DVDVR Message Board

The 1st of April

Dolfan in NYC

21 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Honestly, if it wasn't for you making a post about this every year, I wouldn't even know that tomorrow is April Fools Day.

All due respect C... I'm much more concerned with the people who do know tomorrow is April Fools Day. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

Baseball season starts today and I'm an Orioles fan.  So trust me it's going to be an April Fool's joke on me for at least a couple hours.

BUT I will say that there is the rare joke a company does that ends up being amazing.  Thinkgeek had some fake but amazing gems that they teased could be real.  Of course they never followed up on it and got bought out so we were all fools in the end.  Then there's Google that sometimes has some neat shit like playing Pacman online or something like that.

So basically if you check the right spots April Fools isn't ALL bad.  But here?  Yeah, GTFOH with that noise.

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Haha 1

Still remember Dana White announcing on this date in 2018 that Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. Tony Ferguson at UFC 223 was off with less than a week to go. I posted the cancellation having to say it wasn't an April Fools Joke. The most cursed MMA fight in history. Card was cursed with McGregor's attack on the tour bus. The MMA regulars: @TheVileOne, @Jiji, @Elsalvajeloco, @Craig H, @AxB, @supremebve will remember. McGregor's actions brought posters into that section of the board you normally don't see.

Edited by The Natural

12 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

All due respect C... I'm much more concerned with the people who do know tomorrow is April Fools Day. 

I call today "international avoid the internet as much as possible day." It kind of sucks that today also happens to be opening day for baseball. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Still remember Dana White announcing on this date in 2018 that Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. Tony Ferguson at UFC 223 was off with less than a week to go. I posted the cancellation here heaving to say it wasn't an April Fools Joke. The most cursed MMA fight in history. Card was cursed with McGregor's attack on the tour bus. The MMA regulars: @TheVileOne, @Jiji, @Elsalvajeloco, @Craig H, @AxB, @supremebve will remember. McGregor's actions brought posters into that section of the board you normally don't see.

Think that this may have been the point where most fans started to realize that Conor was missing at least the bubble & squeak from his full breakfast. Maybe missing the black pudding too...

• Like 3

Just now, OSJ said:

Think that this may have been the point where most fans started to realize that Conor was missing at least the bubble & squeak from his full breakfast. Maybe missing the black pudding too...

Yep. Point of no return with me. Wearing thin on my nerves even before.

5 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Yep. Point of no return with me. Wearing thin on my nerves even before.

I'm Irish as fuck and I can't stand the sonofabitch. He needs to be repeatedly fisted by Jimmy Saville.

5 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Baseball season starts today and I'm an Orioles fan.  So trust me it's going to be an April Fool's joke on me for at least a five more years.

That's not even a joke. It just seems more accurate.

14 minutes ago, Ryan said:

That's not even a joke. It just seems more accurate.

The real joke is I subscribed to MLB TV through Youtube TV, realized it sucked and got a refund then did the membership through MLB TV proper.  All that to only find out that the goddamn Orioles game is postponed.  Stupid weather and yes I am indeed a fool.  *bangs head on desk repeatedly*

On 4/1/2021 at 8:36 AM, The Natural said:

Still remember Dana White announcing on this date in 2018 that Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. Tony Ferguson at UFC 223 was off with less than a week to go. I posted the cancellation having to say it wasn't an April Fools Joke. The most cursed MMA fight in history. Card was cursed with McGregor's attack on the tour bus. The MMA regulars will remember. McGregor's actions brought posters into that section of the board you normally don't see.

i remember that well too and praying that it was an elaborate April Fool's Day prank. the FOURTH time that fight didn't happen. Another failed matchup was scheduled to take place in April 2020 until.....COVID. definitely a cursed fight. 

• Like 2

On 4/2/2021 at 2:37 PM, Kuetsar said:

While I value my membership far too much to ever pull stupid prank, I never even think about it until I'm explicitly told not to. I hope I'm not the only contrarian in that regard. . . . ?

Many years ago when in high school there was this long-ass staircase that one had to walk down to get to the beach in Seattle (if you're from the area and I say "Golden Gardens" you'll know exactly what I'm talking about. Anyway, considering it was like 80-90 some stairs to troop down to reach the switch-back trail going the rest of the way, the end of the stairs was the perfect place to fire up a bowl or two. There was a little concrete landing with a metal garbage can, quite handy to bring a six-pack and be eco-friendly. Then for odd reason, some overly-officious Park Dept. employee had taken the initiative to chain the garbage can to the metal hand-railing of the stairs and paint in as close an approximation of Century Bold as they could get on the side of the garbage can "DO NOT REMOVE CAN". Yes, the nimrod actually underlined REMOVE. Now we would never in a million years have thought of removing the garbage can. It wasn't bothering us and was rather a convenience. This was years before the Internetz, but then as now all caps means you are YELLING, well if you are stupid enough to yell at a quite possibly drug/alcohol impaired Irishman in absentia (thus depriving him of a chance to yell back.) So failing that, he must respond in another manner... You can bet your bottom dollar that we twisted that thing until the chain broke and tossed the can off the nearby bluff. Seemed like a good idea at the time...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1