DVDVR Message Board

UFC Fight Night on ESPN 21: Brunson vs. Holland (3/20/2021) - Las Vegas, NV (UFC APEX)

Elsalvajeloco

Best example I can think of a fighter making weight in a weight class he should not be in, depleted himself in the process and got starched in 30 seconds, TJ Dillashaw vs. Henry Cejudo for Cejudo's UFC Flyweight Championship. The fight would have big ramifications as Dillashaw had to vacate his UFC Bantamweight Championship as he pissed hot for EPO.

Edited by The Natural

4 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

I hope Julia Avila is going to be OK. Weight cutting is very dangerous and fighters have died cutting weight. 

Uh, Julia Avila is going to be fine. It's the other fighter.

1 minute ago, The Natural said:

Cursed card. UFC 200 was a big one. There's been others.

Oh, this isn't nowhere near any of the cards that's happened over the last few weeks.

• Like 1

So were they giving Cheyanne Buys a big hype job before the show because she's good looking, or is she usually a really good fighter (but given a really bad stylistic match up)?

Just now, AxB said:

So were they giving Cheyanne Buys a big hype job before the show because she's good looking, or is she usually a really good fighter (but given a really bad stylistic match up)?

More of the latter. She went from a tough opponent but a more favorable matchup to an even tougher opponent.

She's also a Fortis MMA fighter, and they love Fortis MMA fighters.

• Thanks 1

It would be different if he was in against just some dude like Tuivasa was earlier. However, Brunson was definitely his toughest opponent to date. This was kinda a bad time to shit the bed and have a borderline bizarre showing.

I clearly heard him tell Brunson in the 1st Round on the ground Be a Man & Stand up with me then Brunson punched him. 

The sound on the Yanez shot was nasty. 

Buys vs. Ruiz reminded me of the PWG match where Claudio had Danielson in a head lock for 10 mins & Bryan tried every way he could think of to get out of it. 

6 minutes ago, Hail Sabin said:

I clearly heard him tell Brunson in the 1st Round on the ground Be a Man & Stand up with me then Brunson punched him. 

The sound on the Yanez shot was nasty. 

Buys vs. Ruiz reminded me of the PWG match where Claudio had Danielson in a head lock for 10 mins & Bryan tried every way he could think of to get out of it. 

Cornejo was a hell of a heel afterwards doing her Seo Hee Ham tribute celebration dance out of the octagon along with a little bird flipping before that.

I feel like if you had 15 minutes to fight and you didn't do a whole bunch, it's kinda pointless to try to pick a fight AFTERWARDS. You got side headlocked for like 9 out of 15 minutes. I understand you're kinda frustrated and your opponent did something a little dickish, but at the same time, the fight is over. You missed your opportunity to whoop her ass. 

• Like 1