DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLEMANIA XXXVII - 4/10-11/2021

Dolfan in NYC

2 hours ago, hammerva said:

Frankly given how the fans have been desperate for live WWE wrestling I can't imagine anything getting completely shit on except Bray vs Orton. 

I think Alexa will be super over for about two weeks of live crowds, because 1) they've never had a chance to react to her in this incarnation and 2) she's been more protected than anyone on the roster in years.

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Okay - I figured it out

The build for the Battleground 2016 match was that they (Sami and KO) needed to have one more match to end the rivalry so they could both move on with their careers. Sami especially was pushing the "one last time" part. And while they certainly wrestled the match like it was their last one, it wasn't an official stipulation.

Here is the promo video which lays it all out

Kevin Steen also had a final battle match with that El Generico bloke in ROH, before facing him again afterwards, so one of the guys in this match has form for thinking last ever doesn't actually mean last ever.

On 3/23/2021 at 12:50 PM, Niners Fan in CT said:

They should just have Bayley face Charlotte. They aren't in a program and they are both stars.  They don't need a belt for the feud.. 

and anything else available is beneath them both.

Unt

16 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Logan Paul will be involved in the KO/Sami match "in some form" (possible special ref but still unknown)

Until I googled him, I was fairly sure that Logan Paul played the drug addict on Breaking Bad (that's Aaron Paul).

Still don't know who Logan Paul is, but he's apparently some sort of Youtuber/internet celebrity.  i stopped reading at that point. 

Edited by Eoae
  • Like 2

I don't care about Logan but I have a big issue with something he did a year or two ago.  He went to Japan and while at a suicide forest (forgot the name they called it) he filmed somebody that hung himself.  People flipped the fuck out and Youtube had him take that down but since then I haven't heard about how he's tried to clean up his image.  I'm hoping he did but that's something that'd darn near unforgivable in my book.  I know he's done boxing but Elsa can provide more information on that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I don't care about Logan but I have a big issue with something he did a year or two ago.  He went to Japan and while at a suicide forest (forgot the name they called it) he filmed somebody that hung himself.  People flipped the fuck out and Youtube had him take that down but since then I haven't heard about how he's tried to clean up his image.  I'm hoping he did but that's something that'd darn near unforgivable in my book.  I know he's done boxing but Elsa can provide more information on that.

Yeah, that was unacceptable and offensive. Fuck Logan Paul.

• Like 2

Logan Paul's involvement will be worthwhile for me personally if Owens gets to powerbomb him through a table or something. Actually, that'd make up for him not getting to do the pirate ship stunt (as I would be fairly certain that'll be Shane's spot). 

12 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Logan is the least bad of a the Paul brothers. He actually matured. He goes on BLM marches now (unlike his brother, who attends riots to steal things). Logan is the one who is 0-1-1 in Boxing, having drawn with and then lost to British YouTuber KSI, and also is supposed to fight Mayweather soon (no, really). Jake Paul, the racist idiot brother, is 4-0 in Boxing and is fighting Ben Askren in a couple of weeks.

• Thanks 1

Well clearly they like the idea so much for Takeover that they are doing it for Mania too

Day 1 - Women's Tag Team Eliminator Match (Teams TBD)

Day 2 - Shayna/Nia vs. Winner of Eliminator Match - WWE Women's Tag Team Championship match

I know I'm going to regret putting the dates on the card.  

But 14 matches (with the 15th all but announced)...  that seems like plenty.  

Though I'm guessing we're still getting some form of a men's battle royal.  Maybe a women's one too?