DVDVR Message Board

The Unlikeable Force vs. The Irritating Object - SDL - 3/19/2021

Dolfan in NYC

I've enjoyed all the Kevin Owens vs. Sami Zayn matches I've seen. However I'd rather see them team up for a time and win the WWE Smackdown Live Tag Team Championship to go with the Tag Team Titles won in PWG and ROH.

Edited by The Natural

Sasha/Nia was pretty nice while it lasted. Presumably they are setting up Nia and Shayna breaking up with how things played out.

Bianca/Shayna was just a segment sowing further dissension between the teams and giving Nattie and Tamina a chance to shine via beatdowns. While I do think Nattie and Tamina have looked decent the past month or so it feels like bs how they are gettign pushed and focused on while Bayley, Riott Squas, & Billie Kay do jack and shit.

Mysterios vs. Profits was solid enough, Mysterios vs. Alpha Academy was nice as well. Definitely seem to be setting a multiteam match for Wrestlemania.

That Helluvakick to Owens was brutal. I'm kind of down for unhinged Sami vs. face Owens though I would have preferred them teaming.

Seeing E be so serious and then having Apollo talk about being royalty in that accent just feels so off. It was nice to se E finally get his hands on Apollo afterward.

• Like 1

• Dolfan in NYC changed the title to The Unlikeable Force vs. The Irritating Object - SDL - 3/19/2021

Okay, this will be out of order because I'm watching YouTube clips and can only ever guess at their actual timeline of events.

Why is there a potential Jax/Baszler breakup being teased in the midst of an obvious Belair/Banks split and Wrestlemania feud? It's pretty dang obvious one of the two teams is going to break up at Fastlane so why complicate matters? 

Hulk Hogan broke kayfabe! BOOOOOOOO. You're from Venice Beach BROTHER, not Tampa. Titus came with the same spirit in his announcement promo. I'd love to hear Titus ask Hogan how his daughter's doing when they see each other. Forgetting all that goofery, why does Wrestlemania have a host? It's been going on for over a decade now and is usually so unobtrusive that you don't think about it except when Rock did it. The Rock and Kim Kardashian are the only ones I can think of who actually had relevance outside of wrestling. Actually, has every Wrestlemania had a guest host since 2008? What a weird gimmick. Vince loves doing shit no one will remember a month, let alone a year later.

Cesaro/Nakamura/Rollins at Wrestlemania? If they cram all the strong style, indyriffic flips and kicks, and insane moves which get a two count into this match the the rest of the card will be great on the given night the match would take place.

Big E beatdown, okay. 

Sami Zayn's character is so new and different to wrestling that it's jarring when he's talking to Kevin Owens. Sami's match against Corbin is called "the least anticipated match in Smackdown history." I'm sure there was some Gymini/Tensai+Kenzo match that had a greater nega-pop before. So they bury Sami then put over how he really did get over with someone "mainstream." At least Sami is great at playing whatever role they give him whether it be cowardly or heroic. CORBIN WON?? Fucking hell.

I LOVE Roman laughing at the idea he'll get tapped out. Broken record but lord is he good right now. Obviously Bryan's mic work was incredible. Weird though how you hear "I hope you don't die" in a WWE promo. There's no way anyone looks forward to any match at Fastlane more than Reigns/Bryan. I'm already predicting a minimum **** masterpiece. Now that I've said this. there will be some stupid fucking finish with gimmicks that ruins it all. Nothing prevents these two from going out and having an amazing PPV match worthy of discussion among the greats but I can't trust WWE to not fuck around. Maybe Paul Heyman gets buried in cement.

Edge's gear is ratchet. Too bright, too contemporary. Blue's cool but he looks like a fifty year old cosplaying as AJ Styles. I know Edge's moveset on WWF Attitude included the hurricanrana but I don't think it came up after early 1999. This was good though, even if I HATE THE SPEAR BEING USED BY PEOPLE WHO CAN'T DO IT

Steenerico has a history of producing great tag-team matches or great feuds between the two.   I'm looking forward to a renewal of hostility.

Edited by J.T.

Forgot to mention I thought Edge/Jey was good. Kind of love how Jey focused on the ribs and Edge sells better than most of the regular roster does. Still I just can't find myself excited for Edge matches in 2021 even when I think they are good.

1 hour ago, Sex Machine Gun said:

Edge's gear is ratchet. Too bright, too contemporary. Blue's cool but he looks like a fifty year old cosplaying as AJ Styles. 

I assume he was cosplaying as a University of North Carolina Tarheels fan.  Edge and Beth reside in North Carolina, last I heard.  Maybe a shout-out to UNC's basketball team, which had a tournament game yesterday (didn't help, they lost by 20+).