DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite (3/31/21)

5 hours ago, Shartnado said:

I do!

Please,  they are obviously doing important work in butt stats.  That’s God’s Work going on there.  AEW has used several wrestlers from Brazil for Pete’s sake since they started in 2019.

I look forward to the results!  Brazil~!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sex Machine Gun said:

To be fair, I remember very little this promotion did during the Before Time. Still, I don't trust neckbeards to chaperone TK towards a company that isn't catering to only them.

While I've very much enjoyed basically everything that AEW has done (and credit for doing so much good stuff this past year given the circumstances), I'd maintain that AEW's best run was the 2020 New Years show until the start of this damn pandemic last March. Hangman was on ridiculous fire and fledgling team with Omega was taking off, the build to Cody-MJF, the amazing Atlanta Dynamite with Cody-Wardlow cage match and Page/Kenny versus Lucha Brothers, the great Kenny-Pac ironman match, and the Inner Circle as an awesome heel faction (and build to Mox-Jericho). Revolution 2020 is still their best PPV by at least a couple of paces (and honestly one of the best big shows in North American history). Blood and Guts would have been awesome, and interested to see where everything was initially planning to go from there. There's still a strong connection with the fans and the company, but main there was a real magic then that may be tough to fully recapture (at least initially).

Edited by Big Z
  • Like 4

I think that initially "back to normal" arena shows are going to electric atmospheres, just based on the excitement/enthusiasm of fans getting to be at large scale shows again. If they can maintain what they've been doing (for the most part) in Jacksonville, I don't forsee recapturing the magic being that big of a hurdle.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Ryan Faulconer said:

Please,  they are obviously doing important work in butt stats.  That’s God’s Work going on there.  AEW has used several wrestlers from Brazil for Pete’s sake since they started in 2019.

I look forward to the results!  Brazil~!

Yeah, absolutely. ..let's say I was talking about exactly the same thing , obviously! Thanks!

Hey, so with Cage clearly on the way out of Team Taz, this means Hook is going to start wrestling soon and he will be the first trios champ, right? 

This could be before or after Hook beats Cage clean for the FTW belt. 

Edited by Jiji

On 4/1/2021 at 7:54 AM, just drew said:

Also, I forgot, but it’s worth noting; I saw @Stuttsyuse an expression on Twitter once about Alexa Bliss looking “hotter than doughnut grease.” Penelope Ford had it all going last night, and she looked, in fact, hotter than doughnut grease. It’s crazy how poor a job wwe’s makeup department does for as long as they’ve been in the business. Sorry. I know we aren’t supposed to objectify, and I truly don’t mean to. I guess I’m trying to say that when it’s noticeable how much better the competition is doing at an aspect of your product that you’re supposed to prioritize, it’s a problem.

This makes me think about how Abadon, as far as I know, does her own makeup, and she looks much more frightening (i.e. better) to me than the Fiend.

• Like 4

Beauty is in the eye of the Beholder. So if you play D&D and kill a Beholder, be sure to cut it's eyes open to get the beauty stuff.

• Like 1

• Christian Cage told Entertainment Tonight Canada about re-watching his AEW debut match against Frankie Kazarian with Edge: “Yeah, I did, actually. So he’s actually staying at my house. Yeah, because obviously SmackDown and Raw are here in Tampa so we watched it together. He was very happy for me and was very complimentary of it. And of course, we always both kind of nitpick and give each other constructive criticism and those sorts of things. But I think, for the most part, he felt the same way that I did. I don’t think it could have gone better for the first one back.”
  • Like 2

On 4/1/2021 at 5:01 PM, Wyld Samurai said:

Kris Buttlander makes me want to see her use Doink's old Whoopie Cushion finish.

coming back after a long injury layoff is the perfect opportunity to change her hometown from "The Andromeda System" to "Uranus"

On 4/2/2021 at 11:28 AM, The Green Meanie said:

Wait - they're not already heels? I thought they were since the Hangman thing.

superkicking Tony Schiavone has made them Heels Forever to me

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, BobbyWhioux said:

coming back after a long injury layoff is the perfect opportunity to change her hometown from "The Andromeda System" to "Uranus"

superkicking Tony Schiavone has made them Heels Forever to me

All of this. Cheers!

On 4/2/2021 at 11:22 PM, Big Z said:

While I've very much enjoyed basically everything that AEW has done (and credit for doing so much good stuff this past year given the circumstances), I'd maintain that AEW's best run was the 2020 New Years show until the start of this damn pandemic last March. Hangman was on ridiculous fire and fledgling team with Omega was taking off, the build to Cody-MJF, the amazing Atlanta Dynamite with Cody-Wardlow cage match and Page/Kenny versus Lucha Brothers, the great Kenny-Pac ironman match, and the Inner Circle as an awesome heel faction (and build to Mox-Jericho). Revolution 2020 is still their best PPV by at least a couple of paces (and honestly one of the best big shows in North American history). Blood and Guts would have been awesome, and interested to see where everything was initially planning to go from there. There's still a strong connection with the fans and the company, but main there was a real magic then that may be tough to fully recapture (at least initially).

I was at that Dynamite and it was the best fucking night of wrestling I've ever been to. Every single thing on that show was phenomenal. The atmosphere was fantastic, and the Jon Moxley & Darby Allin entrances were the two loudest pops I've heard live since Goldberg pinned Hogan, and I've been at every tv wrestling show in Atlanta since Hogan/Flair on 1/1/96.

Edited by just drew
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, just drew said:

I was at that Dynamite and it was the best fucking night of wrestling I've ever been to. Every single thing on that show was phenomenal.

Even Omega?

• Haha 2

I'm really late to the party because I haven't been around but damn, what a good show!

LOL ----  I wrote a month ago re QT:

Best case scenario, he creates his own gang of D-Level hangers on, a Legion of Doom to Nightmare Family's Superfriends, and they feud for years, keeping Cody out of the storylines I do care about.  He can be the Sinestro to Cody's Green Lantern, and we all know how much Cody loves superhero storylines.

Ask and I shall receive!  Nightmare Family Black and White vs Nightmare Family Wolfpac needs to be a long program to keep Cody away from actual programs and wrestlers I'm interested in.  If Cody spends a good while fighting through QT's lackeys to finally have a (minimal) hair vs forced tattoo removal match, I'm down.  Somebody prepare Agogo and Comorato and tell them in advance that jobbing to Cody elevates you!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Dog said:

Even Omega?

The awesomeness of Lucha Bros and Hangman cancelled out his lameness, but I want the record to show it took 3 awesome wrestlers to cancel out his tap dancing bullshit.

Speaking of QT - it recently occurred to me that "QT" sounds like "Cutie". Do you suppose that's what he was going for? Because I don't think he's especially cute. This angle should end with Tesha Price seizing his name.