DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2021 - Top Half

Dolfan in NYC

Speaking of the Orioles - they are currently on a 14 game losing streak.

Which sadly for them doesn't remotely come close to the franchise record

12 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

And somehow the Blue Jays have a weird schedule where their first game against them isn't till the third week of June.

That was the weird way they did the AL East this year

It is the same with the Yanks and Red Sox as they only play for the first time on Friday - meanwhile the Yanks will have played everyone else in the division over 10 times

10 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

That was the weird way they did the AL East this year

It is the same with the Yanks and Red Sox as they only play for the first time on Friday - meanwhile the Yanks will have lost series to everyone else in the division over 10 times

FTFY

Not that I'm bitter about the Yanks playing AAA quality  ball with the exception of one breif 2.5 week stint.

I honestly don't know how the Cubs are doing this. They're essentially a AAA team considering they have TWELVE people on the IL. I don't think it continues though. Their current run is against the Padres, Giants, Padres, Cardinals, and Mets. Going slightly less than .500 against that group will be a miracle.

Yesterday was the first time Stephen Strasburg made 3 consecutive starts since signing his massive extension

He left the game in the third due to injury and is scheduled for a MRI... again

I would note that the Nats chose to extend him instead of Anthony Rendon but that Rendon signing is currently terrible for LAA so who the fuck knows

• Like 1

Oof.  We'll just bust this old gif out:

tenor.gif

"Northsiders" was right there.  

Or go nuts and make them rainbow alts and put Boystown in the front.  

• Like 3

Yeah, that "Wrigleyville" jersey is bad for a couple reasons...

One, I fucking hate the color scheme and like Dolfan said, there were better ways to do this.

Two, Wrigleyville is basically Rickettsville now considering that wretched as fuck family owns everything now. Wrigleyville was cool as fuck before. Get there early, go to Murphys, go to Bernies, go to Sluggers, check out the bucket drummers, etc. Now it's all expensive as shit locales that drown out the stuff that has been there forever. It feels like there's little of that old flavor left. The one thing I like about new Wrigleyville is the stuff on the grounds of the ballpark, except for the triangle building.

Edited by Craig H
  • Like 1

Wow. Disappointed in those. Could just be the camera, but they look dull.

Also no one reps Wrigleyville. When someone says, "I live in Wrigleyville," most people's response is "you like it there? Seems like it might get annoying." And the person who lives there usually goes "It's not that bad, but I'm probably moving when my lease is up."

I'd 100% buy into a Cubs Pride jersey like @Dolfan in NYCsuggested.

• Thanks 1

City Connect alts, so far:

Boston

Spoiler

redsox-boston-marathon-jersey-nc-main-04

Chicago (AL)

Spoiler

20210528_090852.jpg

Miami 

Spoiler

Miguel_Rojas_1.0.jpg

Chicago (NL)

Spoiler

E3D97l7WQAA4T2w?format=jpg&name=large

Arizona, LA, and SF are the other three.  All of those have serious potential.  

Though, so far, the ChiSox and (judging by the sales) Miami are W's.  The Cubs are an underwhelming L.   And Boston is ... well I guess I'll be fair and just say: ?

15 minutes ago, jaedmc said:

Wow. Disappointed in those. Could just be the camera, but they look dull.

Also no one reps Wrigleyville. When someone says, "I live in Wrigleyville," most people's response is "you like it there? Seems like it might get annoying." And the person who lives there usually goes "It's not that bad, but I'm probably moving when my lease is up."

I'd 100% buy into a Cubs Pride jersey like @Dolfan in NYCsuggested.

No joke, but I have a friend who just did this a couple years ago and another friend who is looking to sell and move in the next year. The one who already moved lived a bit further away, maybe a 15 minute walk from the park, the other lives just down the street from the ballpark on Kenmore.

And I would totally buy a Cubs Pride jersey.

Edited by Craig H

5 hours ago, Craig H said:

Here's the vibe I get from the White Sox jerseys: Don't fuck with us.

a pleasant reminder of the White Sox being the official lid of Gangsta Rap 30 (oh, God) years ago

• Like 1