DVDVR Message Board

2021 NCAAB - MADNESS

RIPPA

Yeah - that is the thing with bubbles.

To maximize effectiveness - you need to test negative to get in and then quarantine for at least 10 days. (I guess you could go down to 7 but that is dicey)

Selection Sunday is this Sunday - the first four is Tuesday - first round Thursday

A team playing on Sunday is going to quarantine for a max 3 days

They really should have built in at least a week between Selection Sunday and the start of the tournament but... ya know... TV $$$ and the usual one time a year they claim the athletes are students

Just now, hammerva said:

Well I mean is it an actual bubble if they are located in 4 different places.   Are the first couples in different cities?

Well they are considering Indy to be the bubble

But yes - they are using multiple locations within Indy for the first couple of rounds.

Sweet 16 is in two places and then all remaining games are in Lucas Oil

34 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I feel like I'm not surprised that Siskel trashed it. As someone who actually has lived in Indiana their whole life, it's not that far fetched that it wouldn't have happened. Indiana doesn't do it anymore, but we used to have a huge state-wide tournament with all of the basketball teams and you'd have smaller schools progressing. Hell, my high school was one of the biggest and wealthiest in the state and I remember our basketball team not being that good (football was and still is where it's at for that school.

Yeah, I'm familiar with how Indiana used to run their basketball championship and also how many people were mad when the switch to classes was made.  Yes, it's far-fetched that the story would happen but Gene should have known that the movie was inspired by a true story, making his criticism completely ridiculous. 

On 3/12/2021 at 2:04 PM, Tabe said:

Yeah, I'm familiar with how Indiana used to run their basketball championship and also how many people were mad when the switch to classes was made.  Yes, it's far-fetched that the story would happen but Gene should have known that the movie was inspired by a true story, making his criticism completely ridiculous. 

My wife always touts how her high school (South Bend Clay) was one of the last to win it before they broke it up into classes. 

Ultra mega-mass homicide weirdness in the MVC women's tournament semis.

So from what I can tell, the semis were shaping up as Bradley/Missouri State and Drake/Loyola. Bradley and Drake each had a positive COVID case but the Valley ruled they could still play. MSU chose to protect their tourney chances and withdrew, so the Valley advanced Drake into the final tomorrow and moved Loyola into MSU's slot against Bradley.

"Confused? You won't be after the next episode of Soap..."

What is really wacky is the number of teams that SHOULD be in but rejected bids because they are on the NCAA's fill in team list (Louisville, Belmont, etc...)