands due to laughing but also cursing them under his breath.  So according to Mick and Owen mission well accomplished.

• Like 4

Hana Kimura also just received coverage in the Washington Post the other day. I was scrolling the home page and did a double take when I saw the article.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Yes, Comcast is making edits to WWE programming. 

We know, you're upset you can't see a joke from 1997 that you'd forgotten about until it was brought up again just now. 

If you say "cancel culture", I'll personally fire you into the sun.  

It's weird how my argument was literally just asking how far down the line are they going to go. Like are we going to lose Goldust & Macho Man & Eugene? And that has been stretched and twisted by just about every poster that has commented since. I stopped posting last month in the general thread, even tho there were other topics I would have liked to contribute to, just so the thread wouldn't get closed / arguments wouldn't carry over. And here you are bringing it into a whole new month for literally no reason.

Again, I'm not a "cancel culture" pearl clutcher. I think the term is stupid. There's no such thing as being canceled. There's just companies making business decisions about the ethics they want to align with and society weeding out the shit bags.

And no, what E posted about me is not true in regards to feelings on the n word. I'm sure nobody wants a whole paragraph about my views on racism. But if you guys keep projecting the lies and bullshit he claimed of me, I'm gonna have to clear my name.

Lets. Just. Move. On. Kthanksbye.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

It's weird how my argument was literally just asking how far down the line are they going to go. Like are we going to lose Goldust & Macho Man & Eugene? And that has been stretched and twisted by just about every poster that has commented since. I stopped posting last month in the general thread, even tho there were other topics I would have liked to contribute to, just so the thread wouldn't get closed / arguments wouldn't carry over. And here you are bringing it into a whole new month for literally no reason.

Again, I'm not a "cancel culture" pearl clutcher. I think the term is stupid. There's no such thing as being canceled. There's just companies making business decisions about the ethics they want to align with and society weeding out the shit bags.

And no, what E posted about me is not true in regards to feelings on the n word. I'm sure nobody wants a whole paragraph about my views on racism. But if you guys keep projecting the lies and bullshit he claimed of me, I'm gonna have to clear my name.

Lets. Just. Move. On. Kthanksbye.

Thanks for helping everyone move on. Nailed it. No notes. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Thanks for helping everyone move on. Nailed it. No notes. 

Yeah man I get it. But I had to scroll through people taking shots at me, 95% of which weren't even about my actual thoughts and feelings. I gritted my teeth and let it go for days and thought I could finally go back to posting in the monthly thread without feeling like I'm an albatross to the conversation. And post number one in the new thread takes veiled shots at me, of which again are not even on point of what I was actually saying.

It bums me out. Sorry I'm human and felt the need to express that. I'll go back to suffering in silence. See yall in the May thread.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

(The subtext here is me hoping that her days as "Reckoning" are over.)

Keith does look like someone who would be on a Queen Sugar type of show. So basically BET adjacent.

43 minutes ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

Where did NXT UK get their tag team champions? The 1980s?

Screen-Shot-2021-04-01-at-12-08-10-PM.pn

I'll give them some props...they are embracing the gimmick. Some of the outfits they've worn on TV are so ridiculously obnoxious....so ::chef's kiss::

4 hours ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Are we sure that isn’t just two different images of the same guy? 

The idea is that they both look like Orlando Bloom, but one looks like Legolas from Lord of the Rings and the other looks like Will Turner from Pirates of the Caribbean.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

Where did NXT UK get their tag team champions? The 1980s?

Screen-Shot-2021-04-01-at-12-08-10-PM.pn

I have absurdly began shouting “Yes boy!” At the end of Jiu-Jitsu classes, no one I train with watches NXT UK so no one knows what I am on about.

• Haha 2