DVDVR Message Board

UFC 259: Błachowicz vs. Adesanya (3/6/2021) - Las Vegas, NV (UFC APEX)

Elsalvajeloco

From the moment that knee landed you knew what the end result was gonna be. Sucks, but what are you gonna do? They'll run it back as soon as they can. 

Edit : But those refs sure acted like idiots with their whisper talk and drawing things out. 

Edited by Setsuna

Sterling vs. Sandhagen II surely next after Sandhagen became the first man to put Edgar out cold with strikes in less than a minute. I don't think you can give Yan an immediate rematch for doing that even though he was winning the fight.

That's a mess of human actions and reactions right there.

DC's call of "chokeslam" kind of resonated with me. That's a move that the bump-ee is in, what, 80% control of? When Aljo was getting swept off his feet by Yan's Sambo/Muay Thai kick thangs, it looked like he was willingly jumping to his back. Not in a guard pull way. Aljo looked as psychologically out-of-sorts as I've seen anyone in a title fight in a long, long time - or - he got hurt early in a way he didn't admit to. But that knee was an absolute concussion shot. Man, who knows? Glad that was the co-co-main cause I guess I'm interested in the rematch. And I don't want to outright say Aljo was wrong for not continuing, but that fight was looking like a headcase self-imploding in their biggest fight ever.

Not judging in the slightest. The psychological pressure of a world title fight is as serious as anything in sports, and it's not like Yan acted, uh, composed. I hope both guys are hooked up with some world class sports psychologists and are allowed to chill until the rematch can happen.

Edited by John E. Dynamite
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, John E. Dynamite said:

That's a mess of human actions and reactions right there.

DC's call of "chokeslam" kind of resonated with me. That's a move that the bump-ee is in, what, 80% control of? When Aljo was getting swept off his feet by Yan's Sambo/Muay Thai kick thangs, it looked like he was willingly jumping to his back. Not in a guard pull way. Aljo looked as psychologically out-of-sorts as I've seen anyone in a title fight in a long, long time. But that knee was an absolute concussion shot. Man, who knows? Glad that was the co-main cause I guess I'm interested in the rematch. And I don't want to outright say Aljo was wrong for not continuing, but that fight was looking like a headcase self-imploding in their biggest fight ever.

Not judging in the slightest. The psychological pressure of a world title fight is as serious as anything in sports, and it's not like Yan acted, uh, composed. I hope both guys are hooked up with some world class sports psychologists and are allowed to chill until the rematch can happen.

There's no way you can blame him for not continuing. Zero. Even if he had wanted to, the ref's should have stepped in at that point. 

I'm with Jaedmc - the real loser here is Sandhagen. Sterling will probably be out 6 months then they will run the fight again.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, TheVileOne said:

Can you really excuse Yan's actions by saying his corner told him to do it? This isn't his first UFC fight.

No. In the end, you have the final say out there choosing whether to take the advice or not. You should know the rules.

• Like 1

Pretty much how I always saw it going for Megan, relatively quickly finished, whether it was against Nunes now or Cyborg in years past. I've always liked Megan since her Invicta debut but never thought she had gotten quite to that level. 

• Like 1