DVDVR Message Board

NXT on USA - 3/31/2021

Dolfan in NYC

Lacey Ryan has looked awesome since they signed her and gave her a stupid name.  And AQA shows up!  They gave her a stupid name too!

EDIT:  Unless that is either of their real names.  If so, I blame their parents.

Candice/Indi vs. Priscilla/AQA was nice little showcase for AQA and Indi. 

Enjoyed Stark/Raquel. Loved how Raquel gradually beat Io down worse after each attack Io launched.

Xia Li beating down Kacy was fun along with Kayden getting choked out by Mei Ling.

Battle royal was fun in moments but nothing special. 

The ending brawl with Io vs. Raquel was nice for the big dive.

The general build for Takeover was nice with all of the promos and video packages.

48 minutes ago, hammerva said:

I wonder why they didn't use mist instead of smoke as the weapon of death now in the group.   Would make it less goofy frankly.  Are Chinese not allowed to cop that?

Total guess but they probably are a little leery of folks, in what would amount to spitting in each others faces, in the COVID era

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DEAN said:

Lacey Ryan has looked awesome since they signed her and gave her a stupid name.  And AQA shows up!  They gave her a stupid name too!

EDIT:  Unless that is either of their real names.  If so, I blame their parents.

Those are their stupid NXT names (Priscilla said she picked hers so I assume AQA had some input on her name too)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Those are their stupid NXT names (Priscilla said she picked hers so I assume AQA had some input on her name too)

It's like entering the WWE is entering the witness protection program.

• Like 1

Another good episode that has me looking forward to Takeover. Is there any word if Mei Ling is an actual wrestler or just someone playing a managerial role? I like the angle so far as it kinda reminds me of something out of Lucha Underground, not to mention Xia Li is good in the ring.

Apparently Franky the dog is in Taya Valkyrie's pet so we'll see her on NXT's first Tuesday show.

Edited by HumanChessgame
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, HumanChessgame said:

Is there any word if Mei Ling is an actual wrestler or just someone playing a managerial role?

General assumption has been that its Karen Q. She should have been medically cleared sometime last year and was tagging with Xia on house shows just a bit before that.

14 minutes ago, HumanChessgame said:

Apparently Franky the dog is in Taya Valkyrie's pet so we'll see her on NXT's first Tuesday show.

Thanks for this. Had no idea who that was supposed to be. Taya coming up already has me worried for Raquel's chances of winning now.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, HumanChessgame said:

Another good episode that has me looking forward to Takeover. Is there any word if Mei Ling is an actual wrestler or just someone playing a managerial role? I like the angle so far as it kinda reminds me of something out of Lucha Underground, not to mention Xia Li is good in the ring.

I think Franky is actually going to be Taya's name, not the dog's. WWE trademarked that one(Franky Monet) about 6 weeks ago.