DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 3/10/2021

Dolfan in NYC
Message added by Dolfan in NYC,

REMINDER - No mid-show commentary.  It's a DVDVR rule. 

So our new stories are:

• Bucks vs 2 sides of the equilateral triangle of muerte (not really new, but this was the start)
  • Cody vs Penta
  • Sting vs Archer (this is fucking scary)
  • Whose side is Christian on?!?
  • Darby vs Scorp
  • MJF's Ponymen vs Inner Circle

That all looks pretty sweet to me.

• Like 4

Here's the deal.  Mox and Eddie say the bomb didn't go off because Omega is garbage at building them and Callis couldn't afford the good shit.  

But from Callis and Omega POV they MEANT to not explode the ring to embarrass Mox and Eddie was embarrassed by putting his nose in it. 

You aren't supposed to believe Callis.  They are heels..  they'll say anything... 

• Like 4

Now let us never speak of the poof pyro again. Please. I'm begging them.

Kind of on the same tip, I really didn't dig Moxley being involved with anything at all tonight. Dude was fucking murdered even disregarding the letdown ending at Revolution. He might be made out of sturdier material than Darby Allin after being handcuffed, bludgeoned, and lacerated to pieces.

No audio issues on TSN either. Thought it was a great rebound show with a bunch of exciting matches on the horizon and they did their deal trying to recover from the shit ending on Sunday. Even as the ending angle was kicking into high gear I still wondered how long we'll have to put up with Shawn Spears, but we're going to get FTR vs. Santana & Ortiz, Jericho & Sammy (or Hager) vs. MJF & Wardlow, and probably a blood and guts match. Great stuff. Tully with more gang signs now. Wardlow is so fucking cool. I wish they'd have just done the Nash powerbomb on Bischoff type of deal where it's less obvious it's a crash pad, but still really good stuff. Fun call an ambulance but not for me pacing in the main event angle too. 

Christian vs. Omega (Yes!), Good Bros vs. Mox & Kingston, a six man tag hopefully. Ideal world: Penta breaks Cody's arm so the latter can go on a paternity leave. I doubt that happens though. 

I'm glad I was wrong and somebody else called the Sky/Dahby finish. Thank fuck. I'm down for a rematch as that was a really good match. Those two gel together well.

Rosa/Britt gets a big main event blowoff match next week. I like it.

Matt Hardy with BBB (Big Baller Brand!) and PP vs. Dark Order is going to be a lot of fun too. That mower bit was lovely.

11 minutes ago, Sex Machine Gun said:

Good gravy was that final segment a rollercoaster. While I enjoyed it they really need to stop trying to stuff more shit into a bag than will fit. You could have stretched all that out way more.

Glad I'm not the only one who spent too much time thinking about Chris Jericho's pants.

9 minutes ago, Death From Above said:

I missed the Moxley/Kingston segment, sadly, so maybe that just put me in an ultra salty mood.

Here ya go.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Jiji said:

No audio issues on TSN either. Thought it was a great rebound show with a bunch of exciting matches on the horizon and they did their deal trying to recover from the shit ending on Sunday. Even as the ending angle was kicking into high gear I still wondered how long we'll have to put up with Shawn Spears, but we're going to get FTR vs. Santana & Ortiz, Jericho & Sammy (or Hager) vs. MJF & Wardlow, and probably a blood and guts match. Great stuff. Tully with more gang signs now. Wardlow is so fucking cool. I wish they'd have just done the Nash powerbomb on Bischoff type of deal where it's less obvious it's a crash pad, but still really good stuff. Fun call an ambulance but not for me pacing in the main event angle too. 

Christian vs. Omega (Yes!), Good Bros vs. Mox & Kingston, a six man tag hopefully. Ideal world: Penta breaks Cody's arm so the latter can go on a paternity leave. I doubt that happens though. 

I'm glad I was wrong and somebody else called the Sky/Dahby finish. Thank fuck. I'm down for a rematch as that was a really good match. Those two gel together well.

Matt Hardy with BBB (Big Baller Brand!) and PP vs. Dark Order is going to be a lot of fun too. That mower bit was lovely.

You'd get a Road Warrior pop for the new dominant heel faction if they kicked Spears out the group in front of a live audience.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

This show was a good rebound after a lackluster PPV.

I'm fine with Pentagon/Cody as long as it leads to Pentagon breaking his arm. Put him over strong so Cody can go on paternity leave.

The women's tag was kind of all over the place at the beginning. With all the shit going on it took me a minute to even figure out who the teams were.

Moxley and Kingston's segment was fine and a perfectly decent way to close the door on the dud of a match. I'm not that interested in a Christian/Omega match but agree with the idea that Christian is going to turn heel on Moxley and Kingston.

I've liked Scorpio for a long time but he's kind of a charismatic vacuum. The match was the best on the show and the ending was the best possible outcome. Heel Scorpio stretching people (starting with SCU maybe?) is a good path for him to go down.

The Nightmare Family is a good example of the dead weight that can be cut. Or just let them do their angle on Dark so that it can be a show consisting of more than just squashes.

MJF putting together his own stable was a fantastic touch to a great ending segment. Spears sticks out like a sore thumb though.

1 minute ago, Jiji said:

Yeah, I'm with you on a lot of this, but I do feel like we're going to get Christian vs Moxley. Christian on interviews has talked too much about mixing it up with Moxley and missing an attack on Kenny plus Don saving Kenny all smells fishy to me.

And yeah, Penta gonna put Cody on the shelf.

Oh yeah, Matt and Fenix had a really good bubblegum fluff spotfest with a bit of Matt Jackson psychology baked in. I think I liked it more than the Nick/Fenix match from last year because that was pure cotton candy. 

2 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Maki Itoh's mic shots are worse than her singing. 

First of all, how dare you...

As far as covers go for for the end of Revolution, it all at least felt organic and I really liked the "I really wanted to see an explosion" " a lot of people did" deadpan from Mox and Kingston.  I know no way King is beating Kenny but hoping he at least backfists his head to the upper balconies in a tag match soon.  

Really liked Scorpio and Darby.  Feels like SCU hasn't really been a trio for a while and Sky really feels ready to take the next step.  I thought this was a pretty dope episode overall and that closing angle ruled.  Seems like Jericho has been ready for a face turn for a while and the new group are gonna be perfect foils for him, at least until Fozzy can start touring again.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, John from Cincinnati said:

God help me, get Page away from those people. 

If he weren't able to switch to modern SCSA I'd agree with you but he can be more than just a straight ahead boring dude. I love Mox's delivery and stuff but man, his character is kinda flat and boring to me while still being excellent if that makes sense? I'm glad Page isn't that. 

• Like 1

Is Christian that shitty of a babyface that he can't have at least one program as the hot debuting legend before turning heel? My friend was predicting a heel turn the second I recapped the angle for him. I get that he's a significantly better heel than face but man... Seems counterproductive/intuitive to turn him heel right away.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jiji said:

If he weren't able to switch to modern SCSA I'd agree with you but he can be more than just a straight ahead boring dude. I love Mox's delivery and stuff but man, his character is kinda flat and boring to me while still being excellent if that makes sense? I'm glad Page isn't that. 

Everyone in this company should try to be 10% more boring.

Except for Shawn Spears. He's carrying everyone else's weight. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

If you put Scorp and Spears in a team together, would their combined negative charisma cancel out and give them positive charisma...?

Anyway, here's hoping this turn for Scorp makes him something more than an excellent wrestler.

Just now, John from Cincinnati said:

Everyone in this company should try to be 10% more boring.

Except for Shawn Spears. He's carrying everyone else's weight. 

And yet he has 1001 gimmicks.

Edited by Jiji