DVDVR Message Board

Fastlane VI - 3/21/2021

Dolfan in NYC

Next stop on the road to WrestleMania.  

The card (updated as they announce):

FOR THE WWE UNIVERSAL CHAMPIONSHIP* - Roman Reigns (c) vs. Daniel Bryan

FOR THE WWE WOMEN'S TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP - Nia Jax & Shayna Baszler vs. Bianca Bel Air & Sasha Banks

FOR THE INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP - Big E (c) vs. Apollo Crews

Sheamus vs. Drew McIntyre

Braun Strowman vs. Shane McMahon

Randy Orton vs. Alexa Bliss

Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Seth Rollins

--

* - Edge will serve as special enforcer

• Like 1

Can't wait for Roman Reigns vs. Daniel Bryan. The first match at Fastlane 2015 was terrific though it should have gone down as the WrestleMania XXXI main event and also at this year's WrestleMania XXXVII.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

On 3/8/2021 at 3:04 PM, The Natural said:

Can't wait for Roman Reigns vs. Daniel Bryan. The first match at Fastlane 2015 was terrific though it should have gone down as the WrestleMania XXXI main event and also at this year's WrestleMania XXXVII.

Enjoy everyone.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

The Shane vs Braun Fastlane match was removed from listings, so the match will be at WM instead. I expect some random match added for the pre show for Fastlane.

Edited by D.Z

They announced Shane/Braun again tonight.  They'll probably make it an angle and actually do the match at Mania.  Either way, yuck. 

Add Nak/Seth for Sunday also. 

Hopefully Roman Reigns vs. Daniel Bryan won't have too many shenanigans. I've wanted to see that rematch ever since the Fastlane 2015 match. The Elimination Chamber match between them was good with the hope spot of Bryan countering the Spear into the Yes Lock. Here we'll get a Daniel Bryan who hasn't gone through an Elimination Chamber match and facing Roman Reigns immediately after.

Only other matches I'm interested in are Drew McIntyre vs. Sheamus, you know they'll batter one another and Big E vs. Apollo Crews. I expect The Fiend will return, probably with a new look as the last we saw him, he, well a mannequin was set alight by one Randy Orton.

11 hours ago, The Natural said:

Hopefully Roman Reigns vs. Daniel Bryan won't have too many shenanigans. I've wanted to see that rematch ever since the Fastlane 2015 match. The Elimination Chamber match between them was good with the hope spot of Bryan countering the Spear into the Yes Lock. Here we'll get a Daniel Bryan who hasn't gone through an Elimination Chamber match and facing Roman Reigns immediately after.

Only other matches I'm interested in are Drew McIntyre vs. Sheamus, you know they'll batter one another and Big E vs. Apollo Crews. I expect The Fiend will return, probably with a new look as the last we saw him, he, well a mannequin was set alight by one Randy Orton.

Great match marred by said shenanigans. Hopefully it will lead to Roman Reigns vs. Daniel Bryan vs. Edge as I have little interest in Reigns vs. Edge. Least Bryan was protected making Roman Reigns tapout for the first time with no referee to call it.

Edited by The Natural

not a bad PPV considering Drew and Sheamus beat the hell out of each other and Roman/Bryan had a great match until the convoluted as hell finish...  

not a great way to get to the triple threat at WM and i hate triple threats but Bryan will see to it that it's a great match.  

Finally..   Sasha slapped the hell out of Bianca!  Hopefully that's the end of all the BS in their program. 

• Like 1

I enjoyed Sheamus-McIntrye but like I said on the discord, I felt the 3/1 match was better.

Reigns-Bryan was probably a better match but that dumb ending felt like a Smackdown ending.

The Fiend Lives! Great. Good. 

I tuned in for Rollins-Nakamura. It was ok.