DVDVR Message Board

SDL is The Real Apollo - 3/5/2021

Dolfan in NYC

2 minutes ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

Carmella spat in Reginald's face. Used him as a stepping stool. That ain't progressive.

She's a heel, she isn't doing it because of his race. If "Reginald" had blond hair and blue eyes, would what she did be a problem? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

As I understand it, Apollo and his family descend from the Tiv people, and spears are part of their specific culture.

Then props to Apollo if he's researched his ancestry and this gimmick is legit.

I won't nitpick about Tiv traditional garb favoring black and white.  I'm amazed they got the colors of the Nigerian flag correct.

Edited by J.T.

Just now, Infinit said:

She's a heel, she isn't doing it because of his race. If "Reginald" had blond hair and blue eyes, would what she did be a problem? 

1. Yes, it would still be a problem.

2. If anyone is complaining about the optics of Apollo embracing his culture, but missing why spitting and stepping on a black man looks bad, what's being said here?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Then props to Apollo if he's researched his ancestry and this gimmick is legit.

I won't nitpick about Tiv traditional garb favoring black and white.  I'm amazed they got the colors of the Nigerian flag correct.

Yeah. There is reason to be cautious about this. But for now, they seem to be doing OK.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, John from Cincinnati said:

The only sucky thing about spears and swords and axes and what have you is I'm not going to see anyone gimmick stabbed or slashed or chopped with the damn things. 

Edit: Probably.

Berserker tried to stab someone i believe, I remember the sword sticking into the ring. 

I skipped through the meat of the show to see the trainwreck and the main event. Leave it to Bryan to do something totally different with a cage match by deciding to forgo the escape rule and instead use the lack of rope breaks to work on and force a submission. He was also taking mean bumps and working offense outside of the ropes which I've never seen either. Jey definitely held up his end of the bargain, loved the Samoan drop from the top and the big splash. Nice work. 

5 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Berserker tried to stab someone i believe, I remember the sword sticking into the ring. 

They did do an angle where Berzerker tried to stab The Undertaker.

it led to absolutely nothing.