DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2021 WRESTLING IMAGERY

3 hours ago, Hayabusa said:

Ryder making light of the news. I'd say he's being tone deaf with that comment but what do I know ?

Well...he got fired like this on the same day a year ago...so I guess he's allowed to make light of it?

Warnia de Zarzecki vs Roger Delaporte:

This is Delaporte's best move, the roll up out of nowhere. It's flashy as hell relative to the rest of what he does, but you can learn so much about him just from the way he walks around the ring before hand. I really like the counter out which is almost a 'rana to the arm from a grounded position and right into the armbar.

NLQvE6.gif

Joachim La Barba vs Dan Aubriot

Same idea! Just more Steamboat vs Savage with a few more twists and a flashier entrance. They both work!

mOl37O.gif

Edited by Matt D
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, bazzil said:

EzBavauXIAofnG2?format=jpg&name=medium

The last paragraph is amazing.

JR Benson is namedropped here, who I believe went on to do the early incarnation of Incredibly Strange Wrestling (and who also burned me on a tape deal - it included the "Foley jumping off a roof" clip - but I have since invoked my Buddha nature to forgive). This letter is wild, I have never seen it before. It's like shooting about kay fabe with a schmear of smarky elitism on top.

- RAF, oohhmmmm...

• Like 1

I really need to watch more Rude/Fernandez matches because they seem cool as fuck

I thought this move was rad when Simon & Swinger used it and it's crazy to see it done like 15 years earlier.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1