DVDVR Message Board

UFC 259: Błachowicz vs. Adesanya (3/6/2021) - Las Vegas, NV (UFC APEX)

Elsalvajeloco

I have no idea where those 30 -27 scores came from.

I could see giving Espinosa an 8 or a 9 for round for R1, but not for R2 or R3.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

Talk about weathering the storm.  Dude..... Kai Kara-France transitions from submission defense to a TKO.

I love Bontorin protesting about the early stoppage after returning to consciousness.

Edited by J.T.

Benavidez loses by UD to Askarov, but he gets to go home with Megan Olivi and Askarov forfeits 20% of his purse since the dude did not make weight so Joe B is still a winner.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 2

Phillips is setting a blistering pace, but Yadong is getting his timing and is looking to counter.  R2 should be interesting.

Song ate that head kick like it was nothing.

18 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Benavidez loses by UD to Askarov, but he gets to go home with Megan Olivi and Askarov forfeits 20% of his purse since the dude did not make weight so Joe B is still a winner.

Love Benavidez, but I think it's time for him to call it career, or maybe get one more retirement fight.

Phillips is showing tremendous fight IQ so far.  Attacking from angles and managing to take down Yadong if for nothing but optics for the judges.

If he keeps it up in R3, he wins.  If he tries to trade in the pocket with Yadong, he's going to die.

After 3 rounds, my card is 29-28 to Phillips.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

Casey Kenney did not have the gas tank to go the distance with Cruz.  DC, knowing how fights are judged, ends R3 in dominant position.

I am stunned by the split decision.  Cruz should've won UD by 29-28 across the board, IMO.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Casey Kenney did not have the gas tank to go the distance with Cruz.  DC, knowing how fights are judged, ends R3 in dominant position.

I am stunned by the split decision.  Cruz should've won UD by 29-28 across the board, IMO.

In complete agreement. 29-28 for Cruz on my scorecard as well.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

Did Cruz just call out Hans Molenkamp?  I went to use the rest room and heard mumble mumble Monster Energy mumble mumble charity when I got back.

Edited by J.T.
  • Haha 3

Cruz looked like a much older fighter, but he still should have enough to beat a Casey Kenney. And he did. Kenney is a tough out, but he's a tough out for younger fighters and not much more experienced (than himself) fighters. 

Cruz can still do some nice things (that knee tap takedown at the end was great), but I don't know if he can still execute what he needs to against younger fighters at the top of the division.

2 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Did Cruz just call out Hans Molenkamp?  I went to use the rest room and heard mumble mumble Monster Energy mumble mumble charity when I got back.

Yes.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, DreamBroken said:

Great to see Cruz back in the Win column. Looking forward to whatever comes next, hopefully not as long of a layoff in between.

Co-signed, fellow fan of the best Bantamweight of All Time. Still feel it should have made main card.

• Like 1