DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 3/17/2021

Dolfan in NYC

Spears is closer to Mongo than Roma. Roma was capable of having good matches. He just made zero sense being a Horseman. Shit, I would argue Roma being a Horseman made as much sense as Malenko. And I love Dean Malenko.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Spears is closer to Mongo than Roma. Roma was capable of having good matches. He just made zero sense being a Horseman. Shit, I would argue Roma being a Horseman made as much sense as Malenko. And I love Dean Malenko.

Man, I forgot all about Mongo, Malenko, and Voldemort

• Like 1

Jesus Christ, the main event I think is the best non-Joshi women's match I've seen or second only to Sasha/Bayley from Brooklyn. Incredible emotion, violence, pacing, facial reactions, and everything made sense. It didn't have the deepest of psychology but both personalities shone through everything and both women should be made stars moving forward. Belt one of them (Britt) next fucking week. 

Everything else on the show was good but man oh man. Like that Mox/Kingston match with the Good Bros was great, perfect old school match and a really good angle afterwards. Maybe my favourite good bros match I've seen. But there's only one thing that mattered tonight. ALL THE RESPECT TO THOSE TWO WOMEN. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Ewu0yN4W8AEa732?format=jpg&name=large

Those eyes!

She looked like she was straight outta a German expressionist film. Cabinet of Thunder Rosa. 

All time facial reactions in this one. Incredible. 

Edited by Jiji
  • Like 10

10 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Man, I forgot all about Mongo, Malenko, and Voldemort

You can argue CB was suppose to new Tully cause for whatever reason they let him get A LOT of mic time. I have no idea why Malenko was there other than they needed another guy. However, Flair, Arn, Mongo, and CB was already four. I guess they already knew Arn was about to transition away from the ring and be the new JJ.  

I would say Spears is Jeff Jarrett. Jarrett had matches on TV almost every week until he left for WWF again. He had very few good matches at that time. And out of all the folks who could be an unofficial Horseman, you would think the guy who grew up in the business under one of the most famous promoters and greatest minds in wrestling would be a perfect fit. In that ring attire and still doing the Double J shit, he just looked like another jackass mid 90s heel. He just drug the act down for me.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

I don't even REMEMBER Jarrett being a member. They might have even erased him off the Horsemen DVD. 

Still though... calling somebody the Jeff Jarrett of a group is super damning. Spears doesn't even deserve that. I think. 

He was a Horseman, but at the same time, not a Horseman. He came in when the NWO was underway so I guess it wasn't a priority to clarify if he was actually a member or not. 

Wasn't Jarrett begging to be let in as a member for a while and they eventually relented as kind of a "well this promotion is doomed anyways, so why not"?

Another thing I liked about the main event so much was how it escalated. The pile of chairs got pulled out and I thought, ok a few chair bumps are in order. Then the ladder, then the thumbtacks, then the increasingly brutal moves into all the plunder. Nothing came off as getting your shit in for the sake of it.

• Like 4

Dr. Britt and Thunder Rosa beat the hell out of each other!   That was an awesome fight.  That's exactly what it was too..  a fight.   Women's wrestling across the board is wiping the floor with the men right now.  

Loved Jade's squash match too.  Those three are who they need to build around.  All future stars in the biz. 

• Like 1