DVDVR Message Board

UFC Fight Night 32: Belfort vs. Henderson II (11/9/2013) - Goiânia, Goiás, Brazil (Goiânia Arena)

Elsalvajeloco

TRT Belfort is terrible for the sport.  He couldn't look more on the juice if he was Vince McMahon. With his history of steroid abuse, he shouldn't be given a pass to essentially cheat again.  And even if he's afforded no new advantages because of the TRT, the perception is that he gained his new physique and his punching power and his quickness from the TRT. 

Can't wait to watch him lose.

• Like 1

Fuck that. That is such a weak ass argument. Have you ever seen an mma fighter? They almost all without fail look completely jacked. And punching power and hand speed aren't things that Vitor slowly developed through years of steroids, they're things that he began with in the sport.

Fuck that. That is such a weak ass argument. Have you ever seen an mma fighter? They almost all without fail look completely jacked. And punching power and hand speed aren't things that Vitor slowly developed through years of steroids, they're things that he began with in the sport.

...right, because it's common for punching power and speed to not wane at all over a 15+ year span.  And the fact that Vitor's resurgence correlates directly with his use of testosterone, the base chemical for anabolic steroids, that's just a coincidence.Vitor apologists have the most piss poor arguments, I swear.

I think people are accrediting TRT a little too much for guys' performances. There have been more guys who have looked shitty on TRT than gained an advantage. One guy with great success (Belfort), three guys with mixed success (Hendo, Sonnen, and Marquardt), and five guys it has done nothing for (Lavar Johnson, Rampage, Roller, Duffee, Mir). Rothwell got suspended for going over the allowed limit. If Vitor is killing guys because of it, someone needs to explain what these other guys are doing wrong. I am not saying there isn't any type of advantage there, but this stuff doesn't completely take wear-and-tear off your body. And Belfort has been in there with the best of them and been in some hard fights like all these other guys.

I think people are accrediting TRT a little too much for guys' performances. There have been more guys who have looked shitty on TRT than gained an advantage. One guy with great success (Belfort), three guys with mixed success (Hendo, Sonnen, and Marquardt), and five guys it has done nothing for (Lavar Johnson, Rampage, Roller, Duffee, Mir). Rothwell got suspended for going over the allowed limit. If Vitor is killing guys because of it, someone needs to explain what these other guys are doing wrong. I am not saying there isn't any type of advantage there, but this stuff doesn't completely take wear-and-tear off your body. And Belfort has been in there with the best of them and been in some hard fights like all these other guys.

But how many of those guys have had such a body change after TRT?  Only Belfort. Regardless of the actual effect, there is the appearance of impropriety.  That's bad for the sport.

But how many of those guys have had such a body change after TRT?  Only Belfort. Regardless of the actual effect, there is the appearance of impropriety.  That's bad for the sport.

To quote Freddie Roach, "muscles don't mean shit."

...right, because it's common for punching power and speed to not wane at all over a 15+ year span. And the fact that Vitor's resurgence correlates directly with his use of testosterone, the base chemical for anabolic steroids, that's just a coincidence.Vitor apologists have the most piss poor arguments, I swear.
You really have no clue what the hell you're looking at when you watch these fights do you?