DVDVR Message Board

SDL 3/12/2021: KO, Big E, and DB All Doin' Things

Sex Machine Gun

Got a KO Show tonight with Bianca/Sasha as guests. 

Big E is billed as making a return of some sort. 

And of course, because this is just fucking lazy protocol now, a CONTRACT SIGNING~ with Reigns and Bryan. I'm sure a lot will be added to the story this way. How is Smackdown fairly good each week yet feels meaningless at the same time?

EDIT: Don't know how to paste Twitter stuff here without an account of my own, but look up someone putting Rikishi's heel music over a current Reigns entrance!

Edited by Sex Machine Gun

Thought Big E's promo was pretty damn dope. D-Bry and Edge brought the store brand "good shit" too. 

The women. outside of Carmella and Bianca, just are not very interesting. Why the fuck was Nia in three different segments while Billie Kay and The Riott Squad were MIA? Fuck that. I didn't see Bayley, either. Add her to the "interesting" list.

Man, they have just irreparably fucked Otis. I understand that he lacks the height and overall look to be "top guy," but they could've at least done some fun and interesting shit with him. He has a quality that makes me want to pay money to see him engage in jovial horseshit, but all that's gone. Now they've got him teaming with the dude that tried to ruin his life. Also, Montez Ford is dripping with "STAR." Will be interesting to see how Vince, Bruce and now Johnny Ace fuck that up.

Fuck Seth Rollins. That suit was swank, though. Buddy Murphy deserves better. 

44 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

How the fuck does Kevin Dunn not know how to film slow motion? He slows down the uptick to an impact and then speeds up DURING the impact. THAT'S NOT HOW IT IS SUPPOSED TO FUCKING WORK. YOU FILM THE IMPACT IN SLOW MOTION. Gahhhh...

He has no excuse. It's not like he just discovered the technology.

Spoiler

tenor.gif

• Haha 2

Shayna being made to sit in a Gap against her will was pretty good. I have no clue about the storyline because I both watch on mute and barely watch when it's on but that was funny. 

I was also amused by thinking of Big E having to hold in his laughter at Crews' accent while he was yelling at him.

Enjoyed the 8-man tag though it does still annoy me to see heel Otis. Its just wrong.

Big E's promo was good and I enjoyed the match with Sami. I'm ok with Crews's current direction outside of that accent. it just feels too ridiculous when he has never spoken in it before. 

The Reginald/women's tag scene stuff still annoys me though it does finally feel liek Sasha and Bianca are building up some heat for their mania match.

Bryan was good whenever he talked. Edge was solid, but I'm just kind of checked out on him.

3 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

How the fuck does Kevin Dunn not know how to film slow motion? He slows down the uptick to an impact and then speeds up DURING the impact. THAT'S NOT HOW IT IS SUPPOSED TO FUCKING WORK. YOU FILM THE IMPACT IN SLOW MOTION. Gahhhh...

I actually understand the thinking behind this. It's kind of old school wrestling in that you slow down the uptick and speed up the impact so people don't notice that it's not actually hitting.  It probably goes back to stuff like superkicks and the like where they look good at high speed, but when you slow them down they're actually not connecting as close as they look and it makes it look worse.

BUT the big problem is that they decided to employ this strategy for EVERYTHING including stuff that actually looks good in slow motion (RKOs out of nowhere, double stomps...really any top rope moves). Realistically, it wouldn't take that long to make an inventory of moves that look good in slow-motion and moves that look bad in slow-motion and use it accordingly but that would require paying attention to the wrestlers and actually adjusting the show to the wrestlers, rather than making the wrestlers fit the show. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

i don't want a triple threat at Mania but i also am unsure if Edge can go 20 minutes with Roman.  

Edge went like 36 minutes with Orton at WM 36, 44 minutes with Orton at Backlash, and 58 minutes for RR. He can go 20 with Roman pretty easily. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

i don't want a triple threat at Mania but i also am unsure if Edge can go 20 minutes with Roman.  

Reginald segment clothes shopping with Nia and Shayna was funny to me but please we don't need any of that involved in the title scene.  

If they put Bryan in the title match I feel that it is so Roman doesn't eat a pinfall when losing title.  I would like to think Roman wins but again it is WWE

Seriously I know it was a tag and full of crap where the announcers don't care about match but who the fuck thought having Tamina pin Bianca was a good idea

Edge should goad Roman into making it a TLC match.

Then you can really sell Edge having a shot at winning as Roman hasn't been in a heap of ladder matches while Edge is an expert.

Otherwise the only tension in this match is on a meta level of "Will Vince want to send the fans home happy & reward a long time employee for making an incredible comeback?"

I wonder what it would be like to look at WWE purely through the lens of kayfabe these days...

• Like 2

14 hours ago, hammerva said:

Seriously I know it was a tag and full of crap where the announcers don't care about match but who the fuck thought having Tamina pin Bianca was a good idea

How did it take so long for this to come up? What a preposterous thing to do. NO ONE needs to be pinning Bianca a month out from Mania, let alone goddamn Tamina. WWE's "book babyface challengers to lose matches so it looks like they overcome the odds when they win later" booking for years now is one of the biggest reasons there's a dearth of real stars. If you're a loser, why are you getting a shot? If you beat the other person, they just lost to a loser. I'd call it a mobius strip but diminishing returns for the last five years especially are more of a spiral. 

• Like 3

On 3/14/2021 at 3:16 AM, L_W_P said:

Edge should goad Roman into making it a TLC match.

Then you can really sell Edge having a shot at winning as Roman hasn't been in a heap of ladder matches while Edge is an expert.

Otherwise the only tension in this match is on a meta level of "Will Vince want to send the fans home happy & reward a long time employee for making an incredible comeback?"

I wonder what it would be like to look at WWE purely through the lens of kayfabe these days...

Great shout. You've reminded me of Unforgiven 2006 as Edge picked the TLC match to defend his WWE Championship in vs. John Cena as Edge rightly said: "It's a match you've never been in and I've never lost."

• Like 1