DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 3/10/2021

Dolfan in NYC
Message added by Dolfan in NYC,

REMINDER - No mid-show commentary.  It's a DVDVR rule. 

This is fucking awful. The sound of the arena or... something else is overpowering everything. Why are they purposefully being bad?

Oh, it just cut out. Like a switch got flipped. The fuck is happening? At least I get to see Hangman on a zero turn lawnmower.

• Like 1

Those were piped in cheers and chants. I heard "DE-FENCE!" and maybe "TWOOO"? They sounded like something on a basketball soundboard, even if football makes more sense. Guess they ran a single ad while they fixed it.

Edited by John E. Dynamite

MJF sure isn't a nice guy, is he?  ? 

(Also, like I said above...  Those of you who have been on this board for more than the last few months know the rules.)  

• Like 3

This seemed like the worst Dynamite overall I can remember personally watching. I thought the last segment was money though.

I missed the start of the show unfortunately. The first hour that I saw was a mess for technical reasons so I hope the opening was good. The Sting segment was nothing. The Penta promo was fun.

Kenny Omega sucks ass. He has all the psychology of Davy Richards in the ring and his promos have all the subtlety of Shawn Michaels. Having Callis talk for him is honestly pretty smart. Fuck off trying to tell me this clown show is the best wrestler on the planet.

Ignoring the brawl to finish your song was good shit, but what the fuck were those mic shots from Itoh on Shida? Mizunami has the worst chops in wrestling. Rest of the 6 woman match was fine but kind of short for a 6. The finish was awesome. Thunder Rosa rules. I'm really looking forward to that Baker/Rosa main event next week.

Darby/Scorpio was the best match on the show and it wasn't like this was a masterpiece either. No lack of effort but, yeah.

The main event segment was by far the best thing on the show even with them trying to make Spears a thing again. MJF is fucking great.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Dolfan in NYC said:

MJF sure isn't a nice guy, is he?  ? 

(Also, like I said above...  Those of you who have been on this board for more than the last few months know the rules.)  

Well to be fair, and I know I was part of this, it was not about the content of the show but about the weird technical difficulties. I honestly wasn't sure if it was just YouTube TV like it was that one other time or if it was TNT in general. 

That said, I'm sure as fuck glad Flairs Shadow ain't here to revel in speculative bullshit! ?

Good gravy was that final segment a rollercoaster. While I enjoyed it they really need to stop trying to stuff more shit into a bag than will fit. You could have stretched all that out way more.

Darby Allin is, according to wrestling physics, made from adamantium.

Worst Dynamite? Man, I thought the opposite. I thought this was great. It setup new feuds and angles going forward, I was satisfied with the shit from Moxley and Kingston, I thought Kenny and Don's promo was good, I'm guessing Christian will eventually reveal himself to be on Kenny's side, Darby vs Scorp was good shit, and the closing angle was awesome. Only thing I didn't care for much was the 6 woman tag. Well, that and TNT fucking up the audio and overlaying NBA audio over AEW's.

• Like 4

Just now, Craig H said:

Worst Dynamite? Man, I thought the opposite. I thought this was great. It setup new feuds and angles going forward, I was satisfied with the shit from Moxley and Kingston, I thought Kenny and Don's promo was good, I'm guessing Christian will eventually reveal himself to be on Kenny's side, Darby vs Scorp was good shit, and the closing angle was awesome. Only thing I didn't care for much was the 6 woman tag. Well, that and TNT fucking up the audio and overlaying NBA audio over AEW's.

I missed the Moxley/Kingston segment, sadly, so maybe that just put me in an ultra salty mood.

2 minutes ago, Death From Above said:

I missed the Moxley/Kingston segment, sadly, so maybe that just put me in an ultra salty mood.

It was very good. Like someone said above, I could just watch those two bullshit and drink whiskey for about an hour. Kingston's explanation was practically stolen word for word from here. Kingston is such an awesome promo and him and Moxley are the team I've been waiting for.

• Like 4

Maki Itoh's mic shots are worse than her singing. 

Sky vs Darby was good. Heel turn was necessary. Best of luck to Scorpio Sky.

I'm actually kinda into QT vs Lee Johnson, which I didn't expect. Get me Dustin vs All Ego ASAP.

Eddie Kingston actually almost made that bullshit sing, and I think that was the stupidest route they could have gone. What a talent. Then Omega goes and credits him with not breaking character. What a useless dork.

These Sting segments are still terribly one-note. 

Line-up for next week's show looks fantastic. Much better than this week.

Final segment was great. MJF sitting on the turnbuckle was choice. Tully looked more motivated than normal. Wardlow lookin' real jacked, baby, why does he ever wear anything with sleeves? Spears should consider himself luckiest man alive for just happening to get in with Tully from day one. 

• Like 1

I didn't have a problem discussing a programming flaw. Wasn't giving away any anything besides that. But yeah I know. 

Otherwise didn't care for this one. The Eddie and Moxley promo was pretty good I guess. Thunder Rosa's finisher was nice. Hearing the squeak of basketball sneakers on a court over the actual audio kinda said it all though.

You got your War Games errr Blood and Guts main event btw

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Craig H said:

It was very good. Like someone said above, I could just watch those two bullshit and drink whiskey for about an hour. Kingston's explanation was practically stolen word for word from here. Kingston is such an awesome promo and him and Moxley are the team I've been waiting for.

I am sad that (for now) we won't get them threatening to kill each other, shit like Kingston "I have to phone my mom and explain why I have no grandkid to show her, because I'm trying to win at wrestling" but I will also take them as a team any day. Fuck yeah.