DVDVR Message Board

Impact "Sacrifice" (03/13/21)

Lineup for said show

• Moose vs. Rich Swann - Impact and TNA World Heavyweight titles
  • The Good Brothers (Doc Gallows and Karl Anderson) vs. FinJuice (David Finlay and Juice Robinson) - Impact World Tag Team titles
  • Deonna Purrazzo vs. ODB - Impact Knockouts title
  • Fire ‘N Flava (Kiera Hogan and Tasha Steelz) vs. Jordynne Grace and Jazz - Knockouts Tag Team titles
  • TJP vs. Ace Austin - X-Division title
  • Violent By Design (Joe Doering and Deaner) vs. James Storm and Chris Sabin
  • Eddie Edwards vs. Brian Myers in a 'hold harmless' match
  • Reno Scum vs. Decay (Black Taurus and Crazzy Steve)

Also note that the winner of Moose vs. Swann will face Kenny Omega at the Rebellion PPV in what supposedly is title unification match which is... something

19 minutes ago, Spontaneous said:

I saw Omega vs Swann/Moose is title vs title. Moose vs Swann is to "unify" the Impact title and TNA title Moose has carried around for months. 

Seems odd never the less.

It literally depends on who you read - some are saying it is just title vs title but there are others saying that it was announced as a "unification match"

I am gonna lean towards it being just a title vs title match

Yeah, it was not explained very well. Hopefully they can clarify it soon. I can't see them dropping their main title to AEW.

Does anyone remember when WWN tried to have a title that was defended like the NWA title between Evolve, FIP, Progess, etc? It didn't work, for a multitude of reasons. Can't see Impact and AEW sharing a world title. 

Either way this is going to make IMPACT like crap.  There is no way Kenny Omega is jobbing to either one of them.   At best we have to hope some AEW guy comes and causes him to lose.    Maybe IMPACT numbers have gone up in the last 2 months to justify it but given how they have been treated I am not sure how they have looked good in this join.

Awesome main event. Dug the mid-air cutter from Swann and then Moose's backflip fallaway off the top was amazing. Look forward to Swann/Omega. Confused by the Rhino turn, seemingly blowing up everything they had set up for the future with Rhino & Heath as a team. Knockouts tag was solid work from both teams. Good match and victory for Ace Austin. Deonna looked great in her match as usual. Really enjoyed the tag title match, didn't expect a title change but a very good finishing stretch. Pretty good show overall

Full results:

Spoiler

Impact Wrestling "Sacrifice" - March 13, 2021

*Decay (Crazzy Steve & Black Taurus w/ Rosemary) def. Reno Scum (Adam Thornstowe & Luster the Legend) (7:40) when Taurus pinned Thornstowe with the Taurus Driver

*Tenille Dashwood & Kaleb Konley def. Havok & Nevaeh (7:13) when Tenille pinned Nevaeh with a rollup. 

*Violent by Design (Deaner & Joe Doering w/ Eric Young) def. Chris Sabin & James Storm (11:29) when Deaner pinned Sabin after Rhino returned and turned heel, hitting the Gore on Sabin and joining Violent by Design.

*Eddie Edwards def. Brian Myers (16:47) with a loaded kneepad Boston Knee Party in a No DQ match. During the match, Hernandez tried to interfere but was taken out by Matt Cardona. 

*Fire N Flava (Kiera Hogan & Tasha Steelz)(c) def. Jazz & Jordynne Grace (10:34) when Kiera pinned Grace with the swinging fisherman's neckbreaker to retain the knockouts tag team championships

*Ace Austin (w/ Madman Fulton) def. TJP(c) (12:16) after the Fold to WIN the X Division Championship.

*Deonna Purrazzo(c) def. ODB (8:33) via Venus de Milo submission to retain the knockouts championship.

*David Finlay & Juice Robinson def. The Good Brothers (Doc Gallows & Karl Anderson)(c) (14:40) after a doomsday device on Anderson to WIN the Impact tag team championships.

*Rich Swann(c) def. Moose(c) (20:20) with a crucifix into jackknife rollup to unify the Impact & TNA Worlds Championships. As a result, Swann will face AEW Champ Kenny Omega in a Title vs. Title match at Rebellion on April 24.

• Like 1

For me Moose vs Kenny is just a better match. Not that Swann vs Kenny is gonna be bad. 

I guess FinnJuice is in Impact for a bit with them winning the tag belts. 

Wish Jazz and Jordynne had won. Just so Jazz could have another title run before she retires.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, DreamBroken said:

Awesome main event. Dug the mid-air cutter from Swann and then Moose's backflip fallaway off the top was amazing. Look forward to Swann/Omega. Confused by the Rhino turn, seemingly blowing up everything they had set up for the future with Rhino & Heath as a team. Knockouts tag was solid work from both teams. Good match and victory for Ace Austin. Deonna looked great in her match as usual. Really enjoyed the tag title match, didn't expect a title change but a very good finishing stretch. Pretty good show overall

Full results:

Reveal hidden contents

Impact Wrestling "Sacrifice" - March 13, 2021

*Decay (Crazzy Steve & Black Taurus w/ Rosemary) def. Reno Scum (Adam Thornstowe & Luster the Legend) (7:40) when Taurus pinned Thornstowe with the Taurus Driver

*Tenille Dashwood & Kaleb Konley def. Havok & Nevaeh (7:13) when Tenille pinned Nevaeh with a rollup. 

*Violent by Design (Deaner & Joe Doering w/ Eric Young) def. Chris Sabin & James Storm (11:29) when Deaner pinned Sabin after Rhino returned and turned heel, hitting the Gore on Sabin and joining Violent by Design.

*Eddie Edwards def. Brian Myers (16:47) with a loaded kneepad Boston Knee Party in a No DQ match. During the match, Hernandez tried to interfere but was taken out by Matt Cardona. 

*Fire N Flava (Kiera Hogan & Tasha Steelz)(c) def. Jazz & Jordynne Grace (10:34) when Kiera pinned Grace with the swinging fisherman's neckbreaker to retain the knockouts tag team championships

*Ace Austin (w/ Madman Fulton) def. TJP(c) (12:16) after the Fold to WIN the X Division Championship.

*Deonna Purrazzo(c) def. ODB (8:33) via Venus de Milo submission to retain the knockouts championship.

*David Finlay & Juice Robinson def. The Good Brothers (Doc Gallows & Karl Anderson)(c) (14:40) after a doomsday device on Anderson to WIN the Impact tag team championships.

*Rich Swann(c) def. Moose(c) (20:20) with a crucifix into jackknife rollup to unify the Impact & TNA Worlds Championships. As a result, Swann will face AEW Champ Kenny Omega in a Title vs. Title match at Rebellion on April 24.

Given that Heath just had surgery to fix 3-4 issues, he may be out of action for quite a bit.

• Thanks 1

On 3/14/2021 at 7:09 AM, Archibald said:

Maybe Kenny win and they do Kenny/Moose with Moose "saving" Impact's title?

That's where I'm thinking this goes. What I would like to see happen: Kenny beats Swann, maybe with a bit of a fuck finish involving the Good Brothers. I mean, Kenny will win but do enough to not make Swann look like shit for losing while also making it clear that Kenny didn't need the interference to win; it was just done in service of being a dick. This could spin off GB vs Swann and Mack (is Mack still around? If so, are he and Swann teaming? If so, have him save Swann from a beatdown. If they were feuding, this could be his return/face turn). Moose declares that he is going to save TNA/Impact's honor. Have him chase Kenny. Moose is big enough that Kenny could play chickenshit heel and not sacrifice his aura. I'm sure the eventual title switch will have some kind of fuck finish but I hope it ends with Moose convincingly beating Omega. It's a simple storyline that writes itself. As long as noone gets too cute or wants to outsmart the fans, Impact has themselves a very solid few months of story set up. 

Enough fantasy booking. This was a solid show with some really good wrestling. It also had some piss-poor announcing. I hate Matt Striker's commentary. I wish I could organize a letter writing campaign to get him removed and replaced with almost anyone. If Hell exists, my own personal version is living with a constant running commentary track featuring Stiker and Mauro. D-Lo isn't bad but he's not good enough to save it.

Positivity. Moose/Swann was really good. I love that both guys entered the arena in serious mode. This felt like it had stakes because neither man came down smiling or dancing. Swann's bump off a backdrop early on was awesome. Moose's fall-away slam variation of a Spanish Fly was really impressive. TJP/Ace Austin was fun. I really dig Ace Austin and am hoping he gets some AEW screentime if there is ever any crossover between the two companies beyond the Good Brothers and Omega. Purazzo looked great.

Something I noticed about the Knockouts is that across that roster there are many body types. It's refreshing compared to WWE where most of the women are super thin, outside of a few. AEW's women's roster, outside of two or three exceptions, is the same way. Impact has some skinny women and multiple thicc girls. I appreciate it, both on an "It's cool to see that they value talent and representation over wanting skinny, tradtionally good looking women"  level and on a "Calm down, Razornetico" level.

I will admit, I skipped chunks of the show. Eddie Edwards, at this point where he's turned into a walking ECW tribute, doesn't do anything for me. 

• Like 1