DVDVR Message Board

AEW - MAR 2021

Casey

And honestly, aside from CM Punk, Daniel Cormier is the only "HoF" signing that would even mean anything since Cormier can actually work a match instead of being ANOTHER manager.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Serena Deeb apparently just had a knee scope.  Did that news get mentioned anywhere?  I’m pretty pretty certain it didn’t make it to TV or YouTube.  I just read about it for the first time at F4wonline.  

She won’t be out for long.  She is the best worker with the weakest character development.  She is a woman of extremes...it seems.

They have used more than 36 different female wrestlers.  After Deeb, Rosa, Riho and probably Britt the talent is either promising or green as green has ever greened.   The division is a notch or two above where it stood back in August when I finally decided to make AEW a viewing priority.  If they had all those guest appearances from early on the women’s division would be waaay more than they have or been allowed to show so far.  Add Tessa, Mercedes, Kylie, Bea Priestley and others and that shapes the division quite nicely.  As it is they have a nice mix of styles and gimmicks.  

Edited by Ryan Faulconer
I remember more...

51 minutes ago, Ryan Faulconer said:

Serena Deeb apparently just had a knee scope.  Did that news get mentioned anywhere?  I’m pretty pretty certain it didn’t make it to TV or YouTube.  I just read about it for the first time at F4wonline.

She did great with the selling in the Riho match but I'm not surprised that this happened. Can't wait to see her back though. 

1 hour ago, Ryan Faulconer said:

She won’t be out for long.  She is the best worker with the weakest character development.  She is a woman of extremes...it seems.

They have used more than 36 different female wrestlers.  After Deeb, Rosa, Riho and probably Britt the talent is either promising or green as green has ever greened.   The division is a notch or two above where it stood back in August when I finally decided to make AEW a viewing priority.  If they had all those guest appearances from early on the women’s division would be waaay more than they have or been allowed to show so far.  Add Tessa, Mercedes, Kylie, Bea Priestley and others and that shapes the division quite nicely.  As it is they have a nice mix of styles and gimmicks.  

Brother, you gotta add Ryo Mizunami's name to the list of AEW's good to go women. I think/hope she's sticking around for a long time like Riho. They may have to get JR just to call her Mizu (means water!) so I don't get fucked up with his "Riho" call tbh. 

Speaking of Aniki, she's live on ChocoTalk!

Dean, was right all along. Give this woman the fucking title and let her go.

• Like 1

I enjoy Mizunami, though some of her mannerisms (like the mime bit) are too over the top for me, but I don’t see the wider audience taking to her like they would with a lot of other Japanese talent. 

I’m thinking the ladder match mystery wrestler will be Mike Bailey. Excalibur randomly name dropped him a few weeks back and I’m starting to think that was intentional.

23 minutes ago, Jiji said:

Brother, you gotta add Ryo Mizunami's name to the list of AEW's good to go women. I think/hope she's sticking around for a long time like Riho. They may have to get JR just to call her Mizu (means water!) so I don't get fucked up with his "Riho" call tbh. 

Speaking of Aniki, she's live on ChocoTalk!

Dean, was right all along. Give this woman the fucking title and let her go.

IIRC Jim goes to the talent (I guess mostly the foreign talent) and asks them how to pronounce their name. For whatever reason, he may be hearing her saying something similar to Riho. Obviously, I know UFC commentators do that during their fighter meetings. 

13 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

IIRC Jim goes to the talent (I guess mostly the foreign talent) and asks them how to pronounce their name. For whatever reason, he may be hearing her saying something similar to Riho. Obviously, I know UFC commentators do that during their fighter meetings. 

The Ryo/Ryu name pronunciation is incredibly hard for me and I've studied Japanese at a basic level. It's more like "dio" with the tongue starting on the roof of the mouth. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Maybe it’s Nick Gage and the Hall of Fame in question is actually the New Jersey Penal HOF.

How dare you disrespect the CZW Hall of Fame like that.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On a different tip...

Has it ever been explained what exactly happened to Excalibur when he was suspended for a few weeks?  I know WHY he was put on the shelf.  

What were the terms of Excalibur’s punishment?  He didn’t willingly take himself off camera, did he?

Edited by Ryan Faulconer
  • Like 1