DVDVR Message Board

Fastlane VI - 3/21/2021

Dolfan in NYC

For whatever reason I was really focused on how the referee literally disappeared at some point early on during Orton-Bliss.  Then for the finish it was kind of like an arm came in from offscreen and counted three, and then the referee was gone again.

Nia/Shayna vs. Sasha/Bianca was solid. The heat between Sasha and Bianca is there now though I still feel we didn't need them wrestling for the tag titles or involving Reginald to get to this point.

Only half paid attention to Seth/Nakamura. It was ok.

E/Apollo was nice while it lasted.

skipped Braun/Elias

I didn't bother with Orton/Alexis other than seeing the Fiend new horrible look.

Only half paid attention to Sheamus/Drew. Their last match on Raw seemed better form what I caught. It was hard to give a damn since I never had much interest in the feud despite liking the two.

Bryan/Roman was so damn good until the bs ending we all knew was coming. On the brighter side it does at least feel like we might get a triple threat at Wrestlemania. I like Edge, but he is just the least interesting part in all of this. I have little desire to see him wrestle, and it feels like he is interfering in an awesome Bryan/Roman feud that has been building for several months prior.

• Like 1

Low Ki was cool as the first RoH champ and beating up Special K. He also had lots of little mannerisms i enjoyed. That said.  Seeing Black Magic in 2021 was neat.

Also if you are gonna do shenanigans to end a main event go all out and use two phantom wins for both sides then throw it out as a no contest.  Damnit.

1 hour ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

Was Bray under the ring at Revolution???

And did Drew get a pass on the "no leg slaps" thing?

ezgif-com-gif-maker-8.gif

To be fair, Drew was pushing his upper leg to add extra momentum to the impact of the kick.

F4wonline.com:

The key main event for WrestleMania is now confirmed to be a three-way with Roman Reigns vs. Edge vs. Daniel Bryan for the Universal title.

Edge's apparent heel turn after laying both Reigns and Bryan out with chair sets, leading to Reigns' win at tonight’s WWE Fastlane event appeared to set up a change in the match even though they went off the air on the show pushing Reigns vs. Edge, which has been the announced match since last month’s Elimination Chamber.

It's since been confirmed that finish was done to set up a three-way that had been rumored for a week and interviews pushing Edge and Bryan as adversaries seemed to indicate them meeting down the line.

With only three weeks until WrestleMania, one would expect the official announcement to come sooner than later. At this point it's still not clear which matches on the show will air on which nights.

I don't know about Drew's homage to football fandom with that face paint, didn't look cool! He was probably referencing that Mel Gibson movie, you know The Passion of the Christ? Or was is it What Women Want? You know, since he's yelling about freedom and shit, it has to be What Women Want, right?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Shartnado said:

I don't know about Drew's homage to football fandom with that face paint, didn't look cool! He was probably referencing that Mel Gibson movie, you know The Passion of the Christ? Or was is it What Women Want? You know, since he's yelling about freedom and shit, it has to be What Women Want, right?

LOL. How about Lethal Weapon?

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Sammo~! said:

Jason Lives Bray is cool, but call me when we get to Jason Goes to Hell Bray and he's actually a demon worm that crawls into people's mouths to possess them.

Bray and Boogeyman for WWE Tag Team Champions!

First few matches didn't do much for me. 

The video package for McIntyre/Sheamus was the highlight of the show at that point. Great great package as we've come to expect from WWE. And the match was even better. Brilliant, stiff war between two guys who know each other well and are happy to lay it in. Both guys had bumps and bruises all over them. 

Bliss/Orton/Fiend was dumb but honestly not as dumb as I thought it'd be. Not sure what to make of the new look really. It's something.

As expected, the main event was fantastic. I loved their match 6 years ago and this one stands up well alongside it. Probably the most I've enjoyed a match in the thunderdome. Bryan is just a master and Reigns is fantastic in his own right now. Hell of a ref bump. The Edge "turn" was a bit clunky perhaps but it was fine. As long as we're getting Bryan added to the Mania match...

Edited by Tuna Boss