DVDVR Message Board

UFC 259: Błachowicz vs. Adesanya (3/6/2021) - Las Vegas, NV (UFC APEX)

Elsalvajeloco

it's fairly rare when i pick a challenger to upset the champion, but i'm going for two tonight with both Adesanya and AlJo. Sterling has really put it all together in his last few fights and is a man posessed. Stylebender seems like someone who always pushes himself to rise to the occasion, and i see that shining through tonight.

As for the other, RIP Megan Anderson. i like you quite a bit, but Nunes is a couple steps above you and will put you to sleep.

does this card have the most fights in UFC history? with 6 early prelim fights, it just seems like a humongous card.

Edited by twiztor
added thoughts

Boy oh boy I don't know what to expect in the main event. The arguments for Jan winning are similar to Costa's, and we saw how that went. However, I feel Jan is a better fighter, who at least has title fight experience. And I guess as long as he didn't drink a bottle of wine last night he'll be okay.

I don't think there's another fighter that polarizes me more than Adesanya. Part of me wants to see him get knocked out just for the reactions.. The other part is like "let's go until the wheels fall off this guy is great."

It feels like any woman opposite Amanda Nunes is just holding a Power Ball ticket hoping their numbers get called. So best of luck to Megan Anderson. Someone's gotta win, might as well be you.

No clue for Yan/Sterling. Sterling told Yan that he was going to "break him." and I kind of want to see him back that shit up. Could be a fun star making moment. I'm still leaning towards Yan but I think fans win either way. Bantamweight matchups are all killer for the foreseeable future.

• Like 1

Just when it seemed like Ulberg had cracked the code and started attacking Nzechukwu's lead leg, he gets put right to fucking sleep.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

That reach on Nzechekwu was fucking bananananas too. Ulberg would stick and move out and the fucking left would come out of nowhere and still be well in range. 

I don't think Nxechekwu threw a strike for the first 90 seconds of the fight. Just held his hands up high and ate shit. Can't believe the dude who started that fight finished that fight.

Kennedy took like 150 body shots in that first round. I thought there was no way he would be in good shape even if he made it out of round 1.

It's crazy that he lost to Paul Craig who I thought he shouldn't have lost to. He shows up here and knocks out a more touted prospect than himself. Granted, he got his ass beat for like half of that. However, as the fight progressed, he was giving just as good as he was getting.

8 minutes ago, jaedmc said:

Seemed like Elliot was complaining a lot about Espinosa being slick.

Not sure why.  Elliot seems to have no difficulty controlling Espinosa's posture.

Elliot has Espinosa's timing down and I am not sure why Espinosa doesn't realize it.  Stop throwing high kicks and flying knees, dude.  You're just going to get taken down again.

Edited by J.T.