DVDVR Message Board

NXT on USA - 3/24/2021

Dolfan in NYC

58 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Technically Cole/Kyle had their confrontation already via some sketchy social media video and Regal has promised to "address the situation"

They should have Kyle show up on UUDD and cost Cole winning Uno that week. 

Cool to see Mercedes with the Robert Stone brand again even if it was as a last minute substitution. Always liked their dynamic. Shotzi remains my favorite part of NXT.

Raquel has to win the title at this point.

Raquel/Kai vs. Io/Zoey was nice. Raquel looked great at the end with all of the one armed powerbombs she threw.

WALTER/Drake was so damn short. I was hoping it would be a bit more drawn out, but I kind of like how easily WALTER put him down. Nice to see the match with Ciampa being official. With Drake & Ciampa's partners both being out under questionable circumstances I do wonder which one ends up joining Imperium after showing they beat the shit out of the one that didn't.

Could only pay so much attention to Knight/Reed. I like Reed, but they need to admit at someone point he just isn't a star and likely won't be. There was no reason for him to win this. Hell, I don't think he should have beaten Swerve last month either.

Grimes trying to buy the intellectual property of Undisputed Era was fun.

Shotzi/Ember vs. Mercedes/Aliyah was solid. Was nice seeing Mercedes with the Robert Stone Brand again however temporary. I do kind of dig the idea of Mercedes being a merc. I'm surprised the tease Way vs. Shotzi/Ember match isn't happening at Takeover. At the same time as much as I like Indi as character I do still find her wrestling lacking so maybe its for the best.

Didn't both with Devlin/Kushida or the Cloe/O'Reilly segment at the end.

Well now we know why Takeover is a 2 day show with Cole vs O'Reilly.   If they did the regular takeover would have to be 4 hours long to fit the never ending fight.   And this isn't a knock on the match itself.   The problem is that NXT has to make it this over dramatic masterpiece.   Hell all you need to do is replay the Ring of Honor matches that at max went 30 minutes

I know this isn't really a big deal but for fuck sake if you are going him LA Knight don't tell people that he is from Hagerstown, MD.   I mean it isn't like being from Dundalk but still funny

Edited by hammerva

1 hour ago, hammerva said:

Hell all you need to do is replay the Ring of Honor matches that at max went 30 minutes

If they have a hate-filled match like the one they had at Hammerstein then I'll be a happy camper.  Granted the blood really made it which I don't think can happen now.  But the intensity throughout was pretty great.

34 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I know nothing is coming of it but if Regal has one more match and its against Cole and not Pete Dunne....

Yeah, I'd be pissed. William Regal went out on a brilliant match vs. Antonio Cesaro on NXT TV, 25th December 2013.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Eivion said:

Could only pay so much attention to Knight/Reed. I like Reed, but they need to admit at someone point he just isn't a star and likely won't be. There was no reason for him to win this. Hell, I don't think he should have beaten Swerve last month either.

Definitely agree with this. He's a fine midcard act that needs to win enough to stay strong, but Knight clearly has more potential even if he's more of a NA title guy. Swerve is the biggest casualty of NXT having too much talent.

First Women's tag finish was good. I'd be ok with a Raquel squash at Takeover.

Cole/KoR promo was so weak. Lamest blood feud in some time, and poor Roddy just relegated to battle royal status in the crossfire.

Walter is the best thing in pro wrestling today. I like Kross, but if Finn disposed of him then dropped to Walter who then holds the belt for a year plus, that would be ideal.

I'm getting the feeling Night 2 might be tough to watch. A Gargano match, a ladder match, an Adam Cole unsanctioned match, and a title match all on one show. No way that won't be overkill city since it's supposed to be the start of Mania weekend.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Go2Sleep said:

I'm getting the feeling Night 2 might be tough to watch. A Gargano match, a ladder match, an Adam Cole unsanctioned match, and a title match all on one show. No way that won't be overkill city since it's supposed to be the start of Mania weekend.

And it's on the Network rather than TV, so the time limits are going to be flexible.

3 hours ago, Go2Sleep said:

Swerve is the biggest casualty of NXT having too much talent.

I'm kind of shocked how wasted Swerve has been. Hi first appearance in the Breakout tournament was only so-so, but he went on just a few weeks later to have a damn good match with Gulak that actually got the attention of the main roster audience who had no idea who the fuck Swerve was. He should have been in contention for the NXT Title by now.

4 hours ago, Go2Sleep said:

Walter is the best thing in pro wrestling today. I like Kross, but if Finn disposed of him then dropped to Walter who then holds the belt for a year plus, that would be ideal.

It won't but this is exactly what I want to happen. Walter should take both belts in a champions collide match and reign all of NXT for a year, in the states and UK.