DVDVR Message Board

AEW - MAR 2021

Casey

16 hours ago, zendragon said:

I kinda dig the idea of a Legends Council used sparingly, I liked how WCW  had a mythical "championship committee" that Lee Marshall would talk about as a plot device. I actually wish AEW would make more use of Rankings and Win loss records for guys trying to earn title shots instead of cold matches (or matches set up over silly feuds like WWE does)  

In Fight Underground, we have a Fight Council of about a dozen Pittsburgh wrestling vets that run the show.

• Like 1

I just watched a little promo Christian did about being The Work horse and wanting to challenge Omega. Seems like Christian is ready to put his work boots on. So it'll be interesting to see how well he does compared to Edge. Christian doesn't have as much pressure as Edge to deliver. Edge is one of those guys that's looked at as a way better wrestler than he actually but Christian is a way better wrestlers but he doesn't have the Charisma Edge does especially within WWE. AEW is bigger on the workrate and I think because he's considered a Legend in AEW I think especially early on his matches will be seen as a big deal. I kinda feel sorry for Edge because if there was no Covid last year he would've gotten a really good reaction at Mania. I think alot of fans are used to him now a year later and he won't get the same reaction. Think Christian could really grow his support of the fans in AEW if he can deliver on the same level of before he left. Edge has more to lose if he doesn't deliver just based off the criticism he got after his match at Mania. The fact that it got to him so bad that He and Orton felt they had to do a rematch on the next PPV 

Dustin is in incredible shape; far more affecting in that Youtube link above playing himself than continuing in latex and facepaint at 51. Would be good to see him adopt that persona within AEW.

22 hours ago, Casey said:

AEW adjacent, but...

Not having been around any wrestling schools, was this showcase representative of the normal talent level seen? I saw glimmers and flashes of competence from some, and a couple were clearly further along in their development or just had IT; but most seemed like there wasn't any sort of screening process before admittance other than "do you have the money, are you willing to come train during a pandemic". 

I'm not trying to be negative. All seemed to be enjoying themselves, and the pre-match interviews were a nice window...I'm just curious as to whether you guys saw anything I missed that screams "future star". 

6 hours ago, matt925 said:

Still here? Also hope Keiko can still do something on dynamite even if Kenny’s done with the cheerleader entrance. 

Mizunami is wrestling Leyla Hirsch on Elevation tomorrow. So who knows how long she's sticking around.

• Like 1

Last week I wondered if we would ever get an answer to who fucked with Hangman's phone and I started to suspect it was Matt Hardy.

Great job, Matt Jackson. Way to piss away your friendship instead of talking it over to find out what's going on.

I'm watching Uno & Grayson on Unrestricted, and I'm a little shocked that they discussed that botched beatdown at the end of the last Dynamite in 2019. Uno also confirms that Matt Hardy and LUTHER were discussed as being the Exalted One (and kind of references Scurll being discussed without saying his name).

• Like 2