DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2021 - Top Half

Dolfan in NYC

23 hours ago, Craig H said:

One last thing...As cool as hell as those Southside jerseys are, imagine TLR in one...

E3JTDaVWYAI9ZaX?format=jpg&name=medium

Screen_Shot_2017_07_13_at_1.09.20_PM.0.p

Edited by Hamhock
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

Just because of the specifics - I again am posting this here

The US went 4-0 in the Americas Olympics qualifying tournament and locked up a spot in the Olympics (assuming they happen)

Japan, Israel, Mexico and South Korea are also in

There is one final tournament consisting of Venezuela, Australia, Dominican Republic and the Netherlands. (China and Chinese Taipei were also supposed to be in the tournament but both withdrew due to COVID issues). That will take place at the end of June in Mexico and the winner gets the last spot in the Olympics.

And it's official.  I do enjoy the poor marketing team that was handed this and told to make it work for everyone in the Chi.   

"Respect Our NEIGHBORHOOD" has a very "Sorry, but your child's lemonade stand violates our HOA rules" energy.

• Thanks 1

The Hall of Fame ceremony (technically the 2020 class) will be delayed just a little longer

Ceremony has been announced for Wed Sept 8 (so a little more than a month later than its original July 25 date)

Will be an outside ticketed event

The dummies who are suing MLB to bring the All Star Game back to Georgia are having their day in court.  Here's how it's going:

It is generally a bad thing when a judge has to ask you that.

You can click through and read the rest of the live-tweet of the hearing, but that's honestly a pretty good summary.

• Haha 4

My favorite was the guy arguing that MLB is a state actor because people call baseball the "national pastime"

To quote one our worst Americans: I feel bad for our country, but this is tremendous content.

Jacob deGrom left tonight's game after 80 pitches with tendonitis in his right elbow.  

I should note that he was so incredibly good that he was throwing 95mph sliders(!) for K's. He didn't leave the game until he'd pitched 6 innings and allowed only 1 hit(!!).  And his ERA is now 0.56  (!!!).   Oh yeah, he's also hitting .400 for the season. 

Arizona GM Mike Hazen is taking a "physical leave of absence" from the team as his wife is currently battling brain cancer

Assistant GM Amiel Sawdaye will take over day-to-day baseball operations

Insert rant about how I fucking LOATHE MLB blackout rules.

At least I get MLB Network.

EDIT: Not that I think I'm going ot be watching this for that long...

Edited by Raziel

deGrom's MRI came back clean, so he'll just be monitored and is expected to make his next start. 

I'm guessing he was just bored on the mound and wanted to do something else. 

12 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Heard folks on WFAN already comparing this season to 1967 Bob Gibson.

I get it because Degrom has such a low ERA but that's as far as it goes. Gibson went 4 months with 1 start he didn't complete. He pitched 7 innings or more in every start. Degrom has 1 CG. 

16 minutes ago, Tabe said:

I get it because Degrom has such a low ERA but that's as far as it goes. Gibson went 4 months with 1 start he didn't complete. He pitched 7 innings or more in every start. Degrom has 1 CG. 

Something, something different eras...

This is the most mind blowing stat:

DeGrom has 5 RBI's this season at the plate while only conceding 4 earned runs all season on the mound.