DVDVR Message Board

The Coolest Names For Wrestling Moves/Holds

DEAN

On 3/19/2021 at 9:33 PM, Curt McGirt said:

We should do like Bill Mercer and call it the SLEEP HOLD instead.

Or if we're feeling lazy we could channel Big Jim Hess and call everything a WHOMP YER HEAD OFF HOLD. 

1 minute ago, Technico Support said:

Regal had a move (The Knee Trembler) named after "a casual outdoor sexual encounter (commonly with a prostitute), usually in an alleyway or against a wall, with the man standing and the woman's knees raised."

I'm not sure that can be beat.

aOE=&risl=&pid=ImgRaw

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On the "bad translation of NJPW2 for Playstation" front, we were somehow convinced that El Samurai's submision, where he transitions a Russian Legsweep into an armbar with his leg over the head, was called the "three limb breaker."  Honestly, no earthly idea where that came from.

On 3/22/2021 at 3:20 PM, Technico Support said:

Regal had a move (The Knee Trembler) named after "a casual outdoor sexual encounter (commonly with a prostitute), usually in an alleyway or against a wall, with the man standing and the woman's knees raised."

I'm not sure that can be beat.

I did hear before that the move  had a more "scandalous" meaning and from the name I figured it must have been referencing an orgasm. But now I'm more educated about the ways of the world. Thank you for that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1