DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Hey Hey, Hop Hop - 3/29/2021

Dolfan in NYC

2 hours ago, Super Ape said:

Counterpoint: if WCW won, they wouldn’t have kept a monopoly for long, because they would still be stuck in “territory mode,” allowing another company to rise up as a challenger.

Also; tell me that 2000 WCW is any worse than 2020-1 WWE. I dare you.

5293c-16110709406055-800.jpg

• Like 3

Why are we talking about 2000 WCW, when 2001 WCW wasn't THAT bad? It was at least a huge leap in quality compared to the previous years, and if they had gotten rid of the dead weight old timers etc. and focused on the younger guys like the rumor was, then it wouldn't have been too terrible.

Also I won't have any slandering of Jeff Jarrett - was he a believable main eventer? No, not really. Upper midcard, though? Yeah, that's the stuff.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Casey said:

Why are we talking about 2000 WCW, when 2001 WCW wasn't THAT bad? It was at least a huge leap in quality compared to the previous years, and if they had gotten rid of the dead weight old timers etc. and focused on the younger guys like the rumor was, then it wouldn't have been too terrible.

Also I won't have any slandering of Jeff Jarrett - was he a believable main eventer? No, not really. Upper midcard, though? Yeah, that's the stuff.

Thou speaketh thee truth!

What the last ever WCW PPV? Is it Sin or Greed? Either way, it's really good or decent stuff!

Edited by Shartnado
Last WCW ppv was...

The people I see on Twitter saying WCW should have won are usually young enough that they’re saying that in hindsight, and not old enough to have say through that shit in real time.

They did the whole “kick a person out so they can interfere” with Big Boss Man and the Corporation, so I don’t think it will be too convoluted to have Cedric and Shelton interfere in the match and then rejoin Hurt Business the next night.

Raw ratings down from last week.

H1: 1,733
H2: 1,697
H3: 1,673

Number 1,2,3 ranked cable slots.

Probably could expect WWE to reboot Raw after Wrestlemania, only really need to gain upward of 2.0 viewership in this day and age of niche Pro-wrestling.

This has got to be the worst build to a wrestlemania ever. Smackdown is tollerable, but raw was down right unwatchable at times on Monday.

Breaking up THB is one of the dumbest things Vince has done in ages. I like Drew, but we don't need him to win back the title just because we have to have that  wrestlemaina moment. 

It's just sad it's like this. It could be so much better. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Phantom Lord said:

This has got to be the worst build to a wrestlemania ever. Smackdown is tollerable, but raw was down right unwatchable at times on Monday.

Breaking up THB is one of the dumbest things Vince has done in ages. I like Drew, but we don't need him to win back the title just because we have to have that  wrestlemaina moment. 

It's just sad it's like this. It could be so much better. 

So frustrating. Such a talented roster trying to overcome shit booking.

I wish I could understand Vince's antipathy towards tag teams and stables/factions. THB was maybe one of the most over stables in a long time, they were the best thing on Raw for that whole shitty Underground period until now, and they're just totally dropped. It's a miracle that the Shield lasted as long as they did.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Waitaminute. I missed Lashley having a bounty out on Drew. He MUST do the Harley promo, only yelling "FIEND!" instead of Kabuki. MVP: "SOMEBODY TAKE THE DAMN MONEY!"

Is Lashley even offering cash? I think he's just offering a Mania title shot to whoever takes out Drew.

If you browse the custom titles thing in WWE 2K19 or 20 there are literally hundreds of better designs for a US Title belt. Even a simple one for that with blue behind the stars makes it pop more.

Riddle has become RVD for them. I mean they probably are going to do a skit together at Wrestlemania. The Dude's and Bro's write themselves. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Craig H said:

I wish I could understand Vince's antipathy towards tag teams and stables/factions.

"Why do you need help doing something, pal? I've done everything by myself and everyone else should be able to too! Pull yourself up by your bootstraps, dammit!" 

(not to get political but yeah to get political his viewpoint is the Capitalist "American Exceptionalism" narrative to its core)

The only possible good thing that could happen from Hurt Business exploding would be for it to be a swerve and they cost Drew his shot.

Edited by Curt McGirt

When Cedric and Shelton lost to Drew, did they specifically say that "members of the Hurt Business are barred from ringside" for the title match? Because if that's the case, they def may be trying the Boss Man "swerve".

8 hours ago, Phantom Lord said:

Riddle has become RVD for them. I mean they probably are going to do a skit together at Wrestlemania. The Dude's and Bro's write themselves. 

Ermagerd, I hadn't considered this. Oh no. Oh no no no no no. This is going to happen, book it.

• Like 1

Apparently it was a pre-tape, he forgot his lines legit, but Vince and Bruce howled with laughter that he forgot his lines and put it in the show because it was such good shit.

• Haha 1